Hot Toys Announce Batman Returns License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are my favorite shots when specs/pics go up. There's something really exciting and classy about em.

Can't wait for Robocop and Batman Returns specs.

Those are my favorite shots when specs/pics go up. There's something really exciting and classy about em.

Can't wait for Robocop and Batman Returns specs.

Agreed. Methinks Keaton and Nicholson will be the first Hot Toys I (re-)buy this year.

You have the 70s/80s classics.

That Tech Noir T-800 is one of my favorite figures in my collection. Right up there with the Keaton DX 09 Batman.

It doesn't get much better than this,

PD1340181761hGI.jpg

11082521578bc3fff4da88cdcd.jpg

1105261248204f570d5cf56ca2.jpg

11082520502d7622154cdaca7e.jpg
Yep - I'm a proud member of this club. :lecture :yess: :rock

Lol that batman cape. How did they manage to make it look like that? I was a kid during the best time to be a kid honestly, look at all that stuff. I'm a little young for CR though, but I was born in 1990 and it was like those guys were already "there." It's not like today where there are just superheroes out the ***. It used to feel like the guy who played WAS that guy. Still feel that way about CR, Keaton, and Tobey.

Agreed, I don't think they were poor sellers at all. Then again we don't really have any statistics or sales charts from them to see if this is true or not. I still think people overreact when they say "oh, there are tons of this figure available on the secondary market, must have sold poorly"

And I know some people have stated, "well, they haven't sold well here in *insert China/UK/Japan*" but here in the U.S. all the stores are sold out. They sold out from Sideshow, CSC, Toy Anxiety, Alterego, etc. etc. and in less than a year. Are we the main target for Hot Toys? No. But I think it should say something about the success of the sales.

The DX 09 Batman goes, for what, $300 to $360 on the secondary market? If places are so saturated with it, how come it goes for so much?

I think the reason the Returns stuff (and other licenses for that matter) have yet to be shown is because they're focusing all their efforts on this summer's blockbusters. It's been 21 years, I don't think a couple more months or a year is going to hurt interest.

I didnt think Jack sold badly. I just said I wonder of he sold as well as they had thought. But like you said its impossible to tell without the numbers.

As far as them selling badly overseas I never heard that. Is that true?

I always love those shots that show everything you get in the set.

Yeah, those are mu favorite shots too.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I am hoping that once the 89 batmobile is released that we will get an announcement and some progress pictures. I know that the figures will sell regardless as a lot of us grew up with the movies. I understand that Hot Toys wants to make the most of the current movies but I would like to see these soon.

I really just want the Returns suit Batman. I don't care too much about other characters. I still think a ripped off cowl with Keaton head sculpt would be awesome.

....I understand that Hot Toys wants to make the most of the current movies but I would like to see these soon.

I think we all agree there, but if I could get them to listen just one thing the fans and collectors are saying, it would be that...Whilst it's no bad thing - in a business sense - to pander to the commercially active sections of the market (Avengers, Iron Man etc), this should not be done at the expense of promises already made.

HT waited until '89 Batman and Joker was out for a while (and Batman himself was sold out) before starting DKR releases. Joker 2.0 still didn't even ship to everyone, so I doubt we'll hear anything about this line until Catwoman or the '89 Batmobile is sold out. Or if Arkham is next, they'll probably wait until that's finished before starting Returns. I don't think they want different Batman figure lines to overlap or even come close to each other.

Last edited:
I was confused when they said that time frame, because I never expected them to have competing Batman figures. I don't want to give myself false hope, so I've given up on this ever being released, I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled. Too bad, it would've been neat to have that suit, and have two representations of Catwoman. I know they didn't plan it, but I wanted a Shreck also. :lol

"The 1/6th and 1/4th scale collectible figures will be launched in late 2012"

:lol

Not a ****ing peep.

They'll probably pull a **** move like they usually do and release their 1/4 Keaton Batman around the time NECA's ships. Sort of like their little Terminator rivalry with Enterbay (and the Iron Man stuff with other, smaller companies).

I'm still waiting for those 1/4 Avengers figures they announced. Surely a 1/4 Iron Man is next, that's all they do anymore? :huh

Back