Hot Toys 1/6 Darth Vader figure | Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in asia. personally ive never held a figure with issue long enough to experience any crumbling or flaking, but some collectors have claimed that something bout asia weather thats prone to cracking?

my iron monger fig is still good as new Btw, not sure if those will flake.

Im in asia. personally ive never held a figure with issue long enough to experience any crumbling or flaking, but some collectors have claimed that something bout asia weather thats prone to cracking?

my iron monger fig is still good as new Btw, not sure if those will flake.

Asia is death to pleather. It's the humidity.

I see the fear every time a figure with a lot of pleather debuts on the BBICN forum.

The only way is to keep them in a room shut off from natural light, and with the humidity regulated.

Yeah, my room is away from natural light and the temp is pretty cool as i have the ac on most of the day time. So i guessthat explains why my figures are still fine.

Air-con doesn’t suck the water out of the air though - a room can be ice cold via AC but still have a high humidity level, dehumidifiers on the other hand work a treat. I have humidity and temp readers in each room so know exactly what does what, at least in my home.

I have a dehumidifier running in the collection room to keep the RH around 50%.

When it's not dehumidifying it's just blowing air from the fan. Air movement is also good for preventing mould, since it likes warm, damp, still conditions.

The room doesn't have any windows by design, so no UV light, and only LED lighting. It's also the coolest place in the house during really hot summers.

It should be an all encompassing DX like the recent Batman. The question is will they bother?

A burned Anakin torso in a bacta tank would be sick! It's there begging to be made!
It would be Hot Toys best chance at going all out for a Darth Vader release.

So Hasbro revealed their Black Series figure already… just a standard barebones Vader. It’s not looking good for the HT version.

E5E42B90-BCD3-4296-AB91-0E864D70AF9D.jpeg

At least it's accurate to the show. If Hot Toys can do that, I'd be happy. I would be satisfied if they went the extra mile and included more though.

Barebone Vader doesn't mean there isn't another one following closely. I'll wait until season finale to see if the show reveals more about Vader's current "shape" before i abandon hope of a more intricate version coming out.

It would be Hot Toys best chance at going all out for a Darth Vader release.
There's lots of different variants for HT to make money from. ROTJ version will most probably have a swap out old Anakin head sculpt, akin to the 1/4 version. Then there's the ROTS version with a perfect symmetry face mask and a young Ani head sculpt.
And there could be a charred up Ani and an Ani in bacta tank etc.
The new light-up chest box will be a selling point for this Obi wan Vader.

Last edited:
There's lots of different variants for HT to make money from. ROTJ version will most probably have a swap out old Anakin head sculpt, akin to the 1/4 version. Then there's the ROTS version with a perfect symmetry face mask and a young Ani head sculpt.
And there could be a charred up Ani and an Ani in bacta tank etc.
The new light-up chest box will be a selling point for this Obi wan Vader.
Yup, I'm hoping they include the light up chest box at the very least for this Obi wan version but obviously hoping for more depending on what is shown as we progress through the series.

As for ROTJ, I think they would be wise to just scale down their 1/4 to 1/6 similar to what they've recently done with the DX19 which is said to basically be a scaled down version of the 1/4 minus the wrong shoulder pads. That figure is selling very well. To me the 1/4 ROTJ is pretty much perfect, so if I could get that in 1/6, I'd be happy; though, I don't know the finer details like some do.

Last edited:
Let's just move on to the HT ROTJ version.

If this is announced soonish, I can still see them putting a RotJ Vader up for preorder next year for the 40th anniversary. I don't see them doing RotJ before next year anyway, so shouldn't really affect it unless this one doesn't go up for PO for a while.

If this is announced soonish, I can still see them putting a RotJ Vader up for preorder next year for the 40th anniversary. I don't see them doing RotJ before next year anyway, so shouldn't really affect it unless this one doesn't go up for PO for a while.
I mean they have 3 different Lukes up right now, but this Vader will really need something to set it apart from the others. If there's no partial Hayden sculpt reveal then it'll be a huge disappointment.

I don't think his throne would be that appealing. It seems more of a formality when he makes contact with his subordinates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back