1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're being too kind...it's a great set but the helmet is a major fail, with numerous issues...T squint being the least of them. The brow is too thin and the overall helmet shape proportions are way off making it look wonky from most angles. It's also over-scaled...giving the figure a bobble headed appearance.
There is that one sweet spot when viewed straight-on from the front where it looks passable and the flare looks good, but that's not enough to save it.
Maybe HT will do better on the Mando Fett version...

View attachment 513151View attachment 513152View attachment 513153

Interesting... Now I think I might have to repaint my ESB HT helmet...the color being off is what is most noticeable... Regardless, I do love this figure.

How can an amazingly revolutionary company like Hot Toys make such amazing figures and then "crap-the-mat" with that stupid backpack attachment? It's driving me mad! Magnets. Magnets. Magnets. At least they corrected it with Mando.

Last edited:
Besides, Hot Toys is mostly about realism. My guess is they tried to replicate as closely as possible how that backpack attached to the armor on the 1983 costume. Magnet might not be the best option to emulate that whereas it is more adapted to replicate how backpack are worn in modern Star Wars show.

I just got mine and i was and I was wondering if anyone here has mix mashed the two versions from the two movies at all ? I was thinking about setting him this sort of way.

How can an amazingly revolutionary company like Hot Toys make such amazing figures and then "crap-the-mat" with that stupid backpack attachment? It's driving me mad! Magnets. Magnets. Magnets. At least they corrected it with Mando.

Apparently, there is a magnet in there, it?s just really weak. Buy a thin magnet and stick it on there and it will solve that problem.

I just got mine and i was and I was wondering if anyone here has mix mashed the two versions from the two movies at all ? I was thinking about setting him this sort of way.

I skipped the Mythos figure but I picked up an extra one of these to mod into a Mythos Fett someday. Have been picking up some extra parts for it too.

Yes, you are so right, magnets would have been the way to go. I have to turn my figure upside down to install the pack. Speaking of magnets, I e-mailed Hot Toys and asked them if it was possible to make their nameplates magnetic so collectors can mix their bases up.

I put a little blue tack on this black armor plate before attaching the Jetpack. It keeps
it pretty secure.

Apparently, there is a magnet in there, it?s just really weak. Buy a thin magnet and stick it on there and it will solve that problem.

That's exactly what I did. You can carefully pry open the back panel. I simply put a thicker magnet on top of the thin existing one. Since the new magnet was a bit too thick, I dremeled a hole in the inside (seen on the left). Then I glued the whole thing shut again.

Now it holds on even without using the straps.

IMG_5455_small.jpg

Is this the tread to discuss the 40th anniversary version MMS 574?

Has this figure shipped out yet?

I think I got screwed by a chinese seller on ebay. I preordered it Dec 31st 2020 but he hasn't shipped it yet and says everything is delayed because of covid.

I think I got screwed by a chinese seller on ebay. I preordered it Dec 31st 2020 but he hasn't shipped it yet and says everything is delayed because of covid.

Sounds fishy to me. This is in stock at Sideshow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why preorder anything on eBay? Too much liability.

Back