1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The replacement sculpt is sooooo good.

Attachments

• Iron Man Mark 85 15 for posting final.png
    Iron Man Mark 85 15 for posting final.png
    2 MB · Views: 263
So is there no way to get mk 85 with the new head sculpt now? Also, will the battle damaged figure come with the new sculpt?

It's not from Sideshow right? Haven't gotten any notice from them regarding the replacement.
Sideshow has not sent emails out to people who signed up for the replacement yet.
Yes they haven’t. And as long as you signed up earlier this year to be notified by them, you should be getting an email from them on how to move forward with an exchange.

Keep in mind that stores were also able to sign up for the replacement program with their unsold inventory. Good chance that once Sideshow starts sending out the replacement heads that you'll see stores offering MK 85s including the new head. Also keep in mind that they will need to send back the old head sculpt which will require opening the figures, but it's either that or get the old headsculpt but sealed.

Finally get to open mine, after receiving a few days ago. A quick picture... I’m from Asia, so got the updated head sculpt as is in the box.

Attachments

• A9222469-1E0B-4C5A-9B3C-AE87FF828EEF.jpeg
    A9222469-1E0B-4C5A-9B3C-AE87FF828EEF.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 134
Silly question: Is this going to be coming with the new head if purchased now, or are retailers still clearing out packages with the old head?

Furthermore, as someone who is new to Iron Man and Marvel hot toys, are the sculpts interchangeable? For example, could I put a mk 46 RDJ head on a mk 43 body? I prefer the no-helmet vs open helmet for an RDJ face sculpt, and a full mk 46 figure is just too expensive, so I'm considering my options.

Although I will probably just wait for a reissue of 46.

Silly question: Is this going to be coming with the new head if purchased now, or are retailers still clearing out packages with the old head?

Furthermore, as someone who is new to Iron Man and Marvel hot toys, are the sculpts interchangeable? For example, could I put a mk 46 RDJ head on a mk 43 body? I prefer the no-helmet vs open helmet for an RDJ face sculpt, and a full mk 46 figure is just too expensive, so I'm considering my options.

Although I will probably just wait for a reissue of 46.
You'd have to ask the retailer what their plans are. I think some over in Asia have advertised as having done the head swap.

I don't think any US retailers would've received replacements yet if they participated. Sideshow has the product photos with the old sculpt. If you want a new head, you'd want to find a retailer that's confirmed to be getting a replacement and work it out with them. Or wait till there's reports of Sideshow starting to send out heads.

The heads are generally interchangeable though sometimes they don't fit exactly requiring a bit of museum putty or Blu-Tack. But there is a bit of a scale creep so the Mk 46 onwards are fairly noticeably larger than the Mk 42/43.

A reissue of Mk 46 almost seems inevitable but nothing is guaranteed till it happens. The reissue of Mk 47 may have under performed, and with Phase 4 finally starting to take off, they might invest resources elsewhere like making a lot of Spider variants.

At the very least, I think a Mk 46 reissue probably wouldn't happen till the 47 is closer to selling out. Considering the lead time between the announcement, production, and shipping, the hypothetical reissue might not be in-hand for many years.

Even if they announced it tomorrow, the figure probably wouldn't arrive till 2023 at the earliest.

The Mk 50 and Mk 47 are readily available, both with head sculpts if you want a figure to enjoy now.

Last edited:
Spoke with Sideshow customer support, and they confirm that the window to order replacements is closed, and that the figure currently available on their site comes with the original head, and no further replacements will be available. So if you want to order the LXXXV from them it will not come with the revised head.

Just got my 2nd batch 85 with the new head. Does anyone know if they fixed the shoulders gap on the 2nd batch? I think they might have, because on mine there is no gap, well at least when the arms are pushed down. There's only a gap on mine when the arms are pushed upwards, but it's nowhere near as bad as the photos and videos I have seen, did they fix it or is this just the same as the 1st batch

Last edited:
Just got my 2nd batch 85 with the new head. Does anyone know if they fixed the shoulders gap on the 2nd batch? I think they might have, because on mine there is no gap, well at least when the arms are pushed down. There's only a gap on mine when the arms are pushed upwards, but it's nowhere near as bad as the photos and videos I have seen, did they fix it or is this just the same as the 1st batch
Can you provide photos of yours for comparison purposes?

Kghobby said to me a couple weeks ago that they will have him "around end of 2021" the wait is killing me!!

Speaking of waiting, really wondering when Sideshow is going to get back to us about the head exchange. Confused how the replacement sculpt has already been integrated in some batches and yet we still haven’t heard anything since the initial email

Speaking of waiting, really wondering when Sideshow is going to get back to us about the head exchange. Confused how the replacement sculpt has already been integrated in some batches and yet we still haven’t heard anything since the initial email
'Tis a good point. We should by all accounts be getting some type of update at this time...it's Q4 already...

Iron Man Mark 3 was my first hot toys ever (Plastic Version) and now I own Mark 85 (Probsbly the final Iron Man I’m going to buy)
Very happy with such a sleek and nice designs

Attachments

• FD70769A-7288-4F67-9B93-46197465065C.jpeg
    FD70769A-7288-4F67-9B93-46197465065C.jpeg
    179.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 5BC82872-3ACB-4085-970E-9D76457B580B.jpeg
    5BC82872-3ACB-4085-970E-9D76457B580B.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 55
Back