1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t seen it yet. I feel like the Cody hair cut looks best. I may put my Jango head on one of my ESB Bobas.

Rex’s head on boba

Attachments

• 9FF36565-7AA3-4A5D-BBD0-F93E6EE13FDE.jpeg
    9FF36565-7AA3-4A5D-BBD0-F93E6EE13FDE.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 119
Wow! That Rex head looks even better on Boba. I think it is because Boba’s costume overall looks a bit more real-world, or man in a suit. Rex armour is amazing too, just something about this look really raises the realism of the sculpt. I don’t know why.

Rex’s head on boba
Fun, thanks. With that it's easier to visualize what that head might look like with repainted hair as sort of a younger Fett.
I might try picking one of those knockoff Rex heads off ebay and giving it brown hair.
Then again, not sure I can even bring myself to keep the helmet off.

lLZX0wy.jpg

Last edited:
I am starting to trend in the direction that the only unhelmeted Boba should be Tusken, where he doesn’t have his armour. I get it is for different reasons, but I wish Boba was like Vader where he is helmeted/masked always.
:lol

Yeah, Jokes on you fella!!

Just wait till we see Hayden again as Vader in the Kenobi series.. The peeps gotta know who it is under that big black dome.... Can't wait to see crispy Ani.

:slap

:lol

Yeah, Jokes on you fella!!

Just wait till we see Hayden again as Vader in the Kenobi series.. The peeps gotta know who it is under that big black dome.... Can't wait to see crispy Ani.

:slap
Oh my god I hope they don’t do that to Vader.
He has actually been handled relatively well…if they make unmasked Vader/Anakin have even a fraction of the amount of time Book of Boba Boba has than i will be upset.

where is the subtle scenes like in ESB when you only see the scarred back of Vaders head or Rogue one only a glimpse of him in the Bacta Tank. It should have been the same with Boba, even after revealing his face with Jango or Tusken Boba.

Rex’s head on boba

Wow! That Rex head looks even better on Boba. I think it is because Boba’s costume overall looks a bit more real-world, or man in a suit. Rex armour is amazing too, just something about this look really raises the realism of the sculpt. I don’t know why.

Fun, thanks. With that it's easier to visualize what that head might look like with repainted hair as sort of a younger Fett.
I might try picking one of those knockoff Rex heads off ebay and giving it brown hair.
Then again, not sure I can even bring myself to keep the helmet off.

lLZX0wy.jpg

@Jammyjr - Thanks for the pic; looks great. Even better than with the Cody sculpt, I think.

The fabric and the armor’s colors really elevate the Rex sculpt. Rex’s armor is awesome, but the properly scaled textiles Hot Toys uses adds another layer of realism on figures that have a lot of it like Boba Fett.

The Rex sculpt’s hair style matches in-universe teenage Boba Fett so it actually works well, especially if he kept the buzzed style through adulthood before going fully shaved.

Just needs a recolor like the edit @Blackout made. Might do this with one of my extra Rex sculpts. Thanks for the inspiration.

A886F400-CD07-4EE5-B32A-5988EC0ECD0C.jpeg

Last edited:
I posted this in the other ESB Fett "tips and tricks" thread, just looking for some help -

I know someone did this in this thread and I'm hoping they or some other 1/6 experts can give me some advice on dying Fett's flight suit. I just got the Dylon China Blue but this is my first go - any tips are welcome and much appreciated.

It's not all that blue actually. It is somewhat blue, but I think Hot Toys got the on-screen color pretty close. Theres some publicity photos out there where the color is oversaturated, leading to much bluer looking flight suit, but in the film it's just barely blue

Oh my god I hope they don’t do that to Vader.
He has actually been handled relatively well…if they make unmasked Vader/Anakin have even a fraction of the amount of time Book of Boba Boba has than i will be upset.

where is the subtle scenes like in ESB when you only see the scarred back of Vaders head or Rogue one only a glimpse of him in the Bacta Tank. It should have been the same with Boba, even after revealing his face with Jango or Tusken Boba.

Its gonna happen, so get ready. That will be the least of the outrages they perpetrate on Vader. I'd bet money.

Apologies for a bit of a necropost, but wanted to share this without creating my own customs thread... Since this is the only one.
I bought and (sort of) learned to air brush to tackle the Prepro 1 and 2. As always, things i'd like to change/wish had come out better, but he's finished for now.

Used reference pics for damage and color every place i could actually find a pic for.

Color was perhaps most difficult - johnston's colors were so specific and nuanced and 1970's film and development just had no consistency. Gloves sometimes look dark brown/dark beige to dark navy/silver. All that had to be tied back to the relative colors as they related to the helmet and armor i didn't need to touch.

PP1's damage appears to be generally consistent with ESB with a few tweeks, so it wasn't the undertaking PP2 has been.

Huge thanks to McHaley art for the inspiration and direction on sourcing the 3d printed parts from rafalfett/works.

Body is the boring old fett body, no mods.
Gauntlets, knee and shoulder pads totally repainted.
- Left gauntlet added flame thrower (rafalworks)
- Right gauntlet removed hose elbow and patched (mythos gauntlet).
- Sculpted patches for gloves and repaint (sideshow mythos gloves).
- Repainted jet pack harness (mythos) to match PP1 damage, added ponch clip.
- Hot Toys jump suit taken in through the arms and knees to ankles.
- jetpack harness belt and battery pouch wire added (30 awg electrical wire and couplings from mythos gauntlet hoses)
- chest armor plates clustered closer, vest shortened
- added, removed or painted elements of the braided scalps
- dyed girth belt
- painted tops of belt pouch fabric black
- weathered cape to match prop pictures, added male poncho clip

Whew. I think that's it. Thanks guys.PXL_20221106_214927400.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20221106_214823002.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20221106_215003846.PORTRAIT.jpgPXL_20221106_215534583.MP.jpg

So I got the bright idea to try and do a body swap for the deluxe armor pieces to try and recreate the “pre-prod” look, as shown here with a tall and lanky (I think Joe Johnston himself?) fella modeling the armor.

Any recommendations on a body? I do not want to wait for Cobb Vanth to come out. Something readily available, tall and skinny?

pre-pro-2-boba-fett-blaster-raised.jpg

I've been working on a pre-pro2 figure for so long. I only have the right breast plate and the helmet to paint and and all the futzing with the vest. The paint process dhuyvetter used on the helmet is so layered it gives me an ocular migraine and I'm not sure how to replicate it at scale. Are you going to do a full repaint on your bucket?

I ultimately used a generic slim shoulder and heavily sanded down the biceps, thighs, etc., then tailored the suit more closely. In hindsight i think ankle extenders may have been a wise addition.

Haoyu toys and tbleague make a "basketball player" base body, my fear was that the suit just wouldn't be tall enough and the location of the pockets wouldn't fall where they should - especially the shin tools pockets once the knee pads are on.

Back