Hot Toys 1/6 figure Black Adam (Deluxe) + Golden Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No interest in this but it seems like it could have easily been one figure. Swap out golden armor peices and boots. Instead of "specialized fabric" use a swap out magnetic plastic thunderbolt chestpiece. But it's just HT squeezing everything they can out of another license. I will say the sculpts look great though.
As far as the movie is concerned I actually feel bad for diehard fans because this just feels like a big egofest for him. There's actual stipulations in his contract stating he gets most of the screen time and in fight scenes his character can't take a lot of hits. Hopefully he realizes the DCEU is more than just one character if he sticks with the role long enough to square off with Shazam and Superman.

Yep, comes down to the character and just how much you want it. Your average-upon-average figures are going for $285 minimum. "Troops" for troop-building purposes and figures that Hot Toys are scared won't sell so well are the only ones now that go below that.

I'm telling you folks - compose your exit strategy out of these 1/6 collectibles. Prices will continue upward. If you're affluent and got it like that...more power to you.

The prices have been getting ridiculous. This trend has caused my pre order list to be almost non existent. I'm super selective now. I must really want the figure now in order to pre order.

Probably has more to do with it being Black Adam but also The Rock playing him, meaning we're not getting Black Adam, we're just getting the Rock in a skin tight suit for 2 hours. Really wish they had gone with another actor. The dude is charismatic as hell but good lord can he not play anything but himself in every movie that he has ever done.

Even this figure, as great as it looks, all I see is a 1/6 Rock figure. Give him the hair, an accent or even the ears. I feel like he just went on stage at WWE with this outfit.

w0aVkqj.png

Wow, that DC Comics version on the far right could be Namor's twin (non-MCU version lol)...

first-possible-look-at-namor-in-black-panther-wakanda-forever-promo-art.jpg

Very good
Again I’m not a DC guy but I’m going to buy this figure! I think Black Adam is an interesting character and the figures look fantastic.

I think both versions look great but I think the “Gold Armor” version has a little more visual interest and reminds me more of how I remember the character looking in the comics and in an animated movie I saw years back where Black Adam fights Shazam and Superman.

Although I like his outfit a lot there seems to be some issue with the “knee pads” in some pictures and particularly in this picture if you look at the left leg on the figure on the left. Hopefully whatever is going on with the knee pads will be addressed by the time this is released.

Attachments

• E0F98E61-716E-4628-9702-DE18444DC62A.jpeg
    E0F98E61-716E-4628-9702-DE18444DC62A.jpeg
    545 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am very tampted... Black Adam is one of my favorite DC Characters, but i can live with a Mafex or S.h.figuarts figure with a good Dwayne Johnson likeness. The thing is they are no where to be seen, so i am really tempted to blow a $500 on The Hot Toys Deluxe version with shipping cost and customs tax.

Definitely getting both. The normal black version will be film specific and gold one will be his traditional one.

No interest in this but it seems like it could have easily been one figure. Swap out golden armor peices and boots. Instead of "specialized fabric" use a swap out magnetic plastic thunderbolt chestpiece. But it's just HT squeezing everything they can out of another license. I will say the sculpts look great though.
As far as the movie is concerned I actually feel bad for diehard fans because this just feels like a big egofest for him. There's actual stipulations in his contract stating he gets most of the screen time and in fight scenes his character can't take a lot of hits. Hopefully he realizes the DCEU is more than just one character if he sticks with the role long enough to square off with Shazam and Superman.
I'll be more than HAPPY to buy if they continue squeezing DC stuff like this

Figure looks good but I could not be less interested in this movie if I tried.
Seriously - I imagine its not particularly great news if someone like myself (a life-long DC fan and pretty geeky guy) is failing to muster even 1 iota of enthusiasm despite actively trying.

The behind the scenes stuff at WB has kind of murdered my enthusiasm for most DC projects going forward - its only Pattinson's Batman, the Joker sequel and associated projects that I remain excited for - Aquaman I wont watch while it has the turd woman in it, Flash is headlined by a literal monster that the studio is making the single most half-assed corporate vought-international style vacuous "apology tour" in history for - all to sell their cash cow franchise and Black Adam looks about as generic, by the numbers, lowest common denominator, uninspired film as it gets - same with Shazam 2 if I am being honest (though I have some hope for that - the first film was good).

Kind of wish the current studio head just skipped to the part where he sells it all off - its clearly where he is heading with the whole enterprise ad I'd rather not drag this out.

I’m a little concerned for the future of the MCU. We’ve wondered so long what wonders they could produce with the rights to F4 and X-Men but, considering how things are going, X-Men could appear to be the ideal property in which to inject the maximum amount of identity politics, one-sided social commentary and activism due to all the allegorical issues of the mutant plight and discrimination.

It’s absolutely ripe for getting hijacked by ‘the message’ and if you don’t like it, you were never an X-Men fan because equality, acceptance and social justice are what it’s always been about. The fan condemnation is baked into it’s premise. Why wouldn’t they go all out?

I definitely don’t want them to change the essence of the X-Men ideology because societiy’s distrust and discrimination against mutants is integral to the mythos but the way Marvel will approach it could be very on the nose and cringeworthy. She Hulk is just the starter course to line your stomach for the self loathing you're about to be force-fed.
Marvel’s writing is utterly devoid of intelligence and nuance as of late so they’ll just be beating us over the head with lines like ‘You know who didn’t like ‘different’ types of people? Hitler! That’s you.’
Spot on. If they take any queues from Kennedy and Star Wars you can forget Xmen and the rest to come.

Hopefully Horn isnt a believer in all that forced message stuff. DC has a perfect chance here to get the superhero movie crowd to look their way and earn some real boxoffice money.

Last edited:
Im pretty sure he realises he’s not the apex superhero after things like the fan outcry at Comiccon that Cavill was expected and then wasnt there. Superman is and always will be the biggest DC superhero. The Rock surely knows that. Its just wrestling “talk”.

Looks damn good. I’ll most likely get the Golden Armor version. Hopefully, we get a Captain Marv—I mean, Shazam figure soon (new costume, preferably).

Congrats to those who are excited about this figure. It really does look like a "great one." I just can't get behind it. Maybe the movie will change my mind but I really don't have high hopes. Gonna wait until it's on HBOMax.

Last edited:
I'll be more than HAPPY to buy if they continue squeezing DC stuff like this
I'm all for DC releases, the point I was trying to make was I just don't see the need for two separate $350 releases. Include interchangeable armor and both blue and gold lightning effects. Two releases for such minimal differences is just hot toys greed trying to exploit people who want both looks.

Last edited:
I'm all for DC releases, the point I was trying to make was I just don't see the need for two separate $350 releases. Include interchangeable armor and both blue and gold lightning effects. Two releases for such minimal differences is just hot toys greed trying to exploit people who want both looks.
Its almost like the same MO as any company ever...who would have known....

Back