Hot Toys 1/6 Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Dead Strange

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps you should follow your own link. The level of painting (effectively 1-2 base colors with a wash) is the same; what's different between the photos is the tone of light and specular reflection both providing more contrast or highlighting certain details over others. Apparently that has tricked your eyes into thinking there's more paint there than there is.

Here's your "significantly better" prototype on display at Secret Base a year and a half ago:
1704383989201.png

Perhaps you should follow your own link. The level of painting (effectively 1-2 base colors with a wash) is the same; what's different between the photos is the tone of light and specular reflection both providing more contrast or highlighting certain details over others. Apparently that has tricked your eyes into thinking there's more paint there than there is.

Here's your "significantly better" prototype on display at Secret Base a year and a half ago:
View attachment 682069
They look more like chocolate in the blogger pics than they do here still. Even on the prototype on display in person they looked a bit more necrotic than what the blogger pics show. Final release looks like they've been eating out o the chocolate fountain at the party with their hands.

1704384942690.png

Last edited:
They look more like chocolate in the blogger pics than they do here still.
Why? Because the shade of brown looks a bit different? Or because a bunch of idiots on Facebook have started making that chocolate hands joke and now you're unwilling to back down from your entrenched position of a "huge downgrade?" XD

I'm not super interested in explaining how the color of light can change our perception of colors in a photograph, but you can recall/look up the blue/white dress fiasco for a real head trip in that arena if you want. If you don't like the paint, just say you don't like the paint. But trying to argue that the paint is somehow different from what they solicited is silly :)

Look
They look more like chocolate in the blogger pics than they do here still. Even on the prototype on display in person they looked a bit more necrotic than what the blogger pics show. Final release looks like they've been eating out o the chocolate fountain at the party with their hands.

View attachment 682070
It was exactly like that ,when they did that spooktacular preview for sideshow awhile back.

Really disliked the movie but would like to put together a zombie display like many others are thinking.

Some quick phone shots after unboxing. This figure is a masterpiece if you are fan of strange or horror. Hands are not as "chocolate" in person. I think they purposely kept them the same color so it doesn't take away from his pale skin color. All of the costume and facial scarring details are fantastic!

View attachment 683889View attachment 683890View attachment 683891View attachment 683892

nice pics.

Would this fit in a detolf with the full zombie wings?

nice pics.

Would this fit in a detolf with the full zombie wings?
There are three wires within the wings that can be bent shown in the instructions. It would be very difficult to have these wings within the cube shape of the detolf. I am also too scared to bend those and attempt it, which is why in the shots I left them out. One day I would love to have an expansive shelf hopefully with glass in all it's glory. Lastly if you check unboxing videos, the wings are one piece folded with Velcro on the back connecting to the arm array, so its not like you can take one wing and drape it, it has to be both. Love this figure though, can't stop staring at the detail, and my youngest daughter is freaked out by it! haha

Received mine this week and was pretty impressed, although it's definitely one of the craziest things HT has ever made with all the different attachments and the weird way things fit together.

The zombie parts do come across pretty cheap and basic in hand though. It would easy to fix with some drybrusing and paint washes, but not sure when I'll ever get around to doing that.

Back