Hot Toys - 1/6 Iron Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"This somehow doesn't look nearly as cool as it did in the concept art. That one guy who did a custom version of this figure did a way better job than Hot Toys did but I guess that's to be expected nowadays."

this one?

Attachments

• 95328218_1545334875623227_1434946314440802304_n.jpg
    95328218_1545334875623227_1434946314440802304_n.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 119
Every candy apple red version of this suit looks way worse than it needs to, would have been a good time to adjust the color and fix the legs but HT is married to that shade of red

KWKhw75.jpg

I'll buy the nano weapons parted out but that's about it.

Yes, the array and the clear piece for attaching it to his back would be great for the Mark 50, but HT probably designed it in such a way that it's only compatible with this version. Unless it attaches to the pole instead of his back. Have we seen a view from behind?

Yes, the array and the clear piece for attaching it to his back would be great for the Mark 50, but HT probably designed it in such a way that it's only compatible with this version. Unless it attaches to the pole instead of his back. Have we seen a view from behind?
I'm assuming it was attached to the pole given how the weapons are positioned relative to the figure.

I'm assuming it was attached to the pole given how the weapons are positioned relative to the figure.
Hopefully that's the case. If so maybe they'll throw us a bone and offer the array and arm cannon attachments as Accessory Set #2 for our Mark 50s. If so, no doubt it would be for the low, low price of $199.99 or something even more ridiculous. :slap

I'd just like to have the orange portal piece that sits on the stand. Hot Toys like to drop cool accessories on not so cool figures.

Every candy apple red version of this suit looks way worse than it needs to, would have been a good time to adjust the color and fix the legs but HT is married to that shade of red

KWKhw75.jpg
Wow, what an improvement...makes you wonder why HT was so blatantly lazy...ugh.

"This somehow doesn't look nearly as cool as it did in the concept art. That one guy who did a custom version of this figure did a way better job than Hot Toys did but I guess that's to be expected nowadays."

this one?
Yup that one, the guy who did this custom did a fantastic job on it and is almost 1:1 with the concept art.

I feel like this could've been cool if they had tweaked the suit's colors. I know it's based on concept art, but that bright red is just... not strange :lol That custom looks infinitely better!

I have held my tongue on Hot Toys' practices over the years, but I have finally broken. This is a disgrace.

I get it - Hot Toys must be doing this since people have clearly been padding their bottom lines buying this stuff. But man, I've been buying Hot Toys since like MMS05 and it gets harder and harder to get excited about their line up. Feels like nothing but re-issues and variants at this point. Remember when people thought the Iron Man train would be dead after End Game when Tony died? Hot Toys definitely proved them wrong rofl.

Imagine if this releases before the Battle Damaged Endgame Iron Man.

It *probably* won't, but I also equally would not put it past Hot Toys. Not at all.

I get it - Hot Toys must be doing this since people have clearly been padding their bottom lines buying this stuff. But man, I've been buying Hot Toys since like MMS05 and it gets harder and harder to get excited about their line up. Feels like nothing but re-issues and variants at this point. Remember when people thought the Iron Man train would be dead after End Game when Tony died? Hot Toys definitely proved them wrong rofl.

And we still have Armor Wars coming with alll those suits and varients that HT will make.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that questions the logic behind this.

It'd be cooler if we knew that Hot Toys wasn't gaga over everything Iron Man.

Back