Hot Toys - 1/6 Episode II AOTC - Super Battle Droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C4C34250-A4A3-4335-90E3-DFB12B791DD7.jpeg

So, this is, according to Hot Toys, the same character and design they are showing us at celebration. What a joke.

Guys if they try to sell this as AOTC, we must all together be very whiny and annoying and complain about the blatant inaccuracies. We will pester them into submission :cuss

We'll snitch directly to Lucasfilms if we must. We will not be silent. When we catch someone cheating, we don't tolerate it, We tattle! We tattle hard! 😤

What a disaster. People need to light HT up on social media about this because no doubt people will still be drooling over it, blissfully unaware that history is being re-written in front of there eyes. That's not even close to an AOTC Super.

probably a place holder until they fix it correctly.
Hope so, can’t be sure with HT though. They seem to enjoy easy cash grabs these days. Only minor details between the two SBD versions. Sandbase works perfectly with IG-11 and this SBD, why care if footprints won’t fit the figure’s feet.

A complete rework of the body would mean more R&D into molds etc, that’s something the top-of-the-line manufacturer can’t do. Gotta keep them margins!

Why did they spend resources on this non-AOTC SBD in the first place.
They produce a prototype based on a flashback seen on a TV show, then wait us to excuse them since a rework will cost them money.

I’m not sure why they even redesigned it for the show in the first place. What’s the continuity explanation? Live action is live action, they’ve appeared already so why change it?

HT thought that the hype for Mandalorian is so huge that people will prefer the designs showed in them (even for a few seconds) to a design in live-action movie. Total failure.

I’m not sure why they even redesigned it for the show in the first place. What’s the continuity explanation? Live action is live action, they’ve appeared already so why change it?
Some say it’s for budgetary reasons. Might think it’s due to Dave and others wanting to show their CW SBD creation in live action. Kind of works, but for me and many others, the PT design is the superior design. Most familiar of the two.

Let’s be honest, this being on display as aotc is purely to shut us up. They know that 5 figure zero sculpt showing a few weeks ago was ridiculous. We should have had mace or padme at least. This seems destined for the hot toys graveyard. It’s ugly and doesn’t look like an aotc super battle droid.

I think it is safe to assume it was budget, the Mando versions look so much cheaper in quality compared to the AoTC version. I'm sure they'd rather use the budget elsewhere than animating SBDs for a few seconds in a single episode.

Great to see! Congratulations to all who wanted to see this improvement. My word does that display as a whole look incredible. Surely Hot Toys must recognise that each of these Lucas Star Wars movies could and should have the ability to be displayed in this style. So much potential!!

Back