1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get any email confirmation from them before yours was shipped or did it just show up? I've still not heard anything from them and I paid in full back in February.
Yes they always send email when it ships. Maybe contact them especially because the website says it is in stock.

Is the colour on this really that muted? How's the blue in person?
Yeah the colors are muted and accurately so. I think if a person wants bright punchy colors in a Captain America figure they should go with the 2012 version because it's the only figure that's supposed to be that way. In my opinion the Civil War figure and others from Hot Toys were way oversaturated. He looked just as muted then as he did in Endgame.

1632838221265.png
1632838294045.png

I so want a remake of that but I just don't know with Hot Toys. They could take 2 steps forward and 2 steps back in the execution and it wouldn't surprise me.

I so want a remake of that but I just don't know with Hot Toys. They could take 2 steps forward and 2 steps back in the execution and it wouldn't surprise me.
As far as I'm concerned, Hot Toys never made a figure of Captain America as he appears in Civil War. I mean what they released looks absolutely nothing like that suit.

Just trying to get in front of the other complaints :panic:

Nice looking mod! I'm using the Stealth head too (unpainted) on my IW mod, but I'm going for a battle damaged look with the half-broken shield. For a clean red shield, the CW one really is the best of the bunch.

Sounds cool, have you posted pics of your mod lately? If not could you do so? I do remember seeing pics of a modded IW Cap with a helmeted headsculpt that looked cool a while back but I’m not sure if it was yours. In any event I have not come close to getting tired of seeing pics of these Cap figures so bring em on

Is the colour on this really that muted? How's the blue in person?

Yeah I agree with the others on this that the colors on this figure are quite muted.

I just took this picture in my office at home with the door and some of the windows open and no additional light …

Attachments

• AFAEECA3-84BE-4922-B1D4-59017EE120ED.jpeg
    AFAEECA3-84BE-4922-B1D4-59017EE120ED.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 153
Thanks for the insight. Been tossing up this or the 2012 version. I think I like the colours on the 2012 more.

Also, it wouldn't be hard to do a CW 2.0? This figure is basically the CW suit but with the chainmail?

In your pic, Omega, the suit looks weathered, too.

Yeah it comes with a significant amount of weathering/dirt apps on the white stripes and some nice silver weathering/damage effects on the scalemail. The weathering effects on the chinstrap were done by me when I repainted the Strike Suit helmet for use on this Endgame body.

Sounds cool, have you posted pics of your mod lately? If not could you do so? I do remember seeing pics of a modded IW Cap with a helmeted headsculpt that looked cool a while back but I’m not sure if it was yours. In any event I have not come close to getting tired of seeing pics of these Cap figures so bring em on
Nope, I haven't yet. It was actually all those pictures of modded IW Cap figures that convinced me to pick one up. I'm planning to tinker with my display this weekend, so I'll try to take some pictures then. :duff

Has anyone heard from Popcultcha? Cap shows as in stock on their site, but I've heard nothing from them.
I've had to contact them a few times with preorders when their site have said it's in stock and I've heard nothing. Once I've contacted them, they've always processed it quickly. Call them if you want it done ASAP.

Mine should finally be here Thursday.

Unfortunately it's been so long since the movie came out and this fig was announced that most of my hype for getting this died down long ago.

I got my Cap in the mail today from popcultcha, finally!
Yep, got mine today. Noticed that the collar is pretty high up on the neck, so seems Popcultcha got the first batch instead of the batch that went to Taiwan with the lower collar? I think I actually prefer the lower collar!

Also unfortunately my grimacing swap out face plate has paint rubbed off on the nose, so I've contacted them for a replacement on that face plate.

Other than that, the figure seems pretty solid. Suit seems very restrictive though, and hard to pose.....

It is, the constant oversizing of bodies by HT is really annoying. Either the body (and also the chest armour etc) needs to be smaller, or the heads need to be bigger. It's a great figure and I love it, but you really have to pose it in certain ways to make the chest/shoudlers look narrower, or the head look wider (sideways). Really makes me want to hack it apart and see if I can resize it properly or something.

It is, the constant oversizing of bodies by HT is really annoying. Either the body (and also the chest armour etc) needs to be smaller, or the heads need to be bigger. It's a great figure and I love it, but you really have to pose it in certain ways to make the chest/shoudlers look narrower, or the head look wider (sideways). Really makes me want to hack it apart and see if I can resize it properly or something.

Yeah I love this figure also, I think Hot Toys did a great job with this figure band believe it to be the best iteration of Cap so far. But as you said I found the helmeted sculpt to appear undersized also. However, I found that replacing the head that came with this figure with the Strike Suit helmeted sculpt solved the “scale issue” for me. So now I think he looks awesome from any angle :) :)

Back