Hot Toys 1/6 Nevarro Imperial Safehouse Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's gotta be tough being stuck with merch nobody is buying. HASBRO was more polite but said pretty much the same.

Heck, I stopped at Rey #1 and Kylo #1; couldn't even get myself to get Finn at bargain price.
I actually never bought anything from TFA except a couple of SHF duck-troopers, and sold them as soon as the aftertaste set in. I'm just surprised the famously uncommunicative Howard was so forthright.

..... But is he wrong, though? Nope. His remarks about how Kuill would have been treated in a film are 110% correct.

True.

All this makes me wonder; if this actually happens, and I think there's a high probability that it will given how deep they are going into this line, perhaps we will see MORE dios? Imagine a Sarlacc Escape dio. Now there's a though to conjure with. Razor Crest interior dio? If this one here does well, they might go completely nuts.

I think dio sales would have to be nuts for them to start cranking them out. Seems like a risky move. Although that doorway -- simple as it is -- looks sweet and immediately elevates the look of that Remnant trooper.

The only way I could see these being feasible is if they release a very "assembly required" kind of way.

The mando connection helps for sure, but I think there's a lot to work out in terms of feasible cost for both production and purchaser.

This second picture seems to show what looks very much like the reg Trooper (behind the Remnant Trooper) that appeared in the Boba Fett Dlx Set, Tython Stormtrooper Commander and Armorer promo pics? Wonder If its the same figure, would need to see the chest armor to be sure. This figure has been repeatedly used as a prop... it's basically a lightly weathered RO trooper variant? (no, not that kinda variant ;P)

This second picture seems to show what looks very much like the reg Trooper (behind the Remnant Trooper) that appeared in the Boba Fett Dlx Set, Tython Stormtrooper Commander and Armorer promo pics? Wonder If its the same figure, would need to see the chest armor to be sure. This figure has been repeatedly used as a prop... it's basically a lightly weathered RO trooper variant? (no, not that kinda variant ;P)
The weathering creating a "5 o'clock shadow" on the 'jaw' of the helmet makes me think they just used one of the RO Jedha Patrol (cream pauldron) stormtroopers as an extra, but that's a reach. It could really be any number of RO variants or some other proto ...

The only way I could see these being feasible is if they release a very "assembly required" kind of way.

The mando connection helps for sure, but I think there's a lot to work out in terms of feasible cost for both production and purchaser.
I agree. I don't think diorama pieces this big must necessarily be awfully expensive, nor expensive to ship.
I guess resin (the highest resolution plastic there is) cannot be rotocasted (can it?), but good ol' PVC can, and it might convey enough level of detail. Hollow, well-painted, disassembled parts made of PVC, with just enough theft to be stable enough, combined with budget-conscious packaging, might keep the piece....... "affordable".

I saw this and thought..."if only they'd do the ANH version with 3PO hiding with R2" then realised neither are gonna get released so it doesn't matter.

If Howard says it’s personal about Luke he better go all out for Mando Luke set. I want crushed Darktroopers he can levitate on a clear pole and another he can stand on triumphantly waiting to fling across the room into an intact Darktrooper. Make the trampled Darktrooper base have flickering red eyes.

A cruiser hallway dio would be amazing as well.

If Howard says it’s personal about Luke he better go all out for Mando Luke set. I want crushed Darktroopers he can levitate on a clear pole and another he can stand on triumphantly waiting to fling across the room into an intact Darktrooper. Make the trampled Darktrooper base have flickering red eyes.
Mando Luke should be the next DX, a true DX, not Mando Ahsoka stlye DX.

A cruiser hallway dio would be amazing as well.

I was really hoping the Darktroopers would have some broken pieces included with them, but yeah I definitely want Luke to come with a bunch of sliced up parts, hopefully things that can be replaced on the Darktroopers and not just lay on the ground like the Battle Droid parts.

Yes! Mando Luke is top of the list! It's time for another proper DX Luke. So bummed I missed the first one.

Jesting aside, I have no idea if they'll make this safehouse dio, but I would really like to integrate some interesting dio pieces with usb lightup features into the collection. How much do you think the SH dio would cost? It looks like it could be split in two sections? The left wall portion and the entrance.

I agree! If they offer different themed doorways, walls, hallways, bulkheads, control panels and bases built out as modular dio displays that would be awesome. Look at the Jazzinc displays... wow! And I'm not even saying they have to be that elaborate to be viable.

I ordered a couple of the Jazzinc moisture vaporators and it got me thinking about this thing again. I can only assume it will never happen but I might try to make something similar as it's not terribly complex.

Also FYI, Joost put a warning out that he is going to raise prices across the board on October 1st so if there is something you want from him I would order it before end of tomorrow. All orders placed beforehand are grandfathered in.

I would love to display my recent and growing collection with a diorama.
I've signed up for the Nevarro set updates with Sideshow when they first announced it.
What are the chances this will actually make it into production?

I would love to display my recent and growing collection with a diorama.
I've signed up for the Nevarro set updates with Sideshow when they first announced it.
What are the chances this will actually make it into production?
Not a chance.

0 to None.

Not a chance.
odds.jpg

Back