Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why can't Din continue with a different actor playing him? Pascal does nothing that another qualified actor couldn't do. At least half the show is already acted out with stunt guys. Use a similar voice and all problems are solved.

Ehhh. While I’m in no way attached to Pedro in this role. Him being replaced as Din Djarin, in this timeframe, is something I’d need to see happen on my tv before I even entertain that idea.

And I’m not saying it’s impossible or that you’re absolutely wrong. But I’m putting that idea in the same category with all the people who are adamant that they’re “erasing” the ST. I’ll cross those bridges when we get there.

It’s worth noting that the Pedro rumors were started by Grace Randolph, a film critic, who aside picking fights in the movie industry has made similar rumors in the past. While they could obviously be true, I’d personally wait for bigger sources to report them. Besides, Gina has only said nice things about him post firing and it’s not like she has anything to lose.

I don’t get the ‘babysitting’ complaint. Disney obviously wouldn’t want the show to be too mature as it’s the flagship series for their multi billion dollar streaming platform. And at its core Star Wars has always been a story about family

I do feel part of season three will be Din deciding where he fits in among the other groups of Mandalorians. Season finale is him vs Bo Katan, or the pair vs. Heavy/ and former coven members. With the Armorer possibly leaving the Coven for the group trying to reclaim Mandalore. Or none of it, whatever ultimately happens I hope it’s good.

It’s worth noting that the Pedro rumors were started by Grace Randolph, a film critic, who aside picking fights in the movie industry has made similar rumors in the past. While they could obviously be true, I’d personally wait for bigger sources to report them.
Yes, she is the one that started these rumors to sensationalize the delay of the Season 2 trailer.

She throws out her weird theories as rumors to create drama and grab viewers. Some of the things she said about the show were proven false when the show came out.

Pretty much everything else was refuted by actual reliable insiders with confirmed sources or people working for the show.

Pascal is not going anywhere.

Grace Randolph has no business being an "insider," how she has the following she does on social media is beyond me. She is always wrong and just throws crap at the wall and see if it sticks. James Gunn just shot her down the other day because she made up rumors about Bane.

Sorry, rant over.

Yes, she is the one that started these rumors to sensationalize the delay of the Season 2 trailer.

She throws out her weird theories as rumors to create drama and grab viewers. Some of the things she said about the show were proven false when the show came out.

Pretty much everything else was refuted by actual reliable insiders with confirmed sources or people working for the show.

Pascal is not going anywhere.

This isn't the Grace crap about the helmet though, the recent talk is about Pascal doing stuff with HBO and being unavailable to shoot.

This isn't the Grace crap about the helmet though, the recent talk is about Pascal doing stuff with HBO and being unavailable to shoot.
Just clarifying as some folks out there (not necessarily here) like to put past rumors with the new to create an image of dysfunction that does not appear to be true.

It seems like just the usual sort of speculation that his schedule for The Last of Us has impacted the production timeline for The Mandalorian.

But if they delayed filming of the series to accommodate him, then that further cements he’s not going anywhere.

Din Djarin is the most popular character since Anakin/Vader. They shouldn’t let him go in just three seasons. Five seasons and I am satisfied. Need some more character development and see the adventures! As long as it won’t involve the sequels.
More adventures = more episodes = sequels

Din Djarin is the most popular character since Anakin/Vader. They shouldn’t let him go in just three seasons. Five seasons and I am satisfied. Need some more character development and see the adventures! As long as it won’t involve the sequels.

If we dont go to Mandalore in season 3, perhaps we can go there in a standalone movie.

I just dont see how we can avoid going to Mandalore in season 3 tho. We end the series with the Razor Crest atomized and there Mando is on a ship with three other Mandos bound for their home planet, and Bo basically offered him a ride: "I'd have you reconsider.... " etc. What else has Mando got to do right now? His ship is gone, his foundling is gone. His reputation in the Guild has probably suffered some. He needs a breather for all these reasons.

