Hot Toys 1/6 PS4 Spider-Man Spider Armor - MK IV Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing.

Anyone thinks this is gonna sit around for a bit and dip below retail?

Maybe. I think Hot Toys should?ve held off on the classic suit version for a few months as this suit is similar and I think many will be satisfied with just the classic suit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. I think Hot Toys should?ve held off on the classic suit version for a few months as this suit is similar and I think many will be satisfied with just the classic suit...

Yeah I agree...kind of a dumb move on HT's part since this will likely cannibalize sales, but they've been full of dumb decisions lately.

Yeah I agree...kind of a dumb move on HT's part since this will likely cannibalize sales, but they've been full of dumb decisions lately.

IDK, this thing's been up for pre-order for 6 months now. If people haven't ordered this by now it's because they were waiting for the classic suit, so it's unlikely they'd suddenly decide this one was close enough. Especially given that HT has shown the classic suit prototype at virtual shows.

Maybe HT is counting on completist mentality. Isn?t there an equivalent to the Hall of Armour for all the game suits?

I only want the Classic but I don?t play the game so maybe I?m not the core audience they?re aiming at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDK, this thing's been up for pre-order for 6 months now. If people haven't ordered this by now it's because they were waiting for the classic suit, so it's unlikely they'd suddenly decide this one was close enough. Especially given that HT has shown the classic suit prototype at virtual shows.

Maybe HT is counting on completist mentality. Isn?t there an equivalent to the Hall of Armour for all the game suits?

I only want the Classic but I don?t play the game so maybe I?m not the core audience they?re aiming at.

I dunno...you both are probably right, but I feel like there's bound to be people who pre-ordered the Mk IV who probably canceled or switched their pre-orders to the Classic Suit once that became available.

I plan on picking the Mk IV up, but only at a discount. It's not worth what SS is asking and I feel like with the Classic Suit now in pre-order phrase the Mk IV will probably sit around on the shelves for a bit which makes it prime for discounting.

I dunno...you both are probably right, but I feel like there's bound to be people who pre-ordered the Mk IV who probably canceled or switched their pre-orders to the Classic Suit once that became available.

I plan on picking the Mk IV up, but only at a discount. It's not worth what SS is asking and I feel like with the Classic Suit now in pre-order phrase the Mk IV will probably sit around on the shelves for a bit which makes it prime for discounting.

Guess it depends on how many they make. Hot property, main character -- I should think quite a few, but who knows.

this figure is probably going to wind up being one of those figures that gets a smaller run due to the similarity to the classic suit. Probably why it came out ahead of schedule.

0488C3A4-557A-4FE4-8F89-26D8E316BDAB.jpeg
55DAB0CF-9548-41D2-AA52-6CD28BC8C796.jpeg

Dang it people, stopping posting photos of this! I've resisted so far but it's been nearly a week since I PO'ed something so temptation is coming back! And Jye, it's a close race between this and the classic. I've been telling myself I don't need this because the classic looks similar. Now I'm not so sure I can live without either...

I just couldn’t resist the absolutely gorgeous shine and luscious deep red on him he just pops off a shelf like no other Spiderman can because if it wasn’t for the gold legs on the IS it would not pop like the IV does.

The classic has some glaring issues that needs to be resolved before I dump $300 on him

Last edited:
I don't have it on order, but will be getting it from SS. I would guess they should be getting it very soon. Within a week or 2.

Back