Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright.

Got my 3. Got 1 more on the way. So just 1 left and I'll have the whole unit? I believe there were five of them? Today was deleting stripes day. Tried to change up the weathering a little bit as well to differentiate them.
View attachment 617608

Looks great. Something Hot Toys should've done from the start, really.

I tried counting when I was trying to figure out how many I'd be happy with, but it's hard to say. We don't see the whole Death Watch squad together and they're tiny and flying around in the widest view of the battlefield which may not include the Mandos from the previous scenes.

It seems like there are more than 5; maybe implied to be more of them than it appears in general.

But 3+ figures is definitely more than enough to have an awesome display, especially with some stripe variety which I'd been planning to do as well.

DWM.png

Last edited:
Yeah does look like there's a few more kicking around somewhere there. I was also trying to count 'em up, but its hard to tell. The more close up ones were I think:

3 stripes- din djarin's rescuer
2 stripes- lands and blasts the SBD
1 stripe- gives 3 stripes the signal to take off
0 stripes- I believe there are 2. One near 1 stripe and 1 behind him.

Something like that lol Is there a breakdown anywhere of what the stripes even signify? I would assume it's rank. More stripes, more senior ranking?

I always assumed stripes like the military. Private, Corporal, Sgt or whatever the SW terms are for ranks.

Yeah thats what I was assuming as well. Then again it could always be a version of "Kill stripes" we haven't seen yet?

Maybe it's like the medals in I'm gunna git you sucka :lol

Yeah does look like there's a few more kicking around somewhere there. I was also trying to count 'em up, but its hard to tell. The more close up ones were I think:

3 stripes- din djarin's rescuer
2 stripes- lands and blasts the SBD
1 stripe- gives 3 stripes the signal to take off
0 stripes- I believe there are 2. One near 1 stripe and 1 behind him.

Something like that lol Is there a breakdown anywhere of what the stripes even signify? I would assume it's rank. More stripes, more senior ranking?

I like the clean look of the zero stripes a lot, even though they're in the background. We don't really get to see them all together in the show, but it's cool that it's something we can accomplish ourselves with these figures.

There has been nothing concrete about the ranks unfortunately. I also have assumed the same, even if we can't really say for sure. Could denote who can eat the most fruit pies for all we know but I think rank and seniority by number of stripes is the safest guess.

The animated Death Watch Mandos were similar, with the number of corner stripes correlating with rank.

open-uri20150608-27674-19bc6dc_72d1d10e.jpeg

Wish they would’ve done a live-action version of those instead of the “lazier” ones we got. Those Mando’s are what got me back in SW and more specifically, The Clone Wars, starting from season 2 when I first saw them in commercials. They looked so badass and militarized.

I’m starting to make a live-action version of Pre Vizsla just as a fun side project.

f6700ce5610f6c786d8ed5f5e8a22250.gif
e0eb5d597d458b964bff8cf5742ccbdb.png

349604-Young-Din-2.jpg

803d4320f495e44cf7a7f3de79d5e35f.gif
That'd be great, there are some 1/6 figure bodies out there.
s-l500.jpg

fddaaef01f625e4df6c71b644c8a7b91.gif

if customizing, not sure who you could start as a base?
Never looked up the actor before, apparently- Aidan Bertola

a685b4801cf7cf21d0b6fbfa81ed7642.jpg

Premiere+Q+Mandalorian+1qmaYYUvleMx.jpg

I actually think the 1998 1/6 Anakin figure would work just fine for young Din with a repaint. Especially if dressed with a hooded outfit. I’m thinking of getting one since they’re so cheap.
^Yeah, that’s the idea right there, Mondragon. I have no idea about the articulation either. I’ve got one on the way so we‘ll see. I’m guessing a full repaint of the sculpt will look even better and EvilFace could easily do the stencil for it.I have a friend who is a tailor and she might be willing to do a hood or even a full outfit for him.
We’ll never get anything like this from HT so just having a nice stand in for the Death Watch soldier to carry would be cool.
Curious if orphan Djarin from Hasbro Anakin figure ever worked out?

Last edited:
A great Irony of Mandalorians and their "armor" (which guards their life and identity) is apparently one of their own (Sabine) created a weapon so heinous, it was not only drawn specifically to target Beskar, it eviscerated any living thing in and around it, leaving the only thing of real "value", ...the Beskar.

Last edited:
A great Irony of Mandalorians and their "armor" (which guards their ilife and identity) is apparently one of their own (Sabine) created a weapon so heinous, it was not only drawn specifically to target Beskar, it eviscerated everything in and around it, leaving the only thing of real "value", ...the Beskar.
That weapon was absolutely mental seeing it in Rebels

I had it in my head to use Death Watch parts to kitbash an Animated style Fett, and I was finally able to put it all together….after a full custom one showed up on ebay and saved me a lot of painting work!

The blue parts of the actual Animated figure were always too bright for my tastes. This one blends in beautifully with my movie figures.

81FCB90A-CD8C-4621-B5CC-4EF6D4073CF9.jpeg

Looks great! Still a headscratcher why Hot Toys didn’t release the other ranks? I’m losing interest in army building these as the days go by:lol

Honestly, I can't see em doing it. Especially, with this guy still hanging around on sale. I took matters into my own hands. Made another 0 stripes in addition to these as well.
20230114_131007-01.jpeg

They share the same dents and stuff still, but eh. Good enough :lol

One of those questionnable decisions from Hot Toys when releasing troopers. Adding a couple thigh, shoulder and chest armor parts with rank and paint app variants to maximize sales would have likely prevented sitting stock.

Back