Hot Toys 1/6 Paz Vizsla figure (Heavy Infantry Mandalorian 2.0)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disagree with this personally. Hot Toys aren’t numbered and most aren’t labeled as limited. It’s their prerogative as a company to decide what they want to re-release.

Doesn’t mean I always like when they do so but collectors who get up in arms because they chose to overpay for a release are kind of silly.
Well it doesn't have to be numbered or limited, just let people know what to expect in the future. They actually kinda already have this with the Toysfair exclusives, those never really get reissued only 2.0s. They can just implement that system into their normal lines

Me personally I don't get upset if I ever overpay for anything because I wanted it at that specific time, plus I always ending up getting both version the new and old anyways. But I also understand how releases like these take away the collecting experience from a lot of people

Well it doesn't have to be numbered or limited, just let people know what to expect in the future. They actually kinda already have this with the Toysfair exclusives, those never really get reissued only 2.0s. They can just implement that system into their normal lines

Me personally I don't get upset if I ever overpay for anything because I wanted it at that specific time, plus I always ending up getting both version the new and old anyways. But I also understand how releases like these take away the collecting experience from a lot of people
They probably don’t always know they’re going to reissue things though. It’s the market that dictates a lot of that. If people are paying a lot for a certain figure and they see that they’re leaving money on the table not having it available.

So just the frisbee, huh? Naw...fine w/ v1

HEAVY MANDO 014.jpg

I don’t need the New Heavy Mandalorian (Paz Vizla) when I made a energy shield long ago.
3D12909E-885C-4B17-BF7A-DE255EDBB424.jpeg

Attachments

• B4C60856-7F87-4F08-9FA4-CA29DB5A3A97.jpeg
    B4C60856-7F87-4F08-9FA4-CA29DB5A3A97.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • ACEB27F7-9A70-4E5F-91AE-F292FDC887C2.jpeg
    ACEB27F7-9A70-4E5F-91AE-F292FDC887C2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 3E1A4FA3-A405-4B5E-9B4D-0705A4119357.jpeg
    3E1A4FA3-A405-4B5E-9B4D-0705A4119357.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Man, i'm all for it.

The more figures they save development and production costs on the more healthy their business is, and the more healthy it is the more we get and the longer they're around. Plenty of figures i still want to see someday.

Added bonus is that it's a minute for me to save money and the people who want one no longer have to pay aftermarket prices.

1000% wish we had one of the many, many new mandos we're going to see this season instead though. The fear of the onslaught of those is what makes me glad there's something i don't want... Cus i'm pretty sure i'll be buying whatever they throw at me.

Yep, that’s Paz alright.

1F42F988-8DAC-45CA-B146-176691E4E2DF.jpeg

Glad for those that don’t have him. He’s a great figure. And has a bigger part in Season 3 it seems like.

It’s a lazy reissue but not surprising; the original had a smaller run and Mandos sell.

But they should’ve announced him with something new. Ah well. We’ve got a lot of figures coming this year.

Yep, that’s Paz alright.

View attachment 625626

Glad for those that don’t have him. He’s a great figure. And has a bigger part in Season 3 it seems like.

It’s a lazy reissue but not surprising; the original had a smaller run and Mandos sell.

But they should’ve announced him with something new. Ah well. We’ve got a lot of figures coming this year.
That shield is so cute! Its so tiny and adorable, like if two adult sized shields had a baby. :)

Seriously though, Frodo would turn down a trip to mount doom if he was given that shield.

That shield is so cute! Its so tiny and adorable, like if two adult sized shields had a baby. :)

Seriously though, Frodo would turn down a trip to mount doom if he was given that shield.

It’s a good callback to the shields used in TCW, but yeah it is pretty small. :lol

In universe, I would guess it takes a lot of energy to project a shield that can deflect blaster bolts and the emitter is in a gauntlet so it can’t be any bigger than it is.

451791CC-2633-48CE-B4C7-7044D5B967EF.jpeg

I still say it looks like a frisbee. He'll be all set to hit the beach with the Armorer once she gets that beskar bikini welded together! :D

It’s bizarre that the Armorer didn’t sell out. Imo the best design and side character (equal with Cobb Vanth) in the show. Plus she’s our First lady Mando figure. I bet that figure will soon sell out in season 3 when people see how big her role is. Anyone waiting on a 2.0 of that figure might be best advised to pull the trigger on her now while they still can, as unless there’s some big costume change or a face reveal then I can’t see them doing another any time soon. She has the potential to be one of those slow-selling figures that goes for big money later on when finally sold out.
It really plagues me as well for the same reasons, she has so much mystique and an excellent character design. I don’t think she was a misfire from Hot Toys at all, collector’s are a strange beast (I obviously am one myself lol).

It’s a good callback to the shields used in TCW, but yeah it is pretty small. :lol

In universe, I would guess it takes a lot of energy to project a shield that can deflect blaster bolts and the emitter is in a gauntlet so it can’t be any bigger than it is.

View attachment 625828
I know this is a dumb idea but why not just have mirror finished armor / reflective paint instrad? Same for the ships for that matter?

Back