Hot Toys 1/6 Buzz Lightyear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he looks great. The price is a little startling, but I guess it makes a bit of sense since his body is fairly complicated with so many unique mold parts. I think die cast he would have cost $700. My 5 year old has the $29 talking one, and he looks nothing like this, not even remotely. Also, they no doubt made 20,000 of the plastic $29 ones, which offsets the price no doubt. I doubt this one will have a large edition.

I am very tempted, but I like too many things so will try to resist.

I will for sure be getting Buzz, but will wait it out until he releases.
There is no point in pre-ordering any Hot Toys figure now. Just no more FOMO for me on their products.

Loved the movie and this is 100% the BEST figure that will come out for it.
Wish he had a non-hooded headsculpt, but I am ok with the look as-is.

Sideshow isn’t selling this to the UK/Europe btw.
R.gif
Wow, this is a new info for me

Yeah I don't really get why people want HT to make a Toy Story version... he looks like a toy and there are plenty of Buzz Lightyear toys :lol.
I don't get it either, I mean there are 1:1 replicas out there, Toy Story fans should have it already as Disney released gazillion versions through years.
I don't get Tim Allen drama either, this Buzz is a totally different character, if Tim voiced him it wouldn't make any sense... I think movie had a wrong marketing, most of the ppl still don't know if Lighyear is a Toy Story sequel or standalone movie.

Personally I don't care about any of these, I love Buzz since childhood and super excited for this figure, Chris Evans makes it extra special for me. Figure looks amazing. Sox is a true star of this set haha
I got third party Woody released few weeks ago and can't wait to put them together!

I don't get it either, I mean there are 1:1 replicas out there, Toy Story fans should have it already as Disney released gazillion versions through years.
I don't get Tim Allen drama either, this Buzz is a totally different character, if Tim voiced him it wouldn't make any sense... I think movie had a wrong marketing, most of the ppl still don't know if Lighyear is a Toy Story sequel or standalone movie.

Personally I don't care about any of these, I love Buzz since childhood and super excited for this figure, Chris Evans makes it extra special for me. Figure looks amazing. Sox is a true star of this set haha
I got third party Woody released few weeks ago and can't wait to put them together!
Nobody kicked up a storm when Tim didn’t do the voice for Buzz’s TV show. It was altogether weird marketing and poor messaging.

I think most people understood this was the ‘real’ Buzz that the toy from toy story was based on. It’s not uncommon for toys to have sound chips with noises and dialogue pulled directly from the movie. So I think people were still expecting Tim Allen assuming the toy’s voice came from movie dialogue. Like if a Captain America toy sounded like Chris Evan’s voice, you’d expect Chris Evans to be playing that character in the movie. So when Allen wasn’t voicing Buzz, it think that actually confused people more than if he was voicing him.

If the GA were confused about what this film is, imagine how confused they'd be if Tim Allen DID voice Buzz. "Why is the toy now a 'real' person? Is Woody now a real cowboy?"

Saw the movie this weekend and LOVED it. Now I’m thinking I may need this figure. HT did an amazing job with him. I do, however, hope we get the unmasked version as well, or maybe even a version without the spacesuit with his full head of hair.

Yeah I don't really get why people want HT to make a Toy Story version... he looks like a toy and there are plenty of Buzz Lightyear toys :lol.

Tell that to the people who bought the $500 Medicom Woody or that recent $1500 Buzz Lightyear statue. There are collectors out there that would instantly go for an accurate, premium Buzz and Woody from Hot Toys, myself included. Regarding the “well you can already buy a perfectly good figure of this character for cheap, how much better could an expensive Hot Toys version be?” mentality—well people were perfectly happy and content with all those old Sideshow Star Wars figures too until Hot Toys came along and made those figures look like cheap toys in comparison.

As far as this figure goes, like others say it looks good but not crazy about that price. I haven’t seen the film yet but could see myself grabbing one for a discount to go with my Disney parks detolf of Jack Sparrow, Pooh/Piglet, Jake Sulley, and TFA troopers (which oddly I associate more with Hollywood Studios than TFA lol).

Tell that to the people who bought the $500 Medicom Woody or that recent $1500 Buzz Lightyear statue. There are collectors out there that would instantly go for an accurate, premium Buzz and Woody from Hot Toys, myself included. Regarding the “well you can already buy a perfectly good figure of this character for cheap, how much better could an expensive Hot Toys version be?” mentality—well people were perfectly happy and content with all those old Sideshow Star Wars figures too until Hot Toys came along and made those figures look like cheap toys in comparison.

As far as this figure goes, like others say it looks good but not crazy about that price. I haven’t seen the film yet but could see myself grabbing one for a discount to go with my Disney parks detolf of Jack Sparrow, Pooh/Piglet, Jake Sulley, and TFA troopers (which oddly I associate more with Hollywood Studios than TFA lol).
But Buzz in Toy Story is a regular cheap-ish kids toy… that’s the point… He’s not some premium collectible.

I’m all in and getting this version of Buzz by Hot Toys but the one by Gong Studios (although not 1/6 scale) seems to capture the look of him better. The face and head sculpts look more accurate to the movie, and no rubber under drawers that with possibly rot or discolor. Just a shame the Gong version doesn’t come with a Socks figure but if this stands 8.8” he would be roughly 1/9th scale? Maybe 🤔 - I’m sure there is something sort of in scale with him.

CF290260-96D3-4AB7-94C5-2FE68FB22AA1.jpeg
32E7B63A-570D-4F3D-B2AE-306F24DB46AB.jpeg
4DC5007C-F874-4092-8B41-F51666D55CE8.jpeg
66053E85-8811-4A44-8214-18476385155A.jpeg

Last edited:
Back