1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I gathered. It's possible that was for the initial production run and the better head sculpt was placed in boxed figures in a later run. I won't know until I have it in hand in December or, someone buys one from Sideshow now, gets theirs and let's us know.
You can just ask their live support team prior to buying. They dont bite.

Well I asked in live chat and was told that this figure only comes with the original head sculpt and that exchange for the better sculpt ended after a few months.

IMG_3216.jpeg
IMG_3204.jpeg
Damn, nothing here for a year? Life moves on I guess. So when is the 2.0 of this dropping 😝

Anyway, here is a group shot of Iron Man and Iron Patriot

View attachment 691846View attachment 691847Damn, nothing here for a year? Life moves on I guess. So when is the 2.0 of this dropping 😝

Anyway, here is a group shot of Iron Man and Iron Patriot
I know you're just kidding, but 2 reasons why I don't see a 2.0 of this being made.

1. Nothing really to improve on unless it's an improved head with moving eyes. There's already an accessory pack for this. Since this is a later armor, it was made with current production standards. It's not like the Mark 3 which was made a long time ago and need the upgrade, like better sizing etc.

2. This figure is still available for retail price, even has promotions like free shipping. Iron Man figures usually sell out, but this is still around for reason. Especially since it's his last armor. For example the recent Mark 3 is waitlisted. Heck even the die cast War Machine re-release is still available. I would have thought that would sell out judging how the original release was going for almost 3 times the retail price.

2. This figure is still available for retail price, even has promotions like free shipping. Iron Man figures usually sell out, but this is still around for reason. Especially since it's his last armor. For example the recent Mark 3 is waitlisted. Heck even the die cast War Machine re-release is still available. I would have thought that would sell out judging how the original release was going for almost 3 times the retail price.
I think after the uproar about the first HS died down, most people realized this is a very underwhelming figure.
What ticks me off are the shoulders HT got right for the proto, but butchered for the release. It threw the whole look of the armor off. That and the subpar joints, piss yellow gold paint job and lazy accessories (no led feature for the back mounted refocuser) made for a release that deserved much better.
341546-20210730-162555.jpg

341547-20210730-162859.jpg

yeah, I remember the prototype had this very nice bulk to the figure, and the final product had trimmed some parts all over the figure for better articulation I guess. but thankfully there is an aftermarket body mod set you can get off taobao (not cheap, though!) that brings it closer to how it looks in the prototype.

yeah, I remember the prototype had this very nice bulk to the figure, and the final product had trimmed some parts all over the figure for better articulation I guess. but thankfully there is an aftermarket body mod set you can get off taobao (not cheap, though!) that brings it closer to how it looks in the prototype.

I'll put the blame on Marvel/Disney themselves as well as they can't stop doing post production changes to the armor design. The proto was based on the art provided before the movie was released. I reckon when the final look came out, HT had to quickly pivot and make changes asap on the final product thus affecting the proportions of the toy. Meh. It's done. HT lost big time on a lot of products during the whole IW/EG period. Too many products and some aspects in the final products suffered as a result.

I would check with @Toy Anxiety but I’m not sure if they bother to part out Iron Man figures because there’s not a lot to part out.
They don’t tend to. They part out the Tony Stark figures but not so much the Iron Man figures. Monkey Depot has parted out some Iron Man figures in the past, but they aren’t consistent in that they part out every single one.

Did this release had the paint chipping issues and pinking parts like the previous iterations?
No. Thee pink discoloration hasn't been a thing for awhile. At the very least since HT started the diecast ones but I think even some of the later plastic ones didn't have the discoloration that used to happen with the original figures with the old rubber crotch pieces.

Back