Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
 Vance is a “fan favorite” guest star on a TV series. I may pick it up if SS starts letting folks use discount codes on preorders again or I’ll wait until it’s released and they offer 10% off.
WtGV1yf.jpg

Well, you can see how much attention I paid to the character. $200 for a figure? Sure. $300? Who is that again?

I think he's pretty memorable as a character. Timothy Olyphant being the definitive modern cowboy actor helps a lot of course. I do get your point though. $300 is steep for a side character. Especially, as deep as the mando line seems to be going.

It's tough to pay main character prices on essentially companion pieces.

I wonder if part of the reason this is more is because they’re kind of cheating it as a “Boba Fett” variant. Even though it’s really not it’s still his armor and some may feel compelled to get it for that reason.

Prices have gone up, but look at a couple other characters who recently went up for pre-order like Grand Inquisitor and Reva who were both $260.

Maybe they need to price a bit lower for Inquisitors just because they were lame.

This is Timothy Olyphant as space Raylan in Boba Fetts armour from the best thing to happen in Star Wars for a generation. Plus he kind of concludes the Mando main players unless Greef Carga is due a figure. We know Cara Dune isn’t.

HT just thinking
1664407167715.gif

Well the Mando main players for now.. we’ll see who’s introduced in season three and beyond.

I don’t think Hot Toys takes a lot of popularity perception into account when pricing figures. They probably just are less likely to make less popular characters.

Maybe they need to price a bit lower for Inquisitors just because they were lame.

If they priced on lameness, most figures they release would be very cheap indeed.

This is Timothy Olyphant as space Raylan in Boba Fetts armour from the best thing to happen in Star Wars for a generation.

Are you one of those guys who can't wait for the cast of Yellowstone to wind up in a Star Wars episode?

Kevin Kostner as a wayward Jedi who won't take **** from the Empire.

If they priced on lameness, most figures they release would be very cheap indeed.

Are you one of those guys who can't wait for the cast of Yellowstone to wind up in a Star Wars episode?

Kevin Kostner as a wayward Jedi who won't take **** from the Empire.
I don’t know what Yellowstone is.
But I do love Justified and Timothy Olyphant so I look forward to seeing him anywhere- especially on my shelf dressed as Boba Fett.

I don’t know how the inner workings for these things go. But with how long they took to debut this figure, I’m gonna say it’s because Danny Cordray’s headsculpt wasn’t cheap and that’s what the premium price is being paid for.

oh wow that’s pretty huge news. was safe to assume you could remove it but was no telling if the shirt underneath would look any good without it.

nice to have this mystery resolved now rather than 2 years from now.

I've noticed that too. I think that there are also a lot of speculators that have seen a number of figures go up in resale value, after some time, and they believe that they can stay in the hobby by flipping some of these.

I've said it before, but there comes a price-point where I would rather put the money into something else, if not just save it. I think that Hot Toys has reached that point.
This is the first Star Wars figure In a very long time I won't pre order in hopes of getting cheaper on ebay after release

This is the first Star Wars figure In a very long time I won't pre order in hopes of getting cheaper on ebay after release
Not very familiar with the Star Wars market in the US. But usually they don't get cheaper like the other Hot Toys here in Asia, unless we have a "Mando" situation. Star Wars figures only goes up...crazy high, they never go cheaper after release

I have to say he looks great without the armor. Better than I expected and good to know it's removable.

For some reason I have a feeling this will be a Yondu situation, where a lot of people will sleep on it now only to want it when it comes out being stellar.

Back