1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Battle Damaged Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BD on final version seems even less than the prototype lol Missing A LOT of detail and cracks in his armor. He had whole chunks missing and the weathering overall is super lacking. Not enough change to warrant a purchase if you have the first version imo.

Also don't care to have a defeated Thanos on the shelf. Gonna stick with the Infinity Gauntlet version. Maybe pick up the base and nano gauntlet once it's parted out.

227479203_10158165986237344_315539497183841462_n.jpg
80834587_10156788824812344_256148435034439680_n.jpg

230550764_10158165993357344_1236731368572890256_n.jpg
80583064_10156788819272344_3038762999134289920_n.jpg

HWFjJ8a.png

so7B8UG.png

HSSdP64.png
Yes, it's missing a lot of details comparing to the prototype like BD Mark 85

217881899-10158003776547021-5786738934195638369-n.jpg

Last edited:
You would think that given how invested hot toys are in Marvel characters, they would have put more effort into making the battle damage on Thanos's armor ALOT better than it is...........:slap:banghead

Geez they just gave all the way up on that one. The prototype was the wrong armor and not even remotely battle damaged enough, this isn’t even a fraction of that. It’s basically the same figure with a sad sculpt. I legit thought people were posting the wrong final product photos.

One good pose this is meant for is the snap, but if you keep the arm bent in that pose you are going to damage it. Not sure why they didn't include a snap arm like they did for Infinity War Thanos (actually nevermind, I know exactly why they didn't).

The thing is, all this should have all been included with the Endgame Thanos release -- whether a DX or regular.

Swap-out parts to create a "Battle Damaged" look... since they obviously crapped out
with it below the mid-torso area, like any swap out Iron Man "Damaged" pieces. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Glad I did not pre-order him. May pick up parts down the road, but had really hoped
this and the "snap" Iron Man would be home runs. Not so much, it seems.

The thing is, all this should have all been included with the Endgame Thanos release -- whether a DX or regular.

Swap-out parts to create a "Battle Damaged" look... since they obviously crapped out
with it below the mid-torso area, like any swap out Iron Man "Damaged" pieces. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Glad I did not pre-order him. May pick up parts down the road, but had really hoped
this and the "snap" Iron Man would be home runs. Not so much, it seems.
Agreed. It's nakedly obvious Hot Toys was getting a bit greedy hoping to cash in on the expected hype of Infinity War and Endgame.

The Mk 50 didn't need a separate accessory pack that costs as much as a regular figure. That was ridiculous.

Endgame Thanos should've come with battle damaged parts. No reason not to, other than a cheap cash grab attempt.

The Mk 85 should've been a single definitive release, with enough swappable battle damaged parts to make the final appearance work like the Mk 42.

Even if it doesn't look as convincing as a full battle damaged figure, I don't think most people would've minded if it meant not buying two $400+ figures or being split on which one to get.

I don't really collect Marvel anymore with just a few Iron Man and War Machine figures left, but Iron Man and Marvel have been so good to Hot Toys that it's really disappointing to see them keep dropping the ball for people excited about these figures.

And now Endgame armored Thanos is a relatively cheap figure overseas, and is a shelf warmer on Sideshow. This will definitely be the same, I sure hope they didn’t make too many of them.

just some swap out parts is all we needed for armored Thanos, with the correct gauntlet. I’d have paid a bit more for that set. A regular and deluxe, but HT greed.

same MyenShi, I used to be hardcore Marvel, now I have but a handful. Mainly iron man. Thanos, Hela, Roadworn Thor & Doc Strange. All about SW now

I am still kicking myself for overpaying to get Armored Thanos early from Hong Kong.
Especially with how much of a bobble-body he has... It has to be the wobbliest figure
I have ever held in hand.

Live and learn, I guess.

man here i thought they'd put some effort into the battle damage ,but it's so severely lacking. i wanted something along the lines of BD robocop, they really put effort into that one .

This will be my one and only Thanos (sold wife-beater a while back and never bothered with the first Endgame release) so aside from having a little more effort put into the battle damage, I'm happy with how he turned out, especially the 'just-been-shafted-by-Stark' sculpt which for me is a real selling point. Definitely wouldn't bother having this and armoured though (in the same way I wouldn't want both Mk 85s).

Will keep a close eye on the availability and price of this guy....I'm not dropping early Hong Kong $$ on him (or SSC's standard rate). If he goes down to current armoured prices (just under $3,000 HK) then I'll bite.

Last edited:
This has been such a disappointment. Doesn't even look like the final BD Thanos at the end of the Battle. Great "oh ****" HS though. I hope BD Mark 85 will be so much better because of the backlash.

BD Thanos is out! Hopefully, hopefully the rest of the EG line may follow soon; I just really want Endgame Captain Marvel now! :impatient:

Hopefully BD Thanos will be the new Chitauris ! lol
I think a lot of MCU figures are gonna sit around for a while now, I just don’t see as much hype or interest for the MCU lately compared to Mando etc.

The only current MCU figure I can see flying off the shelves and going fast is Mysterio.

You can get regular Endgame Thanos for well below retail in HK now.

Back