1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does the hot toys shield compare to the By-Art in hand?
I haven't even removed the HT shield from the packaging yet so I can't speak to its quality (I'm assuming it's on par with previous HT shields), but the By-Art shield is heavy and has a decidedly more battle damaged look to it - i.e., IMO more like a shield that's just yielded under a ferocious attack from Thanos.

Finally got mine by also stalking my local comic book store until they FINALLY got one in! :D Thanks for that tip, Darth KirBayBey!! I had been checking the comic book store for months, but I had all but lost hope they would get one before me. Ordered mine from SS in Jan 2020 and cancelled the order yesterday. Hah.

I also managed to get the original brown shipper!! Every time I had asked before on a Hot Toys fig bought in the comic book shop, they had always thrown it away when they originally got it in. But this time they had it!!

P.S. Am I the only one whose wife thinks they're crazy for caring if it comes with the brown shipper or not? LOL

Just got mine in. He's a nice looking figure, everything comes together really well.

But wow is he small. My last figure in was Hellboy, and I've got my JL Batman set up, and Cap is just tiny. So feel a bit underwhelmed in that sense. IM will no doubt be bigger, shame they don't make the Marvel characters as big as the DC.

Also he has no ass at all haha.

But still, it looks great overall.

Just got mine in. He's a nice looking figure, everything comes together really well.

But wow is he small. My last figure in was Hellboy, and I've got my JL Batman set up, and Cap is just tiny. So feel a bit underwhelmed in that sense. IM will no doubt be bigger, shame they don't make the Marvel characters as big as the DC.

Also he has no ass at all haha.

But still, it looks great overall.

It is a beautiful figure. Yeah, I see what you're saying about the size. I have both JL Batman and Mk 85 Iron Man, and they are both massive and very heavy in comparison. Purely from a "Wow, this is really heavy and, therefore, feels really important and expensive", it is certainly underwhelming, but I think the size makes sense from a character standpoint. Batman had to get huge because he has no superhuman enhancements and that's what it took to get the strength, while Cap's strength comes from the formula. And I actually think Evans was leaner in EG vs TFA, personally. And of course, Iron Man is huge because of the armor (and heavy because he's diecast. Haha).

To each his own, of course. We all feel very different about how this fig turned out, and that's perfectly fine. :) I really like this one myself. In the words of Justin, "It REALLY IS... that dahn good.". LOL

u9C1mAUl.jpg

8eWmY8Sl.jpg

WYx9GoXl.jpg

I finally got this guy in, I got him into a pose I like, but any view where the shield doesn't block the body looks odd to me. Am I doing something wrong with crunching his body? I know no one will ever see him from the rear but he looks like he's taking a dump and his pants are falling down from it. I tried to pull up the pants but they seem pretty tight. I didn't take the boots off to see if I can do anything with the pant legs just yet.

u9C1mAUl.jpg

8eWmY8Sl.jpg

WYx9GoXl.jpg

I finally got this guy in, I got him into a pose I like, but any view where the shield doesn't block the body looks odd to me. Am I doing something wrong with crunching his body? I know no one will ever see him from the rear but he looks like he's taking a dump and his pants are falling down from it. I tried to pull up the pants but they seem pretty tight. I didn't take the boots off to see if I can do anything with the pant legs just yet.
Yeah, I have a similar problem with his pants in the back, but I've not found it to be a problem as long as I don't curve his back too much. I have mine in a more straight-up, chest-out posture and I've not had this be much of a problem. Someone else said they were able to hike up his pants in the back too, so that might help!

I also managed to get the original brown shipper!! Every time I had asked before on a Hot Toys fig bought in the comic book shop, they had always thrown it away when they originally got it in. But this time they had it!!

P.S. Am I the only one whose wife thinks they're crazy for caring if it comes with the brown shipper or not? LOL
I have one HT that doesn't have the brown shipper, and it drives me insane. I love them.

Yeah, I have a similar problem with his pants in the back, but I've not found it to be a problem as long as I don't curve his back too much. I have mine in a more straight-up, chest-out posture and I've not had this be much of a problem. Someone else said they were able to hike up his pants in the back too, so that might help!

I could try that, I just figured he must have been hunched a little bit in that pose at least. Looking at the figure from the side, the proportions are looking off to me now. Like he's got too long of a torso but I guess that could be a result of the low pants.

I could try that, I just figured he must have been hunched a little bit in that pose at least. Looking at the figure from the side, the proportions are looking off to me now. Like he's got too long of a torso but I guess that could be a result of the low pants.
Yeah, I was thinking that at first as well. It looks way too long in the back, and I think that's also why he looks like he has no bum. I think they just didn't quite tailor the pants correctly. Reminds me of when ya try on a pair of pants that are slightly too small. and they kinda squeeze your cheeks too much or won't pull up all the way in the back. Haha. He does, indeed, have a butt; his pants just seem to be a little too small in the back.

Someone may have a hack for this! I'll let you guys know if I figure anything out while playing around with this one.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the mods they made between the D23 version and this final version. Or perhaps the reuse of pants from IW Cap to this one without making sure they fit properly. This one has the IW Cap pants, doesn't it?

It is a beautiful figure. Yeah, I see what you're saying about the size. I have both JL Batman and Mk 85 Iron Man, and they are both massive and very heavy in comparison. Purely from a "Wow, this is really heavy and, therefore, feels really important and expensive", it is certainly underwhelming, but I think the size makes sense from a character standpoint. Batman had to get huge because he has no superhuman enhancements and that's what it took to get the strength, while Cap's strength comes from the formula. And I actually think Evans was leaner in EG vs TFA, personally. And of course, Iron Man is huge because of the armor (and heavy because he's diecast. Haha).

To each his own, of course. We all feel very different about how this fig turned out, and that's perfectly fine. :) I really like this one myself. In the words of Justin, "It REALLY IS... that dahn good.". LOL
I do just think it is within their Marvel line-ups size range. For some reason their DC line is extremely beefy and tends to be taller. I sold all of my Marvel figures ages ago so this is the first in my collection, so I sort of forgot the size differences.

But that aside this is the best Cap they've done. The paint application on his is extremely nice and the multi-layers. Would have been nice with a battle-damaged plate, though. But I've got him in a nice Mjolnir-wielding pose, the most dynamic I've ever put a figure for a pose. And he's begging for Thor and Iron Man to join him. I am extremely happy with this piece in isolation. Although it does have its problems, for a relatively loose-fitting clothed character the articulation is a bit non-existent. Very little range in hip/leg articulation.

But under so nice lighting he really shines, really does evoke the last battle. And I'm actually really happy I decided to keep the purchase. Thor, Iron Man and Cap will be my only Marvel Hot Toys I think, unless the new Thor comes out looking great, which from promo shots he will (Thor's been my favourite since the beginning).

Finally got mine by also stalking my local comic book store until they FINALLY got one in! :D Thanks for that tip, Darth KirBayBey!! I had been checking the comic book store for months, but I had all but lost hope they would get one before me. Ordered mine from SS in Jan 2020 and cancelled the order yesterday. Hah.
You're welcome! For some reason my local store always get their allotment of Hot Toys figures before SSC even sends theirs out to customers who bought from them directly!

So I figured out that (along with hiking up the pants as much as possible) adjusting the belt up above the top of the pants a bit more -- but not so much that there's a gap between belt and bottom of pants -- helps some with that weird waistline/butt issue in the back. Try it out and see if it helps for you! :)

Back