Hot Toys 1/6 Darth Vader figure | Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks better when an entire figure is battle damaged instead of just swap out parts, so this is one instance where I hope Hot Toys makes both clean and fully battle damaged versions instead of just swap out parts.

The Mk 7 battle damaged figure is still one of my favorites. The duel and aftermath in Kenobi deserve to have a dedicated figure without compromises.

Hopefully they provide options re the portrait. But it seems too much to ask that we could have a straight up crispy Anakin sculpt with undamaged dome & mask and damaged dome and mask so we could switch it up instead of having to buy 3 or 4 vaders.

Hopefully they provide options re the portrait. But it seems too much to ask that we could have a straight up crispy Anakin sculpt with undamaged dome & mask and damaged dome and mask so we could switch it up instead of having to buy 3 or 4 vaders.
In my opinion they would only do that if they did a 1/4 Vader from the Kenobi show. That to me would be an instant preorder. The level of detail Hot Toys would put into that Vader would be phenomenal, especially after seeing what they did with the ROTJ 1/4 Vader. The paint apps, the sculpt and even the fabric in the suit still blows me away. Till this day that to me is the best Vader figure ever produced

In my opinion they would only do that if they did a 1/4 Vader from the Kenobi show. That to me would be an instant preorder. The level of detail Hot Toys would put into that Vader would be phenomenal, especially after seeing what they did with the ROTJ 1/4 Vader. The paint apps, the sculpt and even the fabric in the suit still blows me away. Till this day that to me is the best Vader figure ever produced

@Wor-Gar put it best when they said "The best Vader 1/6th figure has not been made yet."

I don't collect 1:4, but the 1:4 Vader seems like the best action figure made of him. I could see them doing another 1:4 Vader for Kenobi but I hope they give us something in 1:6 that really blows away their past figures.

Also still waiting for a 1:4 Stormtrooper. That's a 1:4 figure I would want.

If HT nails this figure, then this will be my first figure I purchase outside of the Original Trilogy. Hopefully we get a reveal soon.

No big market for 1/4..would be big mistake if HT only made a 1/4

Okay after seeing that final episode I’m going to need a Kenobi Vader with alternate broken mask.

No big market for 1/4..would be big mistake if HT only made a 1/4
That’s very true, it takes up a lot of space and the price is a lot higher too. 100% they’re making a 1/6 figure but I got a feeling they’ll make the most bang for your buck figure in 1/4 scale for Vader, possibly with a normal mask and a broken one, swap our armour to make it battle damaged and a Hayden sculpt. The last 1/4 Vader we got was definitely lacking in accessories so this is a chance for them to redeem themselves in a way

I’m just patiently waiting for the announcement to drop and preorders to open lol 😂

Yeah def getting a Obi wan Vader now.
I think it needs battle damaged version: broken helmet, broken chest box and tattered cape with environment base and force levitating rocks.

That’s very true, it takes up a lot of space and the price is a lot higher too. 100% they’re making a 1/6 figure but I got a feeling they’ll make the most bang for your buck figure in 1/4 scale for Vader, possibly with a normal mask and a broken one, swap our armour to make it battle damaged and a Hayden sculpt. The last 1/4 Vader we got was definitely lacking in accessories so this is a chance for them to redeem themselves in a way

You also didn’t say they would only make a 1:4 version in your other post. You were just saying a complete package as mentioned above you might only be feasible in 1:4.

Based on how their 1:6 figures are produced and marketed, the shrewdest way for Hot Toys to do it would be to make a regular Vader with a Hayden sculpt and a battle damaged Vader with the half exposed helmet.

But if they’re only doing one figure, they’d probably make a Deluxe version where one of those sculpts is the additional accessory.

I only kept two Vader figures because I didn’t want too many Vaders, but I would pick up both normal and fully battle damaged figures versions if they did them.

It looks better when an entire figure is battle damaged instead of just swap out parts, so this is one instance where I hope Hot Toys makes both clean and fully battle damaged versions instead of just swap out parts.

The Mk 7 battle damaged figure is still one of my favorites. The duel and aftermath in Kenobi deserve to have a dedicated figure without compromises.
I agree with you on this with figures like IM. Having an interchangeable BD chestplate and then seeing the rest of the pristine torso can look weird. But with this Vader I think they can do separate pieces pretty easily. Seperate broken helmet sculpt and interchangeable damaged chest panel, even a scorched cape would be cool.
But knowing HT they'll try to squeeze whatever they can out of it. Which usually means 2 seperate figures or accessories only available with a deluxe release.

I’ll take any scale.

Try to up their game and do it with real leather would be cool.

It would be, but few would be happy paying $400-$500 for a Vader and we’re going to be getting close to the lower end of that soon as it is.

If you thought Diecast Iron Man was bad, just wait till they have to make a bunch of tiny full leather Vader suits.

Honestly Vader is the only hot toys figure I’ve never heard of flaking with the pleather

It’s happened, unfortunately, but often by accident.

Rough contact with the stand’s vertical support can cause the pleather on the thighs to peel. It’s also possible to accidentally damage some pleather on the sleeves when handling the swappable parts.

There’s been worse but it can be hard to say how much is user neglect. The suits overall seem fairly durable.

I agree with you on this with figures like IM. Having an interchangeable BD chestplate and then seeing the rest of the pristine torso can look weird. But with this Vader I think they can do separate pieces pretty easily. Seperate broken helmet sculpt and interchangeable damaged chest panel, even a scorched cape would be cool.

That is true, but the price of a package like that would be pretty high and it’d mean only being able to display one look at a time. People might buy two, but having two separate versions incentivizes that a bit more.

I also just don’t want any compromises made for this Vader. Even a figure with more swap out pieces than normal like the Iron Man Mk 42 still doesn’t meet the full potential of the Mk 7 BD. I want head to toe battle damage with zero clean parts and a bunch of rocks thrown in the box for good measure.

I've ignored every Vader Hot Toys has released while waiting for a Return of the Jedi version. I can ignore no longer. This Obi Wan Kenobi version(should it come with all we saw in the finale) is different enough for me to warrant now having two Vader figures. Bravo Disney and Hot Toys. I cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back