Hot Toys 1/6 PS4 Spider-Man Spider Armor - MK IV Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it!

I found the suit more restrictive on this Spider-Man than the regular advance suit, but I was still able to pull off some decent poses. Be careful with the spider on the chest, mine started peeling off. Hot Toys and ****** glue, name a more iconic duo.
The suit also wrinkles really noticeably near the neck on mine. You really have to mess with it to get it looking good.
Oh wow, sounds like this suit is even more fragile than the MCU Iron Spidey suit?

I'm not much of a dynamic poser with figures that have creaseable material, but good to know to be extra careful. Thanks for the head's up.

Oh wow, sounds like this suit is even more fragile than the MCU Iron Spidey suit?

I'm not much of a dynamic poser with figures that have creaseable material, but good to know to be extra careful. Thanks for the head's up.
I wouldn't call it fragile, it's more like the material is stronger than the joints are. He can't really move his arms forward without the suit wanting to bring them back down. It's not a thin material, it feels girthy.

I wouldn't call it fragile, it's more like the material is stronger than the joints are. He can't really move his arms forward without the suit wanting to bring them back down. It's not a thin material, it feels girthy.
Ah okay, now you're speaking my language!

Got this bad boy on Friday, but finally just around to opening him up now and wow! What a figure. The colors are so vibrant and the suit material is surprisingly a great choice! I was expecting it to be that plastic-y, vinyl type of material they used with the MCU Iron Spider, but it's actually fabric you can crease and bend!

That styrofoam light stand is an absolute joke, but it gets the job done I guess since I don't have a black light...cheapness gripes aside, lemme tell you this figure looks SICK when it's lit up! Wow, it's dope!

Gotta say, wasn't really expecting to be as blown away by this under-the-radar figure as I have, but I'm really glad to add it to the collection. Now some cellphone photos.

spidey 1.jpg

spidey 2.jpg

spidey 3.jpg

spidey 4.jpg

spidey 5.jpg

spidey 6.jpg

spidey 7.jpg

Got this bad boy on Friday, but finally just around to opening him up now and wow! What a figure. The colors are so vibrant and the suit material is surprisingly a great choice! I was expecting it to be that plastic-y, vinyl type of material they used with the MCU Iron Spider, but it's actually fabric you can crease and bend!

That styrofoam light stand is an absolute joke, but it gets the job done I guess since I don't have a black light...cheapness gripes aside, lemme tell you this figure looks SICK when it's lit up! Wow, it's dope!

Gotta say, wasn't really expecting to be as blown away by this under-the-radar figure as I have, but I'm really glad to add it to the collection. Now some cellphone photos.
Completely agree; the metallic finish looks really amazing & eye-catching in person that I have a feeling this is gonna be my fav spidey suit in the display, even when the classic suit gets released eventually. An "unsellable" figure in my collection :cool:

First impressions:

- good! body shape and proportions are great! very "comic book Spidey" like.
- color saturation is great!
- it's... shiny! Maybe too shiny...
- the main eyes, I don't like them... so I changed them with the "second" ones. I really like the second ones.
- I am getting a very strong Ditko vibe now...
- eyes are too blue-ish, maybe I try and find the eyes from the advanced suit. They should fit.
- I am worried about the suit material, it may crease.
- The UV effect is cool, but not incredible. A nice feature to have though, and it somewhat justifies the suit being that shiny.

I believe this is worth it! I got lucky with the deal, if you guys are hesitating, and find a good deal... go for it!

1689799469158.png

1689799515441.png

How has this figure held up - any issues with the material?
How does it stack up compared to other more classic colour Spidey figures?

How has this figure held up - any issues with the material?
How does it stack up compared to other more classic colour Spidey figures?
I love mine. It's a good mix of a more modern classic style suit with the classic look, but pops more than the regular classic suit which looks dull in comparison in my opinion. Also no raised web lines on the headsculpt is a big plus.

I love mine. It's a good mix of a more modern classic style suit with the classic look, but pops more than the regular classic suit which looks dull in comparison in my opinion. Also no raised web lines on the headsculpt is a big plus.
Thanks for the response mate, yeah - you've nailed the things I like about this suit, really love the modern-classic look and the really vivid colours.
Practically speaking - does the suit hold up? Does the material peel or stick or degrade? How poseable is it?

Thanks for the response mate, yeah - you've nailed the things I like about this suit, really love the modern-classic look and the really vivid colours.
Practically speaking - does the suit hold up? Does the material peel or stick or degrade? How poseable is it?
The suit material is fine on mine. But my figs are mostly in a one and done pose, nothing to extreme. Can't really help you on that one.

Back