Hot Toys 1/6 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Dead Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's actually much better than I was expecting for this, given the crazy amount of detail involved (probably around $285 for the base figure plus another $100 for the cloak and accessories). Already placed my order at Timewalker.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20220603-164148_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220603-164132_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220603-164123_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220603-164113_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20220603-164105_Instagram.jpg

Same price as Anakin with the Stap. I think for this figure, you're really paying for the paint.

Is the cape plastic or fabric ?

That's actually much better than I was expecting for this, given the crazy amount of detail involved (probably around $285 for the base figure plus another $100 for the cloak and accessories). Already placed my order at Timewalker.
Not as bad as I thought and makes the reg Strange still seem overpriced. I think this is the one to get.

No doubt in a few years time this will be highly sought after. Not sure I need it because I didn't enjoy the movie but it does look great.

What is it about zombified characters, particularly heroes? What is the appeal?

Zombie Cap, Zombie Iron Man, Zombie Strange, Zombie stormtrooper... I'm trying to understand the appeal. Is it just an "ooo, that's sick" kind of thing? Is it seeing your favorite hero obliterated into a disgusting husk of torn flesh and cruel eyes? It's not the same thing as Sithifying someone, which fans seem to do more to women to make them dark and sexy. You don't see too much art of sexy zombified women, some but I think I could find Dark Mera before I could find zombie Mera.

I don't buy into the zombified versions but this one just looks really nice. It's more on appreciation of the work put into this figure.

What is it about zombified characters, particularly heroes? What is the appeal?

Zombie Cap, Zombie Iron Man, Zombie Strange, Zombie stormtrooper... I'm trying to understand the appeal. Is it just an "ooo, that's sick" kind of thing? Is it seeing your favorite hero obliterated into a disgusting husk of torn flesh and cruel eyes? It's not the same thing as Sithifying someone, which fans seem to do more to women to make them dark and sexy. You don't see too much art of sexy zombified women, some but I think I could find Dark Mera before I could find zombie Mera.
I think this is a bit different from other zombie characters; This is how Strange appeared in the final battle, so it played a significant role in the movie and it does look pretty good honestly.

For me I've always loved zombie makeup, art, movies and games.

It stems from playing Resident Evil 2 a lot growing up, watching Dawn of the Dead 78, I just love stories told in that genre.

I love seeing characters get turned into zombies, especially when they are translates well into a figure. Threezero have the Walking Dead license 10 years now and have made 2 zombies.

Hot Toys and Damtoys only made human characters too from the RE games. This Strange figure rocks because it was the one thing from the film that grabbed my imagination.

I think this is a bit different from other zombie characters; This is how Strange appeared in the final battle, so it played a significant role in the movie and it does look pretty good honestly.

I agree, but the whole reason for the scene in the movie was because there's this popular intrigue with all things zombie.

For me I've always loved zombie makeup, art, movies and games.

I love seeing characters get turned into zombies

grabbed my imagination.

I get that... I'm trying to understand the why. I guess it isn't an easy answer. It is a deep seeded psychological thing.

Sex and Death in advertising type psychology.

I listen to a lot of death metal, and enjoy seeing gruesome kills in movies. There is a kind of perverse glee in seeing carnage done to the human body.

I don't like gross body horror like Cronenberg films, but love Romero films. I guess nostalgia comes hand in hand with gore from watching endless horror growing up.

I agree, but the whole reason for the scene in the movie was because there's this popular intrigue with all things zombie.
It looks really good, but I already have two DS figures, one of which is scene specific for a movie (IW) I consider to be superior to this one. This figure looks more or less like a zombified version of that Images of Ikonn setup.

4BACCA30-677D-4256-9CB3-168883C12F77.jpeg

Think this one has more to do with Raimi than anything.

There is that too.

But Raimi's popularity in part is because of the love of zombification that kids seem to have.

I guess it all ties into "The Dark Side", "The Devil", something black and evil taking you over. People can live through it vicariously by watching their beloved characters rise and fall, and then rise again.

Back