Hot Toys 1/6 Darth Vader figure | Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why his eyes not yellow ? It should be yellow, especially the immense amount of hate and hatred must be fully implemented to maximize the Dark side power against his former master.

I've always wanted a 1/6th Vader but never got one. They always seemed off -- the proportions, accuracy, or something else. Hopefully they nail this one.

The boots should have dust on it. Otherwise, total failure.

Loved Obi-Wan smashing the chest box. Ewan really gives his lightsaber fights everything.

I need this in sixth scale. So cool and sad.
screenshot-2022-06-22-at-10-33-47.jpeg

I've never had much interest before in those mythos-style Vaders with the broken mask, as it always seemed way too fan servicey, but the visual of it in this episode was so powerful and effective that I'll be totally down for a HT version now.

This doesn’t even need a full battle damage figure. The only thing that got damaged was his helmet, his light box and the back of his cape.

Just give me a solid deluxe package of a clean OWK Vader with swap out helmet and chest light box. Mainly care about the half helmet/face look so as long as that's included, I'll be happy. I've held off on all the other Vader figures so either a Vader from this show or one from ROTJ is what I would end up picking up for my collection.

n430xr8.png

Last edited:
Why his eyes not yellow ? It should be yellow, especially the immense amount of hate and hatred must be fully implemented to maximize the Dark side power against his former master.
It is yellow, rewatch the scene; when the mask is first cracked its blue but it changes once Obi-Wan starts apologising to him.

That in addition to the light constantly changing from red to blue is supposed to show the conflict in him.

The time has come for HT to go the full DX route with Vader.

• New and improved body
  • Clean helmet sculpt
  • BD helmet sculpt with moveable eyeball system
  • Clean chest box with lights
  • BD chest box
  • Clean cape
  • BD cape
  • Vader's lightsaber
  • Reva's BD dual sabers
  • Bonus HC headsculpt with separate helmet part (like seen in the suit up scene)
  • Numerous Force gesturing hands
  • 2 bases, one neat Star Destroyer base and a sandy one.
  • Holotable with Palpatine hologram

393540-screenshot-2022-06-22-at-10-33-47.jpeg

I love this look. When you look at the still intact side of the helmet it looks kinda sad, the way he seems to look down, all busted up. But then you see the pure anger and hatred in the single visible eye and it just looks terrifying. Really well done! I want to be able to recreate this look with the figure, so a rolling eyeball system is a must.

• New and improved body
  • Clean helmet sculpt
  • BD chest box
  • Clean cape
  • BD cape
  • Vader's lightsaber
  • Reva's BD dual sabers
  • Bonus HC headsculpt with separate helmet part (like seen in the suit up scene)

I love this look. When you look at the still intact side of the helmet it looks kinda sad, the way he seems to look down, all busted up. But then you see the pure anger and hatred in the single visible eye and it just looks terrifying. Really well done! I want to be able to recreate this look with the figure, so a rolling eyeball system is a must.
All for the low low price of $600

• New and improved body
  • Clean helmet sculpt
  • BD chest box
  • Clean cape
  • BD cape
  • Vader's lightsaber
  • Reva's BD dual sabers

You're forgetting deluxe edition with throne seat diorama...

• New and improved body
  • Clean helmet sculpt
  • BD chest box
  • Clean cape
  • BD cape
  • Vader's lightsaber
  • Reva's BD dual sabers

Would look fantastic! All in the execution of how that visible eye is sculpted.

Thought I would ask here since this and Obi-Wan will in all likelihood be the next Star Wars figures that take batteries.

How do our collector friends over in Australia plan to deal with the battery law that’s just gone into effect?

Directed to @ObiGlennKenobi and @choombaz but I know there are others from there around. Seems like an enormous hit to the collecting community.

Popcultcha is saying they won’t ship figures with button cell batteries within Australia and I’ve heard Sideshow is already cancelling orders for those products there.

You folks already deal with a lot being collectors in Australia but this seems like an unprecedented crisis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back