1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toys Zone D showcase with the helmet and with the headsculpt on

Makes it look better as the lighting casts the right shadows on the face for a cinematic look, but.. the eyes and expression are the killer blow I think. Comparing to past headsculpts its subpar in likeness.

I think the head could ideally be used for making a younger version of Tony Stark, someone should try putting on the shades from the Mark 47 or Mark 4.

So after watching Justin's review it seems HT is gonna go the cheap/quick fix for the headsculpt and give us the old 46/47/50 sculpt...while it's WAYYYYY better than the POS we were going to receive, it's still disappointing that we're receiving an old portrait that's at least 4 years old. :dunno

Wha, they're actually replacing the sculpt? :confused:

I think it was Hologram AI that remarked back when MMS500 was released, that it was their best 1/6 armour to date, and I have to agree. While it isn't perfect, they seem to have peaked there and I'd call this a small step back.

Welp, money and space saved! ;)
Yeah so far their Mark 7 is the best that they've done. That semi-gloss metallic finish is the best they've done and the proportions all around are spot on. It looks like it can pass as a 1/1 statue of the suit.

That said, the Mark 85 still looks awesome when posed properly. I've just been spoiled by the satin finish that they did on the Mark 7 that all these super glossy coats on the other suits looks more cheap now.

Really not sure why they did that satin finish only once on the Mark 7. Really odd. Feel like it gives you that metallic finish better than these super glossy coats that they do.

50229047778_ca60f95c53_k.jpg

hRoY8Jx.jpg

2Ke5riW.png

I know it's not accurate to the movies, but I've actually come to really like the glossier finish on these figures. Makes them pop so much more under the light than the more satin finish of my Mk 7. And also helps make the red look a bit darker as well.

Yeah so far their Mark 7 is the best that they've done. That semi-gloss metallic finish is the best they've done and the proportions all around are spot on. It looks like it can pass as a 1/1 statue of the suit.

That said, the Mark 85 still looks awesome when posed properly. I've just been spoiled by the satin finish that they did on the Mark 7 that all these super glossy coats on the other suits looks more cheap now.

Really not sure why they did that satin finish only once on the Mark 7. Really odd. Feel like it gives you that metallic finish better than these super glossy coats that they do.

[...]

Absolutely. Things I found exceptional:

• Minimal gap, tight tolerances on where the upper thighs join the hip socket.
  • Overall bulk and thickness.
  • The PAINT. It makes my other diecast look like toys (Yes they're all toys bla bla bla). It has depth and sells it as a piece of advanced industrial hardware.

The 85 isn't a bad figure, but it is somewhat a victim of their own best work.

I know it's not accurate to the movies, but I've actually come to really like the glossier finish on these figures. Makes them pop so much more under the light than the more satin finish of my Mk 7. And also helps make the red look a bit darker as well.

It's a very appealing finish no doubt about it, but of course it's dependent on lighting and personal preference.

Oh yeah I can definitely vouch for that. I just put my Mk46 into my new display with LED lights above, and wow does that thing look good !!

So after watching Justin's review it seems HT is gonna go the cheap/quick fix for the headsculpt and give us the old 46/47/50 sculpt...while it's WAYYYYY better than the POS we were going to receive, it's still disappointing that we're receiving an old portrait that's at least 4 years old. :dunno

What ever happened to the proto sculpt ? Was that different to the 46/47/50 sculpt ?? Strange. That looked OK to me from memory.

Idea :idea It would be cool if they included a lightening effect with Endgame Thor to hit the Lightening Re-Focuser and also an energy blast effect to pose emitting from Mark 85's chest. That would really sell the starfish thing for me. I can't imagine posing it with that thing otherwise.

Heh, yeah, I'm never going to touch the ugly crab apparatus.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

What ever happened to the proto sculpt ? Was that different to the 46/47/50 sculpt ?? Strange. That looked OK to me from memory.

The proto sculpt seemed to be a slight rework of the 46/47/50. I thought I looked great.

I also have no problem with them just reusing the 46/47/50 again. I don't care if it's old. I have it and it's an incredible sculpt.

I seriously do not understand how people are starting to say the prototype was better. The prototype had the same inaccuracies of the concept art. All changes made since have been for the sake of film accuracy. Please look deep at the details in these comparisons.
7032DBD2-50A8-48C7-8AD3-4A332F4225B9.jpg
https://imgur.com/a/IjvpNtC

I seriously do not understand how people are starting to say the prototype was better. The prototype had the same inaccuracies of the concept art. All changes made since have been for the sake of film accuracy. Please look deep at the details in these comparisons.
View attachment 502099
https://imgur.com/a/IjvpNtC

If screen accuracy was what HT was thriving for then what the heck happened to that headsculpt??? :lol

If screen accuracy was what HT was thriving for then what the heck happened to that headsculpt??? :lol

I’m with you on the head sculpt for sure. That was a massive downgrade and deserves criticism. However I feel people are letting that blind them to the improvements made on the rest of the figure.

Honestly I am fine with the Mark 85 and I plan on buying the battle damaged one as well so this one will keep me satisfied until that one comes out. I hope that when Sideshow gets their shipments in that theirs will already have the replaced head sculpt. Overall it still looks like a beautiful figure and this is Downeys last Iron Man so I'm grateful enough to have it for that reason.

Back