Hot Toys Avatar: 1/6th scale Avatar Jake Sully Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope HT will put this new Jake up for PO soon. I never did get the first one, because I didn't like the hair and warpaint. I would've preferred a regular looking Jake, like he did for about 90% of the movie.

I also hope they don't stop at just Jake. I want at least Neytiri as well. Maybe even moreso than Jake. I prefer human Quaritch (with coffeemug) from of the first movie over the blue one from WoW.

I got this guy recently, I'm pretty happy with it!
IMG_9067(2).jpg

Straight up gonna eat crow. Did not think they'd make Neytiri in a billion years.

That's a lot of ******* new tooling. But if I had to guess, Cameron's gonna push out another 10 of these movies and whatever spin offs they generate so maybe HT sees long term possibility to recoup tooling costs.

While they look amazing, I think it is a missing opportunity to not use glass eyes like the original figure had,but upgraded. Painted on eyes truly make them look like a high quality Mcfarlane figures. Still beautiful tho. I think original figure is way impressive. Need to hunt down one.

Without pouring over old posts, did I miss a memo about the fragility of this figure? I’m not out driving golf balls with mine, but I don’t get the impression that it will fall apart if I look at it wrong

I ask based on Justin’s review
It is fragile. Bought mine a few years back and the shoulder joint broke pretty much right away, brand spanking new out of the box. There’s a post somewhere on the forum (or maybe it’s a YouTube video I’m thinking of) where someone shows how to take the body apart and repair the shoulder joint with a metal rod or screw. It was a pretty common issue with this figure. Got it set up in a pose with a little super glue to hold the arm in the body and haven’t dared touch it since.

Got the original Jake figure today, it wasn't easy to find a sealed one for a good price so it was a project I was working on for a while lol I don't know what people are smoking when they say negative things about this figure...Lord have mercy! He is spectacular! Sitting all day watching him,I'm blown away, so happy I got him! Also he is wayyyyy bigger than I thought,way way bigger. Incredible figure!!!

Back