Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree though Harbors rendition is the closest we’ve got to the actual comics ever put to film….sadly I also agree this will probably be the last time we will see HB on the silver screen, which is truly sad because there is a plethora of incredible stories that haven’t been told that are all worthy of the opportunity.

del Toro's version was my entry into Hellboy, and got me into the comics and novels. Only then did I realise that del Toro had taken so many liberties and made Hellboy and his world his own rather than Mignola's.

Marshall's version, while too densely compacted with multiple storylines, was a lot closer to the comics. It's a virtual love letter to Mignola in many regards. With more backing and less interference the film could've been unpacked and extended into a series.

Yeah he is only doing short stories for Hellboy and the B.P.R.D which is fine but I want him to try and keep the IP alive or even just go on hiatus and take a break.
He should just let it rest. He screwed up the ending so people just don't care anymore. His best bet is jumping on the animation bandwagon. Otherwise the IP is more or less done as there's nowhere to go now. The sell was always his art and atmosphere.

He should just let it rest. He screwed up the ending so people just don't care anymore. His best bet is jumping on the animation bandwagon. Otherwise the IP is more or less done as there's nowhere to go now. The sell was always his art and atmosphere.
I disagree Hellboy is still popular and ongoing though his story is over, Mignola can continue jumping back to his early life and spin offs that continues that world. I would be happy with a live action show or animated series similar to what Netflix did with castlevania. But we'll see with time what happens I'm just glad he still makes short stories my favorite from the most recent where "Long night at Goloski station" and "Her fatal hour" they can really work well as a series.

Also found this art of Hellboy that shows what he would look like more comic accurate. I think this look would be the beat if they ever did a live action show/movie again. I'm actually planning to have my Hellboy sculpt to get rooted hair in this style so I can see what David's Hellboy what have been if they went more comic accurate hairstyle. Lol
FB_IMG_1613107184575.jpg

I disagree Hellboy is still popular and ongoing though his story is over, Mignola can continue jumping back to his early life and spin offs that continues that world. I would be happy with a live action show or animated series similar to what Netflix did with castlevania. But we'll see with time what happens I'm just glad he still makes short stories my favorite from the most recent where "Long night at Goloski station" and "Her fatal hour" they can really work well as a series.
Eh, I think that boat's sailed. The conclusion was unsatisfactory. It can still sell the odd one-sht/mini, but it'll never be what it was again.

Although I’d love to see someone tackle and make a true 1/6 scale comic version of HB cloven feet and all - I mean I have 2 of the 18” Mezcos (which are beautiful to look at) but a real 1/6 scale figure with articulation. It definitely seems to be something that would be in Mondo’s wheelhouse if anyone were to do it as a licensed figure. As to HB in film, I honestly think he’s too popular of a character to just sit on a shelf. It might not be within the next few years but 10yrs from now when people aren’t judging the Marshall HB so harshly we will get another version.
9CCF640F-B7E6-430D-829F-39116EF5E5DA.jpeg

Although I’d love to see someone tackle and make a true 1/6 scale comic version of HB cloven feet and all - I mean I have 2 of the 18” Mezcos (which are beautiful to look at) but a real 1/6 scale figure with articulation. It definitely seems to be something that would be in Mondo’s wheelhouse if anyone were to do it as a licensed figure. As to HB in film, I honestly think he’s too popular of a character to just sit on a shelf. It might not be within the next few years but 10yrs from now when people aren’t judging the Marshall HB so harshly we will get another version. View attachment 531926
I agree I was think Mondo could definitely give us a Comic Hellboy in 1/6th the only real material he should have on him is the shorts the coat, and maybe the boot sleeves with his hooves. Maybe the belt but they can get away with making that just soft pvc but with real rosary and horseshoe of course. Lol the articulation could also take cues from the 1000toys Hellboy in terms of body. He could also come with a B.P.R.D shirt and a bunch of talismans and swords from the comics. Exclusive could have an anug un rama head with horns and maybe Excalibur in stone removable of course.

That throne is dope! Great shots, sir. I got my Hellboy a couple months ago and have only photographed him twice. It's weird: he's magnificent, but I still kinda prefer the Mezco figure aside from the pants, which look much better on the HT figure. I'll probably trade my HT Hellboy.

Look great! Love this figure, I actually picked up 2. BTW the use of the Death Dealer Throne for him is fantastic!
I’m glad I bought this throne, it has come in handy for many photo opportunities! And I’m surprised the articulation on Hellboy actually lets him sit down, with only the tail being in the way but since it’s bendy it’s not that bad.

I was able to find this figure for near retail last week. I've been on the fence about this one for a long time, but after watching the movie again recently and reading some Hellboy comics I decided to pull the trigger.

And boy, am I glad I did. This figure is freaking awesome! You can tell that HT really put their best into this one. I received him last tuesday and I can't stop looking at the figure. And everytime I look at it I'm thoroughly impressed. I feel like I did when I just started collecting HT figures 12 year ago and I was awed by every detail and accessory. This is a complete release in my opinion. If it had rolling eyeballs it would definitely be worthy of being called a DX. There are so many options for posing, outfit looks and accessories. Truly a gem among HT and one of the best figures I own.
20230318_115333.jpg
20230318_115411.jpg
20230318_115426.jpg
20230318_121629.jpg
20230318_121659.jpg

Back