Hot Toys 1/6 Death Trooper (Black Chrome) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw TW advertising this as in stock. I'm actually excited for this for some reason. I know it's a silly chromed repaint, but I really think it works for a Death Trooper

Haha that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen !!

Do you also keep your Amazon cardboard packaging boxes in pristine condition somewhere saved away ? :lol :lol :lol
They have their own dedicated museum/warehouse next door. Some are having their brown tape restored ready for display. No paying visitors yet but I am sure they will come in droves eventually. If you build it they will come.

They have their own dedicated museum/warehouse next door. Some are having their brown tape restored ready for display. No paying visitors yet but I am sure they will come in droves eventually. If you build it they will come.
:lol forget the Hot Toys, I wanna see those pristine brown shippers !!

Of the 3 recent Chrome Exclusives, I'm personally liking the matte Chrome Clone the most. Having both phase 1 & 2 helmets is a nice detail. 🤔

Last edited:
black gold ? No thanks.
1662476485758.jpeg

1662477026315.jpeg

Not really seeing the gold tint in the product and Secret Base box art shots.

Last edited:
I definitely see from Ray's and Justin's review they gave it a gold tint, and not the black chrome that was advertised. That's too bad.

I think the Clone “chrome” looks the best out of the three in Justin’s review. Which is the only place I’ve seen all three lined up.

How is this better than this? & why am I still thinking of picking one up….

Attachments

• ABDCD3FC-2F03-4572-8BAF-A401788F3AC2.jpeg
    ABDCD3FC-2F03-4572-8BAF-A401788F3AC2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
How is this better than this? & why am I still thinking of picking one up….
Nice Death Trooper creasy.

Idk? No difference, not better, it just has a new paint finish that has a chrome gold tint.

I like the original DT's just the way they are, and the shiny jet black armor looked awesome on screen. This black chrome finish just didn't turn out the way I had hoped. Oh well.

Last edited:
The brightness of a light box is a powerful thing. It is a radically cool light whose intensity usually isn’t matched by other household light sources, even other household ‘cool‘ light sources. I have a light box and I prefer not to look at a collectible in it unless I want to actively find a reason to hate my purchase.

On top of that, Justin does post process the image to pop colors. Any reviewer does to some degree just to get things to look right on the screen. But I am guessing that the saturation isn’t doing the chroming any favors and is exaggerating it further.

I am not saying these aren’t gold tinted. They definitely are. But I am betting that the chrome won’t be standing in such stark contrast if you point a warmer light source at both versions. Anyone who was planning to display this under daylight household lighting situations or directly under warm light sources - so that the standard versions are also reflecting warmer light - then you will most likely be getting the desired increased shiny effect out of this new one compared to the regulars.

But if you live in a house light up like a Walmart and only have cool spotlights in your display cases thereby mimicking the cold light found in a frozen circle of hell where no warmth exists; then the coloring on these guys will definitely be off-putting.

Back