I think Mando could easily be recast but if Pascal has got two consecutive neurons in his skull, he wont be giving up this role as long as Disney keeps it rolling.

I love Grogu but he is busy right now. Right?

Why can't Din continue with a different actor playing him? Pascal does nothing that another qualified actor couldn't do. At least half the show is already acted out with stunt guys. Use a similar voice and all problems are solved.
What sort of bs is this Turd ?? The whole story is now about Din and his decision to be a cult member or part of the larger Mandalorian culture. Din without a helmet was happening more and more. Hence Pascal is needed more and more.

Why would they then go and re-cast the main character who will be in the centre of the struggle for the Darksaber, and imagine how stupid it would be if Grogu unites with Din as another actor. :ROFLMAO:

Pedro Pascal has already been through one set of bs rumours. This must be round 2, if there's any truth to it at all.

Like Jayception says. I'll believe it when I see it. But I'd give it about a 0,005% chance at this point.

About 3 months out, so good point. Just feels like an October trailer for some reason.

Yeah, I was always assuming during an MNF game in October but with Hawkeye running concurrently with it and its trailer already have dropped last week, today would be a nice time to release it:lol

What sort of bs is this Turd ?? The whole story is now about Din and his decision to be a cult member or part of the larger Mandalorian culture. Din without a helmet was happening more and more. Hence Pascal is needed more and more.

Why would they then go and re-cast the main character who will be in the centre of the struggle for the Darksaber, and imagine how stupid it would be if Grogu unites with Din as another actor. :ROFLMAO:

Pedro Pascal has already been through one set of bs rumours. This must be round 2, if there's any truth to it at all.

Like Jayception says. I'll believe it when I see it. But I'd give it about a 0,005% chance at this point.

Din doesn't have to continue taking his helmet off. He only did it when he had to. He can easily continue with his original code. I'm not saying recasting him is ideal, but if it's down to stopping at 3 seasons or extending to 5 or 6 then they should definitely recast him because it is easy to do and he is very replaceable. 99.8% of the show you won't even know he is gone.

I'm stopped following that woman years ago when all the things she was saying turned out to be bs. She's Jenny Jones to me, lol

Din doesn't have to continue taking his helmet off. He only did it when he had to. He can easily continue with his original code. I'm not saying recasting him is ideal, but if it's down to stopping at 3 seasons or extending to 5 or 6 then they should definitely recast him because it is easy to do and he is very replaceable. 99.8% of the show you won't even know he is gone.
Sure he could continue with his code, but haven't you seen the increasing direction in the writing for him to take the helmet off ? Finding out he's in a sect, finding out others do take off their helmet, the whole monologue from Mayfield in the truck.

They don't spend that amount of time for him to just go back to where he was. That's no character arc.

Sure he could continue with his code, but haven't you seen the increasing direction in the writing for him to take the helmet off ? Finding out he's in a sect, finding out others do take off their helmet, the whole monologue from Mayfield in the truck.

They don't spend that amount of time for him to just go back to where he was. That's no character arc.

If anything it just shows how much he cared about Grogu and his commitment to keeping him safe. He broke his code only to accomplish that and now he can continue on.

If anything it just shows how much he cared about Grogu and his commitment to keeping him safe. He broke his code only to accomplish that and now he can continue on.
I never liked that he removed his helmet for us (the viewers) to see his face. I preferred the mystery behind the helmet theme, even if we knew what the actor actually looked like. For the scene where IG-11 heals him, they could have easily shown it from behind him or have IG-11 blocking the face, as he sprayed the bacta.

I never liked that he removed his helmet for us (the viewers) to see his face. I preferred the mystery behind the helmet theme, even if we knew what the actor actually looked like. For the scene where IG-11 heals him, they could have easily shown it from behind him or have IG-11 blocking the face, as he sprayed the bacta.

Yes, I think the only time his face should have been shown was during his farewell to Grogu. It would have been even more powerful and tear jerking than it already was and that is saying a lot.

Back