Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

The yellow flaw on the batsymbol would bother me. Looks like a little of the finish was scraped on the eyebrow, as you mentioned.

Other than that it looks okay, but you always roll the dice on the secondary market. Spunds like this guy is being up front about the issues, though.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

The yellow flaw on the batsymbol would bother me. Looks like a little of the finish was scraped on the eyebrow, as you mentioned.

Other than that it looks okay, but you always roll the dice on the secondary market. Spunds like this guy is being up front about the issues, though.

Yeah he has been somehow although when I asked him about the eyebrow he said that nothing was corrected but also did not say that it was scraped. And I am like you, I guess. Very picky about my figures and especially Batman Returns which is my holy grail, and knowing me it will probably bother me too. But I am very torn as well because this figure is hard to find. Not sure if the price is too much too for that figure or worth the compromise for the imperfections.

Yeah he has been somehow although when I asked him about the eyebrow he said that nothing was corrected but also did not say that it was scraped. And I am like you, I guess. Very picky about my figures and especially Batman Returns which is my holy grail, and knowing me it will probably bother me too. But I am very torn as well because this figure is hard to find. Not sure if the price is too much too for that figure or worth the compromise for the imperfections.
Honestly, I think the price is steep given the condition, but I haven't researched the current prices for this piece.

One option would be to turn on the ebay filter for completed listings, that way you can see what the figure has actually been selling for. Another option would be to put out feelers on Facebook buy and sell groups, like One Sixth Republic BST.

Price seems a touch steep. Not criminally so, but it's a little high.

The flaw on the symbol looks like something you could correct with careful paint matching, a very fine brush and a steady hand. With masking and maybe some magnification of course. So that depends on your comfort level with paint.

The eyebrow looks minor in the photo. Were it me I'd save up for a perfect one, just because it's a grail, but this one can be refurbished.

Price seems a touch steep. Not criminally so, but it's a little high.

The flaw on the symbol looks like something you could correct with careful paint matching, a very fine brush and a steady hand. With masking and maybe some magnification of course. So that depends on your comfort level with paint.

The eyebrow looks minor in the photo. Were it me I'd save up for a perfect one, just because it's a grail, but this one can be refurbished.

What will be a reasonable price for it in such condition? Asking because I am new to the hole collecting HT figures and such. I have recently stared, like 2 months ago.

Honestly, I think the price is steep given the condition, but I haven't researched the current prices for this piece.

One option would be to turn on the ebay filter for completed listings, that way you can see what the figure has actually been selling for. Another option would be to put out feelers on Facebook buy and sell groups, like One Sixth Republic BST.

I will definitely do that and check what the prices are for sold items on ebay. BTW any other BST groups besides One Sixth Republic BST?

I will definitely do that and check what the prices are for sold items on ebay. BTW any other BST groups besides One Sixth Republic BST?
The only other one that I use is a Canada-based one. The name escapes me right now, but if you're not in Canada it's probably little help anyway.

Oh, I guess there's One Sixth Gotham. It's not a buy and sell group, but members do sell items through there.

What will be a reasonable price for it in such condition? Asking because I am new to the hole collecting HT figures and such. I have recently stared, like 2 months ago.

That's really subjective. How much do you want it, how much do you not want to pay eBay prices, how comfortable are you with fixing it?

Myself, I wouldn't pay more than $325USD for it but in reality ... if I didn't already own one I'd want to buy one in perfect condition rather than one with any flaws at all, at which point you're looking at considerably more in the current market.

That's really subjective. How much do you want it, how much do you not want to pay eBay prices, how comfortable are you with fixing it?

Myself, I wouldn't pay more than $325USD for it but in reality ... if I didn't already own one I'd want to buy one in perfect condition rather than one with any flaws at all, at which point you're looking at considerably more in the current market.

Well, I really do want it but also Ebay prices are way too much or prices like around $750 new form a website but even that is too much I think. Hence why I have not bought one yet. I feel like $450-$480 new will be reasonable. As for fixing it, I can try but will have to research what tool and paint will be needed. Of course not having to deal with this is best. The original asking price for this item from the seller was $480 but he dropped to $415. But now thinking about it, does sound overpriced.

Does anyone know what color code/type the paint on the headsculpt of the bat is? I am just wondering if it will be easy to find one that will match in case I do end up getting that particular unit from the previous post and decide to fix the batsymbol QC issue myself.

