Hot Toys 1/6 Darth Vader figure | Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the rogue one vader was the best but when I went back to look at his scenes in rogue one the suit just looks like the anh one to me, lighting isn't the best but pretty sure when he is talking to krennic he doesn't have the big pleats like on the rogue one hot toy, and the robe is over the armour like in anh too. I have a low iq in general so please forgive me if I am wrong god bless folks

We need a Vader bacta tank diorama, I’d buy it.

View attachment 579635
I would Day 1 order that. I don't think it would be that difficult to do either. I think it would be better if they did something similar to the Iron Man suit where they give you the body and have a diorama around it to give the feel he's in the tank

totally agree and would be on that day 1 as well. No reason they can't as we've seen that in Rogue One.

I heard the rogue one vader was the best but when I went back to look at his scenes in rogue one the suit just looks like the anh one to me, lighting isn't the best but pretty sure when he is talking to krennic he doesn't have the big pleats like on the rogue one hot toy, and the robe is over the armour like in anh too. I have a low iq in general so please forgive me if I am wrong god bless folks
RO Vader is technically supposed to be like the ANH suit given that that movie happens right before the opening sequence in ANH, so you're not wrong there. If I remember correctly, they changed it to the proper over the armor look during filming whereas early promo images had the robes under the armor which is why HT showed it that way in their proto images. I could be wrong though, so someone with more knowledge can feel free to correct or give better/ more accurate info.
I really do hope there is some sort of special feature here like an unmasked sculpt that is not being shown at this time. If not, this is a pure re-release of R1 with a name plate that says obi-wan series and quick pass for me.
Same. While I would/could still order just to get the gloves as they were a pita to get loose when the original RO and Tarkin Vaders were parted out. I would also hope that this new version has the light-up chest box that he seems to have in this show versus the unlit one that the ANH/RO original figures have. I completely understand the pain of not only turning on the lightup feature with these HT figures, but also the pain of switching batteries, however, I can't help but enjoy it. Just wish it was easier like the SS Vaders

Last edited:
I really do hope there is some sort of special feature here like an unmasked sculpt that is not being shown at this time. If not, this is a pure re-release of R1 with a name plate that says obi-wan series and quick pass for me.
No cracked helmet = No buy

I will pay what ever I have to in order to get Lord Vader's assembly chamber.

I'm 100% certain now that the Rogue One Darth Vader was a stand-in until Hot Toys officially reveals their Obi-Wan Kenobi Darth Vader. I don't think Hot Toys could afford to be lazy with this release.

Last edited:
It should be an all encompassing DX like the recent Batman. The question is will they bother?

A burned Anakin torso in a bacta tank would be sick! It's there begging to be made!

Lol, where were you duing all those vaders HT release all this years?

Itll prolly be the same, flaky vader again anyways. As much as i want a vader in my collection, im skipping out on this ver. Unless they change the material somehow.

Itll prolly be the same, flaky vader again anyways. As much as i want a vader in my collection, im skipping out on this ver. Unless they change the material somehow.
I’ve never heard of a Vader figure flaking. Though to respond to your comment, I have owned every 1:6 Vader and feel like there’s obvious room for improvement. Something representative of Hayden Christensen could also really separate this release from the others.

At this point is there even hope that they'll ever make a "proper" Vader without the problematic materials? I guess they'll have one next year for the RotJ anniversary, which will be a rerelease again but with Shaw's HS. Then maybe another in 2025 for the RotS anniversary. There are rumours of a Vader solo series, but again, it'd be the same thing.

I don't know, I've skipped on all Vaders thus far waiting for a change, but I'm not sure if it'll ever come. So I might just bite the bullet and get this one if it has some cool extras and a Hayden HS.

My Vader is perfectly fine after 4 years, they're never gonna change to real leather.

Most SW figs have pleather in some way other than troopers and a select few characters, so it's kinda unavoidable
That's why I try to stick with the Jedi and Sith, as they have just cloth robes. But then you have the boots, Anakin's ROTS getup and so on... Yeah, good point. It is unavoidable but I try to pick figures with as little of it as possible. Sometimes though you just have no option. I suppose that's why people got hyped by InArt, they figured we'd pay an extra 100$ and get better materials. But what's the point if the characters you want aren't offered like that. With my luck they'll get the Disney licenses when I'm halfway through the X-Men & SW, and then with rising prices they'll announced a leathery Vader at the low price of 700$...

I’ve never heard of a Vader figure flaking. Though to respond to your comment, I have owned every 1:6 Vader and feel like there’s obvious room for improvement. Something representative of Hayden Christensen could also really separate this release from the others.

did the suit on your flaked yet?

i briefly owned the esb ver, but sold it as im worried bout the material deterioration each time i admire it lol.

they\ll prolly just add a unmasked head or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back