Hot Toys 1/6 Darth Vader figure | Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely in comics the torn leather and exposed skin/robotics might look cool but probably look silly in real life.
I don’t read the comics so it’s more so just to have a different look, besides a sculpt. Even just some heavy weathering throughout would be cool. And they may do that! the scene was dark so not sure what his suit looked like at the end. Those rocks should’ve dirtied him up though.

I’ll be surprised if this Vader, like the base he’s standing on, is not just a placeholder.
I'm thinking the same. If they displayed it at Celebrations as a placeholder, chances are they're doing the same for this event.

Close up of the one at the Summer Showcase:

FUhNuxf.jpg

...Is this the same Rogue One figure they showed at Celebration?
I did notice one difference from the R1 figure! The brow of this dome, it's rounded in the front while retaining the Y indent. That's a feature unique to Kenobi Vader. All other Vaders have either the smooth brow without indent, or pointy brow with indent.

Although at a glance, everything else still looks like it's probably the same kit as R1 even if it shouldn't be. I guess they've only gotten as far as that one dome mod.
Most notably, the chest armor should be a different shape (slightly more like RotS). The cod piece should be a bit different than the R1 diaper, flatter. The cape collar should be wider and exposed with a hanging chain. On the chest box, I can't see the top straps, but I do still see the side straps. Box straps should not be present at all on Kenobi vader (like RotS). And I think the three grey buttons on the chest box should be a slightly darker grey than R1. The lightsaber should also be ANH style (not ESB/R1 style) but I can't see it well in these photos.

That's all just the bare minimum for Kenobi accuracy though. I'm still not interested until they battle damage it.
The chest box strap situation could be solved by magnets. And then it would also allow the buyer to swap between clean and damaged boxes easily.

Ksl8thS.jpg

Last edited:
Shouldn’t the eye lenses be red as well?
In the entire season of Kenobi there's only like one or two shots where you can just barely see some of the red showing through. They're tinted dark enough that even though they're technically red, you hardly ever see it. 99.5% of the time they just appear black. It's much more subtle in Kenobi than it was in R1, where they enhanced the red quite a bit. So I don't consider that a necessary change for this figure, the existing lenses should be fine. While the marketing and merchandise have played up the red eyes, they were not actually much of a thing during this show. The existing Rogue One figure lenses, which look black or dark red depending on the lighting, should suit it perfectly well. They were perhaps a little too subtle for Rogue One, but actually quite appropriate for this figure.

In the entire season of Kenobi there's only like one or two shots where you can just barely see some of the red showing through. They're tinted dark enough that even though they're technically red, you hardly ever see it. 99.5% of the time they just appear black. It's much more subtle in Kenobi than it was in R1, where they enhanced the red quite a bit. So I don't consider that a necessary change for this figure, the existing lenses should be fine. While the marketing and merchandise have played up the red eyes, they were not actually much of a thing during this show. The existing Rogue One figure lenses, which look black or dark red depending on the lighting, should suit it perfectly well. They were perhaps a little too subtle for Rogue One, but actually quite appropriate for this figure.
Yeah I don't even remember them being red in any of the scenes he was in. Not really something I care about on this figure.

9xM18W1.png

Yeah I don't even remember them being red in any of the scenes he was in. Not really something I care about on this figure.

9xM18W1.png
It's subtle, but they are red. It should be the same on the HT figure since they're going to claim "accurate and authentic likeness".
1657833574122.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back