Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The great big, little bitty DWM review:

DWM showed uP unexpectedly on Monday night, but has only just now been unboxed. This is the best kind of HT fix: he falls out of the box ready to go, basically and every last part of this rehashed design is perfect. He is a delight to view. He isnt fussy, not hard to pose, does not have fragile armor. He is just delightful. I almost want a squad of these guys... If only I had the room.

The stand: this flight stand is just HT being a b!tch. I am sorry, it is! They could easily make it so that a third-party generic upright snaps into that slot, but they didnt. This is just plain b!tchy behavior. For the money we pay, include a basic upright piece. People have been making this request for literally years.

Right now the figure is on SSC Mythos Boba's stand, and I must say he looks great on it. I am modifying the enclosed stand and waiting for the epoxy to dry overnight. I know HT thinks they can dictate how we display these figures, but surprise.... They cant.

You have seen many lovely pix from people who take far better pix than mine, so i wont bore you with mine. In closing, get DWM or.... be sorry later. Oya, ner vod!
Totally agree with the stands.

One normal pole for normal standing poses is all they need to add. 501st, Mando Deluxe and countless others......

Preach it @Ramatuelle !!

Congrats! And I agree with you (and everyone else) on the flight stands... these should also include the standard grabber post for non flight posing. Please Hot Toys!

I'd be interested to see how you modded the stand too.

I ended up spending the extra bucks on a HT Kylo stand and it still didn't fit and had to sand it down to get it to plug in, which worked fine once I did. I learned it's the older rounded posts that fit. 🤨 It's all good now.

Last edited:
I'll post a pic of the stand tomorrow, I didnt do anything that special. I did try, but there were phillips-head screws on the underside of the flight stand hub that I could not get out, no matter how I tried.

I keep going back to the cabinet and looking at this guy again. He's just absolutely a Unit. I didnt preorder right off the bat, I thought about it for a while - but I'm so glad I did. IMO if you are interested in Mandalorians he's not to be missed. I'm super pleased with mine.

EDIT: Can I say MAGNETIZED. JET. PACK. Magnetized jet packs errywhere, please and tyvm

Last edited:
Preach it @Ramatuelle !!

Congrats! And I agree with you (and everyone else) on the flight stands... these should also include the standard grabber post for non flight posing. Please Hot Toys!

I'd be interested to see how you modded the stand too.

I ended up spending the extra bucks on a HT Kylo stand and it still didn't fit and had to sand it down to get it to plug in, which worked fine once I did. I learned it's the older rounded posts that fit. 🤨 It's all good now.
I actually bought a few of those no name black stands with rounded poles a while back on eBay. They are good for figures that come with huge bases which take up too much room, or for customs or for this purpose of stealing the crotch grabber.

So I guess that's a relatively cheap alternative.

I actually bought a few of those no name black stands with rounded poles a while back on eBay. They are good for figures that come with huge bases which take up too much room, or for customs or for this purpose of stealing the crotch grabber.

So I guess that's a relatively cheap alternative.
Thanks Hoody999 that's a good idea to stock up! 👍

stand.jpg

Ground off plug-in at the bottom of generic upright, since it was both too long and too wide to fit the stand. Oval imprint was the perfect size.

Clipped length of coat-hanger and bent it into a U, then placed inside as a brace running between stand and upright for added glue strength. Epoxied the hell out of it, and here we are today. I did use a bit too much epoxy, but especially with the figure in place, this is not noticeable. I was raised No Visible Glue Ever!! so I do feel bad about that.

But DW is back on his own stand with nameplate, so it turned out okay. We should not have to do stuff like that, tho.

You know what can work for hobby shots? Christmas tree lights, especially led ones. Nice soft ambient lighting, and strands come in just about all colors these days. Mix and match at will.

Removing the fat suit may help but i don't think you'd get significantly more range of movement.

Yes. I paid US $183 for this figure and that was the full price here (buy 5 SW figs in a year and you then get 8-10% off any further SW figs, I now have membership).
Nice! If I lived there I’d earn that 10% discount after two visits lol. Wish HT had their own site for selling their products.

Is SW popular in HK? Heard a lot about SW not selling good in China, wonder if it’s the same story in HK.

Back