Hot Toys- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania- Ant-Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like another good Ant-Man figure! While the new suit is nice, I think I still prefer the AM&TW version, I think that's my fav of all his suits.
View attachment 621662

The first suit is still my favourite. It actually looks like someone other than Stark made it.
The first is my favorite as well, but I also prefer the AM&TW version over this one. Not that this one is bad, it's simply doesn't look different enough to warrant purchasing a 3rd version.

I will say the purple and black on Cassie looks fantastic, I could be interested in that figure. This one though, I'm gonna need a better sculpt, which they've said is on the way as this one is only a work in progress. The last key avenger I'd like displayed in my collection
Yeah for sure a Cassie figure would look striking with her black and purple suit! I'll be curious to know if they do end up releasing her along with AM and TW from this line.
Agreed. And the high-top Converse add a touch of youth to help differentiate her from the other two. Maybe they're a suggestion from Mile Morales lol...

If I get an Ant-Man it'll be his last appearance. All of his suits are too repetitive for me. And I don't really care for him in the comics, I mostly just like Paul Rudd. That said, where's Klawng?! I gotta have my Klawng ASAP! Klawng! Klawng! Klawng! Give me Klawng, I can't wait much more! I gotta get my clowny groove back on! Klawng!
Vic, you haven't heard? Hot Toys is skipping Kang and instead are making a one-off figure for Jonathan Majors' Creed III character because......well, Hot Toys lol....

Vic, you haven't heard? Hot Toys is skipping Kang and instead are making a one-off figure for Jonathan Majors' Creed III character because......well, Hot Toys lol....
S'Okay my man, I'll just swap a Bale head on top of it like I originally planned!

icegif-1062.gif

Looks like another good Ant-Man figure! While the new suit is nice, I think I still prefer the AM&TW version, I think that's my fav of all his suits.
Agreed. The color scheme for Wasp seems more like the comics here with the vibrant yellow but I'm not a fan of the center chest pieces which are probably story-based.

I've always thought of Evangeline as attractive but she does not look good in the trailer. And in this sculpt... She looks like Bruce Lee and I can't unsee it!

I'm in agreement that the first suit is still the best.

I've got all of the Antman figures so far and even converted the Stark Team Suit to a Scott Lang but I'm unsure on this one and the Wasp, as they are just too close to the second film's outfits. I'll definitely get the Cassey, though.

I can’t wait to see Bale’s head atop a black boxer’s body lol.
It's going to be the MJ Kang Variant: Head Vitiligo Edition.

Kidding aside, I am curious to see their Klawng. I wonder if they'll go with the metallic-esque look from the promos, or the awful "lmao just put a blue filter in After Effects" one from the trailers. Then again they still haven't shown a Manletmor, so who knows when Klawng will grace my eyes...

It's going to be the MJ Kang Variant: Head Vitiligo Edition.

Kidding aside, I am curious to see their Klawng. I wonder if they'll go with the metallic-esque look from the promos, or the awful "lmao just put a blue filter in After Effects" one from the trailers. Then again they still haven't shown a Manletmor, so who knows when Klawng will grace my eyes...
Yes, I'm curious to see him as well. HT seems to have ever-so-slightly upped their game now that InArt has stolen their thunder, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I think there's a better chance of his figure looking great than that of Namor. Between Namor's need (IMO) for a seamless figure and Tenoch Huerta's unique build (trying to find a diplomatic way of saying non-chiseled lol), I'm not holding out a lot of hope for him. Heck, I'm starting to think HT will skip him altogether.

Yes, I'm curious to see him as well. HT seems to have ever-so-slightly upped their game now that InArt has stolen their thunder, so I'm cautiously optimistic. I think there's a better chance of his figure looking great than that of Namor.
Oh yeah, Klawng's an easier figure than Manletmor to do, and it'll probably look pretty cool with the metallic armour and all. The pleather "tunic" is my main worry, but we'll see. It's just that the "holomask" in the trailer is so horrendous that I can't look past it. It's supposed to be a proper mask but from a futuristic material, but noooooo, we've gotta add the awful CGI "nanomachines" everywhere... Let's hope it's more similar to this:

FmEco3EXkAIKTBN

I do wonder if they'll give him an unmasked head and how it'll work. Neckless HS or with a neck? Will the masked head light up? Will the eyes have those awful blue contact irises from the trailer or be pure white like above? He's got to happen though. If they do Cassie and no Klawng, it'll be a bummer.

Between Namor's need (IMO) for a seamless figure and Tenoch Huerta's unique build (trying to find a diplomatic way of saying non-chiseled lol), I'm not holding out a lot of hope for him. Heck, I'm starting to think HT will skip him altogether.
Huerta's pudgy, no need to mince words. He's an annoying crybaby who didn't even get built. But now we've got to treat him as a sex symbol due to Twitter; please... At least my man Klawng worked out (and roided, let's be honest) for these guns:

Interview.png

It was ridiculous watching WF and seeing Huerta's arms get lost in the plasticky vambraces which were wobbling. Just embarrassing.

Either way, I don't know if they'll skip him, as he is a new character with some heavy marketing behind him. But he is a problematic design. Either put in a lot of work making him seamless, or just go the easy route of Avatar. But if they did the latter I don't see anybody buying him. So maybe you're right and there is a chance that they'll skip him and wait for another version with a suit to come up. Even if he was to happen, I'm of two minds about it. I'd have to see it first and decide later.

This one is not an improvement over the AMATW one for sure, but the worst is still that baggy spirit halloween costume the put him in for civil war

szEUg6g.png

This one is not an improvement over the AMATW one for sure, but the worst is still that baggy spirit halloween costume the put him in for civil war

szEUg6g.png
God his original custome is so good. Better helmet on that one as well. Always sucks to see them nail an outfit design right off the bat. The design only goes downwards from there.

Damn this is his worst suit so far IMO. Super overdesigned and messy looking. The chest has a million lines and cuts out happening. It's all over the place and super distracting.

Nothing has yet to beat his original Ant-Man 1 movie suit. Wish they would reissue that.

SCFigVn.png

DvlrWnE.png
I'm with you there. The only thing I dislike about the original is that it's leathery (pleathery) so it doens't look as high-tech.

April 2024 - September 2024 release date window.

Yeah, this is not coming until 2025. Might as well wait for Kang Dynasty to release for his outfit from that film lol.

I'm with you there. The only thing I dislike about the original is that it's leathery (pleathery) so it doens't look as high-tech.

But that is the exact reason that I prefer it. That suit was old-school design, used by Hank Pym decades before Scott Lang wore it.

Back