Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you imagine how much these figures will cost when they do come out?? Ugh.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't expect anything less than $300 per release, especially if they continue to be in the DX series. The scary part is, I would pay it for the Bat, the Cat and the Penguin.

Dont buy it if you hate it.

The price would be what the market will pay for it.

Exactly my thoughts too. Get the figure when its at msrp or close to that.

I was lucky to get the DX09 (my first HT figure) last summer at $240 shipped MISB

I hate to say it, but I wouldn't expect anything less than $300 per release, especially if they continue to be in the DX series. The scary part is, I would pay it for the Bat, the Cat and the Penguin.

Yeah. Considering that Penguin warrants a unique base body, too.

Sigh. You''ll be remembered, dear wallet.

Considering how great the DX 08 and 09 figures turned out, I would have paid $300 for them if that's what they cost. Burton Bats is one of the few things I'll buy no matter what the cost.

Also, remember that this is a license that HT could release at any time, whereas Iron Man is all the rage right now so they're obviously going to capitalize on that, especially since the Nolan Bats train has left the station.

Then again did the 89 stuff sell as well as they thought I wonder. Joker can still be had well under retail on these boards and was in stock at SSC up until recently. Actually I thought that it came back in stock for a while. I think more people bought Batman more than Joker but wasn't even Batman around for a while?

Last edited:
Then again did the 89 stuff sell as well as they thought I wonder. Joker can still be had well under retail on these boards and was in stock at SSC up until recently. Actually I thought that it came back in stock for a while. I think more people bought Batman more than Joker but wasn't even Batman around for a while?

I dont think they sold as well as HT expected. They are both easy to get even now. I think you guys will be waiting a long time for these.

I think that has more to do with Hot Toys knowing there would be a HUGE market for these and producing a quantity sufficient to cover such a demand.

We shouldn't all assume because the figure is readily available that is by any means an indicator that it wasn't a hit. It just means they made enough this time. When I think of pictures of collections, I almost always spot the pair of 1989 Batman DX figures in there... Even if it is there only representation of Batman (that is the case for me). And I think these (along with Reeve Superman) were "gateway" figures for many current Hot Toys collectors. A lot of people became aware of Hot Toys thanks to these. I even know many folks who count those 3 releases as the ONLY Hot Toys they own.

There was such pent-up demand for high-end quality representations of Keaton Bats, Nicholson Joker, and Reeve Supes. It had built for literally decades... I am sure Hot toys took that into account when they decided on their production numbers. That is why you see SO many of them. They made a ton, and people bought a ton.

And seeing them available on the boards for reasonable prices or at retail shops doesn't matter to Hot Toys. They have already counted those sales. What a buyer (be it the end-collector or a retail shop) does with it after it leaves their warehouse doesn't affect them in the least, since they have already been paid and counted that figure in their overall sales.

I truly believe those 3 were massive sellers for Hot Toys. I think the only reason we haven't seen anything out of Returns yet is what many folks have already said: They have other stuff on their plate that takes precedence. Iron Man and the Avengers are HOT right now, so it makes more sense to release those now and maximize profit. The folks that want Returns now will still want it in 2014, so there isn't any reason to spend resources and time on that for Hot Toys. Does it suck? Yeah. Would I LOVE to see these now? Sure. But am I worried that we won't ever see these? No.... but waiting sure does suck.

Sallah

Last edited:
And seeing them available on the boards for reasonable prices or at retail shops doesn't matter to Hot Toys. They have already counted those sales. What a buyer (be it the end-collector or a retail shop) does with it after it leaves their warehouse doesn't affect them in the least, since they have already been paid and counted that figure in their overall sales.

Sallah

This exactly. Beaten to it, but well put Sallah. Once those third party retailer/etailers have their stock, HT already has their monies for them.

There is just no way that these were anything less than a big hit for HT, for the reasons stated.

I think that has more to do with Hot Toys knowing there would be a HUGE market for these and producing a quantity sufficient to cover such a demand.

We shouldn't all assume because the figure is readily available that is by any means an indicator that it wasn't a hit. It just means they made enough this time. When I think of pictures of collections, I almost always spot the pair of 1989 Batman DX figures in there... Even if it is there only representation of Batman (that is the case for me). And I think these (along with Reeve Superman) were "gateway" figures for many current Hot Toys collectors. A lot of people became aware of Hot Toys thanks to these. I even know many folks who count those 3 releases as the ONLY Hot Toys they own.

There was such pent-up demand for high-end quality representations of Keaton Bats, Nicholson Joker, and Reeve Supes. It had built for literally decades... I am sure Hot toys took that into account when they decided on their production numbers. That is why you see SO many of them. They made a ton, and people bought a ton.

I truly believe those 3 were massive sellers for Hot Toys. I think the only reason we haven't seen anything out of Returns yet is what many folks have already said: They have other stuff on their plate that takes precedence. Iron Man and the Avengers are HOT right now, so it makes more sense to release those now and maximize profit. The folks that want Returns now will still want it in 2014, so there isn't any reason to spend resources and time on that for Hot Toys. Does it suck? Yeah. Would I LOVE to see these now? Sure. But am I worried that we won't ever see these? No.... but waiting sure does suck.

Sallah

Agreed, I don't think they were poor sellers at all. Then again we don't really have any statistics or sales charts from them to see if this is true or not. I still think people overreact when they say "oh, there are tons of this figure available on the secondary market, must have sold poorly"

And I know some people have stated, "well, they haven't sold well here in *insert China/UK/Japan*" but here in the U.S. all the stores are sold out. They sold out from Sideshow, CSC, Toy Anxiety, Alterego, etc. etc. and in less than a year. Are we the main target for Hot Toys? No. But I think it should say something about the success of the sales.

The DX 09 Batman goes, for what, $300 to $360 on the secondary market? If places are so saturated with it, how come it goes for so much?

I think the reason the Returns stuff (and other licenses for that matter) have yet to be shown is because they're focusing all their efforts on this summer's blockbusters. It's been 21 years, I don't think a couple more months or a year is going to hurt interest.

Last edited:
I know I have those 3 stalwarts in my collection. Hot toys figures don't get better than the Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker and Christopher Reeve Superman.

I also have the MMS 136 Terminator. That's all I have so far.

DX10 Terminator will be in my possession on Wednesday and a 2nd hand Blade 2 from Italy the week after.

You have the 70s/80s classics.

That Tech Noir T-800 is one of my favorite figures in my collection. Right up there with the Keaton DX 09 Batman.

It doesn't get much better than this,

PD1340181761hGI.jpg

11082521578bc3fff4da88cdcd.jpg

1105261248204f570d5cf56ca2.jpg

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg

Back