1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This trend of having their cake and eating it too with using one sculpt for everything is just a train wreck. You always end up with a weird, compromised base sculpt and a helmet or hat that's oversized and off looking. Not to mention you're always potentially ruining the sculpt by keeping the helmet or googles or whatever feature on it. For these prices multiple sculpts with permanent features should be a given.

This trend of having their cake and eating it too with using one sculpt for everything is just a train wreck. You always end up with a weird, compromised base sculpt and a helmet or hat that's oversized and off looking. Not to mention you're always potentially ruining the sculpt by keeping the helmet or googles or whatever feature on it. For these prices multiple sculpts with permanent features should be a given.
Exactly. Meanwhile the Doctor Strange MoM figure gets a second headsculpt for a look that's not even on screen for a minute.
If any figure needed to separate head sculpts it is this since the helmet look is badarse and iconic, while the hair look is his main look in the movie. This figure gives us no choice but to only use display him with the helmet on.

I have great respect for ppl who can do this. Every time I think I'm just going to get one version of a character just to have it represented in the collection, I end up going overboard :LOL: :thud:
Yeah it’s not always easy that’s for sure, lot’s of temptation out there. 😀

One thing that has helped me stick to my rule has been choosing the version of a given figure that is to me the best single representation of the character IMO. Also I sometimes do slight modifications on some figures that help make them as close to definitive versions as I can (like with CW Falcon and Endgame Cap).

Last edited:
Yeah it’s not always easy that’s for sure, lot’s of temptation out there. 😀

One thing that has helped me stick to my rule has been choosing the version of a given figure that is to me the best single representation of the character IMO. Alos I sometimes do slight modifications on some figures that help make them as close to definitive versions as I can (like with CW Falcon and Endgame Cap).
I'm one figure per character as well, but for me I go for my favourite version of the character e.g. Captain America Stealth Suit and Spider-Man Tech suit from Homecoming. I don't do any mods though.

My current challenge is to keep it to twenty 1/6 figures as I collect a bunch of other things like vehicles, 1/12 figures, 1/10 figures etc.

I agree, I also feel this would be the best solution to achieving both display options. But to my eye, how the production figure is, I'd say the aesthetic of the removable helmet doesn't look so bothersome to me. (In a perfect world, it would be cool to have all these accessories included, the two fixed feature head sculpts and the head with a removable helmet [just for the sake of functionality]).

Exactly. Meanwhile the Doctor Strange MoM figure gets a second headsculpt for a look that's not even on screen for a minute.
[...]

And sometimes they make figures with no screen time at all! :rotfl As some say, HT works in mysterious ways :lol

I have great respect for ppl who can do this. Every time I think I'm just going to get one version of a character just to have it represented in the collection, I end up going overboard :LOL: :thud:

tenor.gif

I remember people ******** on the ragnarok loki, i myself think it's a great figure in hand. I think it has a pretty good likeness too. I'm hoping in hand pics and a full review of this figure will prevent me from canceling it.
I liked the Ragnarok version enough to get 2; the sculpt while not perfect for me was pretty d@mn good; it's a beautiful figure.

And I'll immediately try to pop a sculpt from that fig onto this, which at this point - without more pics - am really buying for the outfit. In general I don't picture Loki scowling like this all the time, or glaring. He does, but Hiddleston IMO is pretty expressive. Jeez maybe they'll get it perfect for Loki Season 2:banghead

My current challenge is to keep it to twenty 1/6 figures as I collect a bunch of other things like vehicles, 1/12 figures, 1/10 figures etc.

*Me: Avoids looking at stacked boxes crammed everywhere as well as the tower of 1/4 scale boxes + the box from the Haslab Razor Crest and the Funkos* :monkey3

^ For real. What is the point in making a figure with a removable helmet if you have to downgrade how the figures looks when not wearing said helmet? Kinda self defeating imo.
I agree. Even if their idea is for us to have to buy every loki to get a "DX" version, this should only have the helmeted option.

Back