1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite the initial disappointment on release, Loki looks quite spectacular posed up with his helmet on!

E59DDCAE-B4E1-41CE-8A6E-8D0DF738D4D8.jpeg
B5300AC0-7D67-4AD7-95F1-2C4F0BC69706.jpeg
64D17253-C149-4DAE-8477-9C3C4AFD6B9E.jpeg

Last edited:
What date did they say he’s expecting to ship? I cancelled my PO but may order him once he’s in stock.

After how many years - mine shipped. Will probably get more excited when I have in hand, kept forgetting I ordered.

Edit: Thanks to wild U.S. weather, another arrival delay this one from UPS. Supposedly will arrive Monday. I'll believe it when Loki is in hand.🙄

Last edited:
I received mine from SSC about 2 weeks ago now. When I opened it, the tape at the bottom of the art box was already cut open. I could tell other tape attaching the staffs to the clam shell and the plastic piece with foam protecting the head sculpt, had once been removed. All of the plastic pieces were lose on the arms and feet too.

I thoroughly inspected the figure and all the accessories and nothing was damaged or missing. I also noticed that the shipper box had been taped again as well after looking at it closer. Has anyone else ever experienced this with Sideshow? Should I even bothering complaining about it?

Now about the figure itself, the headsculpt is way better than the over lighted washed out pictures that got posted and scared everyone into canceling much like the Cable figure. The helmet really sets it over the top. The tailoring is amazing, but all that pleather does terrify me.

I received mine from SSC about 2 weeks ago now. When I opened it, the tape at the bottom of the art box was already cut open. I could tell other tape attaching the staffs to the clam shell and the plastic piece with foam protecting the head sculpt, had once been removed. All of the plastic pieces were lose on the arms and feet too.

I thoroughly inspected the figure and all the accessories and nothing was damaged or missing. I also noticed that the shipper box had been taped again as well after looking at it closer. Has anyone else ever experienced this with Sideshow? Should I even bothering complaining about it?

Now about the figure itself, the headsculpt is way better than the over lighted washed out pictures that got posted and scared everyone into canceling much like the Cable figure. The helmet really sets it over the top. The tailoring is amazing, but all that pleather does terrify me.
Over the last 5 years or so, I've seen people with the same observation that they got a previously opened figure. I would assume its likely that is indeed the case but I had assumed they were low stock items that had been returned. Curious if its a returned product when they have unopened (presumably) available.

I received mine the same way. It has no defects so I might keep it. It still sucks that Sideshow would send out returns for people that preordered. :mad:

That's a ********* practice of Sideshow's. They don't advertise as selling 'opened' products do they?
No and it's something that they've been doing for years now and continue to deny doing. Countless of posts on FB and social media about this issue happening. People getting "used" or open figures that are suppose to be brand new. They then always just say "Sorry but we don't ship out used or returned figures." when it's 100% the case.

I'm wondering if they are claiming plausible deniability with the opened ones then. I could see maybe some of the ones that shipped from HK where previously purchased there and returned/fixed and shipped with SSC batch. Seems like it would have been too early for SSC to have had returns received back and sent out again.

Either way that should be noticed by them. Perhaps at the very least give free shipping for those. I only have one more preorder with them, so will give me a second thought before placing another order with them.

I guess its possible they were opened for inspection when they were shipped to the U.S. too. I would imagine customs agents can probably go through whatever they want. If that is the case then these should be discounted though.

So mine came in - after how many years? and my short verdict is: (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

A very, very good classic Avengers Loki. Being a costume junkie, was worried that the square stud edging along the robe and tunic would look cheap. It doesn't, far as I can tell some sort of metal plastic or paint was stamped/imbedded, so if I really nitpick it looks like tiny metal plates. Same with whatever detail used on the pants.

The number of seams, insets, and pleats is pretty mind boggling. No wonder the production on this was slow. As far as the sculpt and paint, I'm pretty happy. Like a lot of folks, in a perfect world guess I'd prefer a more lively expression (possibly difficult to achieve, but the Ragnarok Loki has the slightest smirk).

But it's fine. I would have preferred 2 sculpts etc, - but ANYWAY. No regrets on the purchase. My biggest nit is the paint - yeah, IMO, they should have had more of a bling paint job, like the staff is pretty shiny (for me the staff is wicked, all these years never noticed the extended blade(y)). Whether some dry brushing or buffing could be done, without ruining the figure to add some shine here and there - dunno. Not until I get a lot more experience.

And it would be no easy thing to get the costume off. A couple of out of the box cell pics. Oh, yeah, the plastic is still on the neck, am thinking of finding some dull clear plastic to wrap the neck, just in case, so leaving that for the moment. LOTS of pleather so this guy will be under glass (Unlike Mando who I don't worry about leaving out, or Boba, or Cap).

IMO a more than solid release, if you need a classic Loki.
Loki_full.jpg

Loki_close.jpg

PS. My fig was definitely new and pristine, from SSC, not a return, had the faint chemical smell, new tape, etc. 😁

Back