1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Armored Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yes I saved your photos they are awesome lol
I'll let you in on a secret: $17 for this webcam ringlight on gooseneck arm and $28 for a tripod was the best money I've ever spent! Makes it so easy to get the light where I want it and keep it there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3D266R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ringlight.jpg

DSC_0340.jpg

Does anyone have both the infinity war version and endgame armored fig? I'd like to know how different the skin tones are. Can body parts be swapped?

I'll let you in on a secret: $17 for this webcam ringlight on gooseneck arm and $28 for a tripod was the best money I've ever spent! Makes it so easy to get the light where I want it and keep it there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3D266R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 604368

View attachment 604369
Awesome, thanks for that. Great photos. That light looks great. Agree about a tripod best photography investment ever. You can get away with no lights if you have a good tripod. I’ve already gone through three gorillapods, i keep breaking them.

Awesome, thanks for that. Great photos. That light looks great. Agree about a tripod best photography investment ever. You can get away with no lights if you have a good tripod. I’ve already gone through three gorillapods, i keep breaking them.
Yup! And I debated spending big bucks for a nice tripod but ended up buying the cheap Amazon Basics model that feels so flimsy I will not be shocked if it doesn’t make it a year. But it I could literally buy 15 replacements for the cost of the nice one I was considering so…

Soooo are you gonna make a series on how to take better photos? :monkey3
🤣 you know i would highly highly recommend the video @Jedha Patrol made on camera lenses and lighting earlier this year, where he demonstrates what a difference it makes. First 11-and-a-half minutes are about focal lengths and after that it’s about lighting placement. Check it out!

It’s all about using a soft light with a natural white balance and positioning it in a manner that creates the most interesting, flattering shadows on the face.

🤣 you know i would highly highly recommend the video @Jedha Patrol made on camera lenses and lighting earlier this year, where he demonstrates what a difference it makes. First 11-and-a-half minutes are about focal lengths and after that it’s about lighting placement. Check it out!

It’s all about using a soft light with a natural white balance and positioning it in a manner that creates the most interesting, flattering shadows on the face.

Oh wow I didn't know JP made a video about it! Thanks for sharing and bookmarked and will watch! 😀

I ordered this beast on Monday from Popcultcha and it arrived in Wisconsin, USA by Friday. Hell of a deal too at $260. I found the batteries fit somewhat loose in the gauntlet, causing a flickering connection. I placed a small piece of foam between the batteries and the plastic cover to keep them from wiggling and that seems to have solved the problem. I use my own stands to keep the collection more uniform, so I doubt I'll even remove the HT stand from the box. I'm really happy with this guy. Great shelf presence.

IMG_4783 2.JPG

IMG_4789 2.JPG

IMG_4786 2.JPG

Last edited:
I ordered this beast on Monday from Popcultcha and it arrived in Wisconsin, USA by Friday. Hell of a deal too at $260. I found the batteries fit somewhat loose in the gauntlet, causing a flickering connection. I placed a small piece of foam between the batteries and the plastic cover to keep them from wiggling and that seems to have solved the problem. I use my own stands to keep the collection more uniform, so I doubt I'll even remove the HT stand from the box. I'm really happy with this guy. Great shelf presence.
Nice. I was able to get one for $230 shipped to Wisconsin about a month ago from Popcultcha, but that's only because they had an extra percentage of at the time.

View attachment 605407

View attachment 605408

View attachment 605409

What kind of stand is that? Does it still have a crotch grabber just hidden behind the skirt element?

What kind of stand is that? Does it still have a crotch grabber just hidden behind the skirt element?
It’s acrylic. Yeah there’s a crotch piece under there too. Very stable. It’s a 1/4” thick acrylic circle base with a 3/8” diameter acrylic rod and and acrylic crotch rest.

Here’s a 1/6 scale version. One with a standard crotch grabber and one with the acrylic crotch rest. I love the clean uniform look they give. I’m not a fan of HT’s bases.

02BCFBA8-602A-4FDD-BEB5-96F01692B775.jpeg

I love the Endgame Thanos, all armored up. But I hate that HT didn't give us a 90 degree bent arm like they did for the plain clothed Infinity War Thanos. So I tracked down the Infinity War arm on eBay. The material and color is pretty spot on to the Endgame version, predictably. If there's any variation in the skin tone, I don't see it personally. Next I set about modding it to accept the magnetic shoulder armor. To do this, I detached the rubber arm sleeve on the joint side, and slid the rubber sleeve over the shoulder all together. With the plastic shoulder now exposed, I drilled a half inch opening in it to accept a half inch wide circular magnet, allowing it to sit flush with the plastic surface so no bump is visible. I used some strong double sided tape to prevent the magnet from falling entirely through the opening, then placed a section of vinyl electric tape over the entire area, to seal it up and protect any friction on the rubber sleeve. Then I simply pulled the rubber back over the shoulder, which is easy to do as there's already some sort of lubricating grease inside, and seated it back up against the joint. Presto, magnetized for the armor identical to the standard Endgame arms.

Pulling out the rubber tabs affixing the the rubber sleeve to the arm.
IMG_5393.jpg

Drilling half inch hole to accept the magnet (make sure to not drill too deep and damage the inner joint mechanism.
IMG_5388.jpg

Seat the magnet in the opening with double sided tape, nice and flush.
IMG_5390.jpg

Cover the work with a strip of vinyl electric tape.
IMG_5391.jpg

Presto!
IMG_5384.jpg

Some more pics with the modded arm. Still haven't figured out best how to mod the armored arm band to fit on this larger bicep. I have to track down some loose bands to experiment with.

This is how I always wanted this figure posed. But that initial rubber arm would've fallen apart bend like this.

IMG_5361.jpg

IMG_5372.jpg

I love the Endgame Thanos, all armored up. But I hate that HT didn't give us a 90 degree bent arm like they did for the plain clothed Infinity War Thanos. So I tracked down the Infinity War arm on eBay. The material and color is pretty spot on to the Endgame version, predictably. If there's any variation in the skin tone, I don't see it personally. Next I set about modding it to accept the magnetic shoulder armor. To do this, I detached the rubber arm sleeve on the joint side, and slid the rubber sleeve over the shoulder all together. With the plastic shoulder now exposed, I drilled a half inch opening in it to accept a half inch wide circular magnet, allowing it to sit flush with the plastic surface so no bump is visible. I used some strong double sided tape to prevent the magnet from falling entirely through the opening, then placed a section of vinyl electric tape over the entire area, to seal it up and protect any friction on the rubber sleeve. Then I simply pulled the rubber back over the shoulder, which is easy to do as there's already some sort of lubricating grease inside, and seated it back up against the joint. Presto, magnetized for the armor identical to the standard Endgame arms.

Pulling out the rubber tabs affixing the the rubber sleeve to the arm.
View attachment 607094

Drilling half inch hole to accept the magnet (make sure to not drill too deep and damage the inner joint mechanism.
View attachment 607095

Seat the magnet in the opening with double sided tape, nice and flush.
View attachment 607096

Cover the work with a strip of vinyl electric tape.
View attachment 607097

Presto!
View attachment 607098
Wow, amazing work!! Also thanks for the instructions, I suspect quite a few people will do this modification!

Back