Hot Toys 1/6 Clone Trooper (Chrome Version) Exclusive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bringing that up as it seems there was some sort of mishap last week with PO being charged without prior email notifications and figures keeping their "processing" status until now. Lots of talks on that subject over multiple Youtube channels.

I was charged as well and mine is on “preparing to ship” but this isn’t new and not really a mishap. Sometimes there’s a disconnect between when they process and when the shipment actually arrives.

This is something Sideshow has explained pretty consistently as an attempt to expedite the shipping process so the figures can be sent out as soon as they hit the warehouse versus causing a delay by charging only after they’ve arrived.

Unless something is different, not sure why they would be making a big deal about it aside from needing something to talk about. :lol

It’s happened before. Guess some folks might be antsy since it’s a sold out exclusive.

I was charged as well and mine is on “preparing to ship” but this isn’t new and not really a mishap. Sometimes there’s a disconnect between when they process and when the shipment actually arrives.

This is something Sideshow has explained pretty consistently as an attempt to expedite the shipping process so the figures can be sent out as soon as they hit the warehouse versus causing a delay by charging only after they’ve arrived.

Unless something is different, not sure why they would be making a big deal about it aside from needing something to talk about. :lol

It’s happened before. Guess some folks might be antsy since it’s a sold out exclusive.

I believe it all started with collectors getting charged without an email notification, which i believe is the standard procedure with Sideshow. Then, most got in touch with Sideshow's CS to inquire about the situation and apparently got different treatments.

Some had to cancel as they didn't have the funds ready and were denied the switch to a payment plan while others were granted that option.

Anyway, nothing unusual when it comes to that sort of transaction as all (r)etailers are guilty of lacking transparency in these situations. Just thought it was an interesting course of events, especially with the perpetual back and forth between Sideshow and a certain HK reseller.

I believe it all started with collectors getting charged without an email notification, which i believe is the standard procedure with Sideshow. Then, most got in touch with Sideshow's CS to inquire about the situation and apparently got different treatments.

Some had to cancel as they didn't have the funds ready and were denied the switch to a payment plan while others were granted that option.

Anyway, nothing unusual when it comes to that sort of transaction as all (r)etailers are guilty of lacking transparency in these situations. Just thought it was an interesting course of events, especially with the perpetual back and forth between Sideshow and a certain HK reseller.

They do usually send out notifications that payment will be processed soon, so it’s true this was unusual in that regard.

But it’s happened before. Really unfortunate to hear some people had to cancel. Also unfortunate if some weren’t allowed to switch to FlexPay. The surprise charge was not cool, but the risk of that happening is never zero.

Still don’t think it has anything to do with Hong Kong, but I agree there’s definitely a lot going on right now.

:cool: I think they have like 3 people staffing the whole warehouse.
1660200053854.gif

🤔 Make that 2 people.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's pix, its killing me that I had to give this guy up but I will live vicariously through your pix, which will be better than mine would be

Its really weird though. When you buy an in-stock item BAM it is on its way next day, but POs take nine years.

Back