Hot Toys 1/6 The Suicide Squad King Shark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Shark GIF by The Suicide Squad

Sideshow took the shipping payment for him today.

Their heads up email three days ago had what must be their standard policy: "We expect the piece to ship within the next 10 business days."

The eta on the order page never changed: EXPECTED TO SHIP: JUL 2022 - SEP 2022

Nanaue's excessive weight isn't going to be an issue any more. I moved the various Suicide Squad related figures from their Detolf shelves into a new area. No longer any fear of King Shark crashing through the glass into the party below. :lol

(And more prime real estate for WWII figures. :yess: )

Sideshow's sending these from Hong Kong. The parcel was picked up there this morning, so it isn't one of those long waits for something to happen after final payment is taken.

I honestly despise video reviews. I know a lot of folks care about the stupid box, but jeez! Blah, blah, blah — filler filler filler. Need to make this boring ass video even longer. Yawn! Just get to the damn figure.

This will have been a very fast delivery. The original estimate was next Monday.

He was picked up in Hong Kong on Wednesday and already out for delivery today.

(Nanaue stopped over in Bahrain for less than an hour yesterday, so now he probably thinks he's a sand shark🦈).

Knowing how big he was didn't prepare me for exactly how big this figure is in hand!

Real feel shark skin and good paintwork. The lighter highlights really make him 'pop'.

Changeable hands are a necessary evil since there's no matching lighter shade anywhere on them to allow for the illusion of a seamless transition from the arms.

Would've been better if they'd managed to have the feet as part of the sculpt as well, because being jointed doesn't add anything apart from misaligned sculpting if you turn them.

He's still very impressive though.

100_3365.JPG
100_3366.JPG
100_3371.JPG
100_3372.JPG

100_3380.JPG
100_3383.JPG

100_3378.JPG

100_3379.JPG

The other option...

100_3377.JPG

Few more images I found on FB. He's a heavy figure!

424897-323415598-709443543916559-7195997147230577888-n.jpg

While the whole package including the brown shipper felt heavy, I didn't think the figure felt as heavy as expected.

I weighed him myself and he was actually only 1.697 kgs, not 1.897 kgs.

I weighed him twice to make sure. First using a book so he could stand completely on the scales. Total weight minus the weight of the book was 1697 grams.

Then with his feet perched on the edges as in the photo above: 1697 grams.

Either their scales are faulty, or mine are. But it's very strange that the difference is exactly 200 grams. :unsure:

Knowing how big he was didn't prepare me for exactly how big this figure is in hand!

Real feel shark skin and good paintwork. The lighter highlights really make him 'pop'.

Changeable hands are a necessary evil since there's no matching lighter shade anywhere on them to allow for the illusion of a seamless transition from the arms.

Would've been better if they'd managed to have the feet as part of the sculpt as well, because being jointed doesn't add anything apart from misaligned sculpting if you turn them.

He's still very impressive though.

View attachment 622212View attachment 622213View attachment 622214View attachment 622215

View attachment 622222View attachment 622224
View attachment 622218
View attachment 622220

The other option...

View attachment 622217
''So smart me, look so good on display i do''.............
King Shark Hand GIF by The Suicide Squad

Back