Hot Toys 1/6 Buzz Lightyear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the movie was iffy but that design isn’t. Plus, something kind of novel (at least for me) about having an animated Hot Toys figure.

I received the Play Toys Cowboy (Woody) today and put him with my Mattel Lightyear that I added a little paint and a few stickers to. Still a work in progress.
Woody will definitely pair well with the Hot Toys Buzz but I still wish Buzz came with a sculpt with hair
52161528998_371d3da97c_b.jpg

I received the Play Toys Cowboy (Woody) today and put him with my Mattel Lightyear that I added a little paint and a few stickers to. Still a work in progress.
Woody will definitely pair well with the Hot Toys Buzz but I still wish Buzz came with a sculpt with hair
52161528998_371d3da97c_b.jpg
Daamn I had no idea Woody was as tall, can't wait to get mine! Hot Toys Buzz and him gonna look legendary together!

The Book of Boba Fett figures from last night are already up on Sideshow. So something is definitely up with this. They’re probably checking to see if they’re even licensed to carry it. Despite their statements, I’m seriously doubting these gets released through Sideshow now.

A figure based on a US IP/franchise isn't going to release to the US?!?! What??? Ah well, guess I may buy from overseas :lol

A figure based on a US IP/franchise isn't going to release to the US?!?! What??? Ah well, guess I may buy from overseas :lol
Well, the Winnie the Pooh and Piglet HT figure set from the Christopher Robin movie weren't offered in the US either, unfortunately, so it's not the first time they've done this for a Disney property.

I just placed my order from OneSixthKit.
I normally go through Sideshow but I can't complain if I don't get charged sales tax and shipping, and have the possibility of getting the figure sooner.

It seems odd that Disney would have HT produce this figure then wouldn't let them offer it in the US. Also, the movie isn't playing in something like 14 countries due to the well-documented "controversy" so that would limit their sales potential even further.

When I called and spoke to Sideshow worker they said reason why the figure hasn't gone up for preorder is because "Hot Toys only teased the figure" Which seems odd since clearly the figure was fully revealed. Maybe they are waiting to put up for preorder until Hot Toys announces a extra hair headsculpt?

When I called and spoke to Sideshow worker they said reason why the figure hasn't gone up for preorder is because "Hot Toys only teased the figure" Which seems odd since clearly the figure was fully revealed. Maybe they are waiting to put up for preorder until Hot Toys announces a extra hair headsculpt?
I like your wishful thinking for the extra hair head sculpt :pray:

I really think at this point that it is a safe bet that Sideshow will not be carrying this. The Hot Toys description of the Deluxe said "Available in selected markets only." which usually means no US distribution.

It will be interesting to see how this sells now that the movie itself is greatly underperforming, according to recent accounts.

Back