Hot Toys 1/6 Buzz Lightyear

Help Support Collector Freaks:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I think he looks great. The price is a little startling, but I guess it makes a bit of sense since his body is fairly complicated with so many unique mold parts. I think die cast he would have cost $700. My 5 year old has the $29 talking one, and he looks nothing like this, not even remotely. Also, they no doubt made 20,000 of the plastic $29 ones, which offsets the price no doubt. I doubt this one will have a large edition.

I am very tempted, but I like too many things so will try to resist.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Reaction score
I will for sure be getting Buzz, but will wait it out until he releases.
There is no point in pre-ordering any Hot Toys figure now. Just no more FOMO for me on their products.

Loved the movie and this is 100% the BEST figure that will come out for it.
Wish he had a non-hooded headsculpt, but I am ok with the look as-is.

beetjack

Freaked Out
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Sideshow isn’t selling this to the UK/Europe btw.
R.gif
Wow, this is a new info for me

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I’d spend that much if it were a perfect replica of Buzz Lightyear from the Toy Story movies - but I’m not shelling that out for this movie.

We’re due for a great Buzz.

JorjeCroft

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really get why people want HT to make a Toy Story version... he looks like a toy and there are plenty of Buzz Lightyear toys :lol.
I don't get it either, I mean there are 1:1 replicas out there, Toy Story fans should have it already as Disney released gazillion versions through years.
I don't get Tim Allen drama either, this Buzz is a totally different character, if Tim voiced him it wouldn't make any sense... I think movie had a wrong marketing, most of the ppl still don't know if Lighyear is a Toy Story sequel or standalone movie.

Personally I don't care about any of these, I love Buzz since childhood and super excited for this figure, Chris Evans makes it extra special for me. Figure looks amazing. Sox is a true star of this set haha
I got third party Woody released few weeks ago and can't wait to put them together!

Garlador

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I don't get it either, I mean there are 1:1 replicas out there, Toy Story fans should have it already as Disney released gazillion versions through years.
I don't get Tim Allen drama either, this Buzz is a totally different character, if Tim voiced him it wouldn't make any sense... I think movie had a wrong marketing, most of the ppl still don't know if Lighyear is a Toy Story sequel or standalone movie.

Personally I don't care about any of these, I love Buzz since childhood and super excited for this figure, Chris Evans makes it extra special for me. Figure looks amazing. Sox is a true star of this set haha
I got third party Woody released few weeks ago and can't wait to put them together!
Nobody kicked up a storm when Tim didn’t do the voice for Buzz’s TV show. It was altogether weird marketing and poor messaging.

Buttmunch

Two-Faced Mod
CF Supporter
Rating - 100%
219   0   0
Reaction score
I think most people understood this was the ‘real’ Buzz that the toy from toy story was based on. It’s not uncommon for toys to have sound chips with noises and dialogue pulled directly from the movie. So I think people were still expecting Tim Allen assuming the toy’s voice came from movie dialogue. Like if a Captain America toy sounded like Chris Evan’s voice, you’d expect Chris Evans to be playing that character in the movie. So when Allen wasn’t voicing Buzz, it think that actually confused people more than if he was voicing him.