Does anyone know what color code/type the paint on the headsculpt of the bat is? I am just wondering if it will be easy to find one that will match in case I do end up getting that particular unit from the previous post and decide to fix the batsymbol QC issue myself.

No idea. If I were trying to fix something that small I?d probably just start with a decent matte black acrylic paint and see what I needed after that (semi gloss or matte sealant).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea. If I were trying to fix something that small I?d probably just start with a decent matte black acrylic paint and see what I needed after that (semi gloss or matte sealant).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you that helps a little bit. Maybe the matte sealant sounds like something that could do it.

Quick update guys, I have decided not to buy the Batman from the previous posts and to keep looking for either new one or one that is used but in a better condition. Not sure if it was the right call or since this guys is rare to find but knowing me I would like to have him in a better state. Thank you everyone for giving your advices and opinions!

In this hobby patience is key. I understand waiting and hunting for something especially on a grail figure. You will find one someday and when you have it you will enjoy it even more knowing that the hunt paid off. Hope you are able to find one soon at a reasonable cost.

In this hobby patience is key. I understand waiting and hunting for something especially on a grail figure. You will find one someday and when you have it you will enjoy it even more knowing that the hunt paid off. Hope you are able to find one soon at a reasonable cost.

I absolutely agree! Do you think the set is worth the price range of the $700-$800 that usually sells for on ebay or just the Batman is good enough of a value? Which I believe can be found for a lot less.

I have the set with Bruce Wayne, it's a nice set but only if you want the Keaton sculpt and the torn cowl. I am working on getting a display case for the Batmobile and want to put the Bruce Wayne figure with it. The tux is nice for Wayne but I would have preferred the jeans and sweater look he had in Batman 89. The Batman Returns figure looks awesome and the facesculpt is spot on. Very mean looking Batman. If I hadn't gotten a good deal I would have just picked up the Batman solo figure. I am currently looking for battle damaged Robocop with Alex Murphy and the prices are very high. Similar price point as the Returns Batman.

I have the set with Bruce Wayne, it's a nice set but only if you want the Keaton sculpt and the torn cowl. I am working on getting a display case for the Batmobile and want to put the Bruce Wayne figure with it. The tux is nice for Wayne but I would have preferred the jeans and sweater look he had in Batman 89. The Batman Returns figure looks awesome and the facesculpt is spot on. Very mean looking Batman. If I hadn't gotten a good deal I would have just picked up the Batman solo figure. I am currently looking for battle damaged Robocop with Alex Murphy and the prices are very high. Similar price point as the Returns Batman.

Thanks for the reply! Do you think the headscuplt and the torn cowl are worth it? Do you find yourself switching/displaying it often in that look? And a battle demaged Robocop. with Alex Murphy is another awesome piece to have. I have the regular and wish HT added damage version pieces with the regular instead of splitting it like that.

I only used the Wayne sculpt with the torn cowl once. If hot toys did a Catwoman and Penguin I would change it out to display when Batman tries to get Selina to give up the fight and go away with him. As is I like the Wayne figure but not really needed by himself. I will put him with the Batmobile though when I can get a good display case set up. The Batman outfit and sculpt are way to good not to be used together. I prefer the 89 suit but both figures are grails to me. They are very well done in look. The Robocop I understand Hot Toys doing as separate releases because of the battle damage but I really wish the Paint job the damaged one had was used for the original release. I wish I could find a reasonable set now.

I only used the Wayne sculpt with the torn cowl once. If hot toys did a Catwoman and Penguin I would change it out to display when Batman tries to get Selina to give up the fight and go away with him. As is I like the Wayne figure but not really needed by himself. I will put him with the Batmobile though when I can get a good display case set up. The Batman outfit and sculpt are way to good not to be used together. I prefer the 89 suit but both figures are grails to me. They are very well done in look. The Robocop I understand Hot Toys doing as separate releases because of the battle damage but I really wish the Paint job the damaged one had was used for the original release. I wish I could find a reasonable set now.

I see. Sounds like the Batman only will be the best option and maybe get the torn cowls accessories and head from ebay or somewhere. I dont have the HT Batmobile so If I were to get the set I was planing with getting a third party Bruce Wayne head sculpt so that I can use it with the torn cowl but then again you are right that Batman's headsculpt is too good not to be displayed! As for Robocop I am not sure how much is your budget but have you checked TW website? They have one for sale for $650 brand new!

Back