Hot Toys –MMS203D05 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure with Mechanical Chair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part of my setup. This is definitely one of my favourite figures
e516eb0a0511170a21ebc90be5b6df52.jpg
826519882fd6722854a4665e5dbe862c.jpg

just wanted to show a few pics of the incredible repaint of my hot toys robocop by the amazing Dark_Spidey_Customs! as you can see hes a beaut! a huge thanks to Kevin for this work of art. he is a true artist and i recommend him highly!

14846.jpg14848.jpg14849.jpg

i would need a lot more than one, can't afford it :(

Assuming you're talking about the repaint I want to have at least one. But yes I worry that it'd make me want the rest done the same - my chair Robo and my semi-BD Robo (MMS202/3 with the BD parts).

Assuming you're talking about the repaint I want to have at least one. But yes I worry that it'd make me want the rest done the same - my chair Robo and my semi-BD Robo (MMS202/3 with the BD parts).

Lol probably

I'll do a fully repainted movie accurate Robocop 1 repaint early next year

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Just got this set. Really happy with it! However, once I opened the box, I found this piece loose:

IMG_7783.jpg

Any idea where it's from?

Looks like a screw plug, not sure where its from on the figure though, my guess is check the right side of the figure...

soooo my fellow collectors, i sadly inform you that Robocop's paint sticks to everything, not just the chair's rubber.

he sat on a piece of fabric, it might be synthetic ok, but he still stuck - and got some black spots on his arse.

so i invented a new way to torment poor Murphy. i believe there was actually a variant of such torment in middle ages or earlier.
now he sits on a log (made from that fabric).

347w4et.jpg

turned the brightness up to show what can save it.
his hips, back or elbows don't touch anything.
3 points of... i don't know the word, but 3 points of contact to keep him in one pose: black scrotum part - and palms.

and yes, palms have pieces of cellophane under them as well. just in case.

and the worst part is that it is true for BD Robocop as well! he sat with his helmet in one hand and a mirror in another, and his arse stuck to the fabric as well.

luckily i can even glue one clean robocop to the chair completely because it's a separate figure for that one purpose, as well as BD Robocop, another lucky thing is that on Battle Damaged it looks... well, damaged.

but everybody else should be warned: sit your robocops carefully! no contact of "metal" paint with anything.

Just picked up this beauty last night.
Luckily there's no paint damage as the previous owner had the figure in the original Styrofoam storage the whole time.
What I do noticed though is that the fists and the fist with spike all had Styrofoam stuck to it.
I imagine this is what would have happened to Robocop if I had left it on it's chair.

Re: Hot Toys –MMS203D05 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure with Mechanical Ch

I finally got round to a small mod i had wanted to do for a while to this. Installing some LEDs into the screen and the scopes. First thing to do is open up the monitor. This is glued to the base, but you can gently prise it off to access the hidden screw. Inside is a sticker for the screen, stuck to a thin piece of foam. Peel ot off and stick this to a thin piece of white plasticard (1mm) and bend it slightly to match the screen glass. I added 2 thin strips of black plasticard to stop light leakage on the edges.

rc01.jpg

Glue into place with a few dabs of superglue. I added a thick piece of black plasticard along the bottom edge to stop light leakage and to hold the screen more securely.

rc02.jpg

The dummy wire is actually useable, so solder an LED onto the end and glue into place.

rc03.jpg

I added a thin strip of black card along the top edge to block some light leakage.

rc04.jpg

Looking good.

rc05.jpg

Disassemble the scopes. The front panel slides off. Drill through the 2 screens.

rc06.jpg

Dremel away some of the plastic along the side.

rc07.jpg

Apply the screen stickers to a 1mm piece of card and glue into place. I seem to have lost mine, so am going to print suitable graphics onto paper and stick down with tape.

rc08.jpg

Solder another LED into place.

rc09.jpg

The screens are blank for now.

rc10.jpg

There are 4 screws on the seat base. Undo them, then remove the seat top and the left armrest. Feed both sets of wires through the seat base.

rc12.jpg

Solder the wires to the existing connections and reassemble.

rc13.jpg

A simple mod that adds more life to this piece. I used warm white LEDs, but i think i will switch them to bright white to better match the existing lighting.

rc14.jpg

rc15.jpg

Re: Hot Toys –MMS203D05 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure with Mechanical Ch

I finally got round to a small mod i had wanted to do for a while to this. Installing some LEDs into the screen and the scopes. First thing to do is open up the monitor. This is glued to the base, but you can gently prise it off to access the hidden screw. Inside is a sticker for the screen, stuck to a thin piece of foam. Peel ot off and stick this to a thin piece of white plasticard (1mm) and bend it slightly to match the screen glass. I added 2 thin strips of black plasticard to stop light leakage on the edges.

View attachment 512672

Glue into place with a few dabs of superglue. I added a thick piece of black plasticard along the bottom edge to stop light leakage and to hold the screen more securely.

View attachment 512673

The dummy wire is actually useable, so solder an LED onto the end and glue into place.

View attachment 512674

I added a thin strip of black card along the top edge to block some light leakage.

View attachment 512675

Looking good.

View attachment 512676

Disassemble the scopes. The front panel slides off. Drill through the 2 screens.

View attachment 512677

Dremel away some of the plastic along the side.

View attachment 512678

Apply the screen stickers to a 1mm piece of card and glue into place. I seem to have lost mine, so am going to print suitable graphics onto paper and stick down with tape.

View attachment 512679

Solder another LED into place.

View attachment 512680

The screens are blank for now.

View attachment 512681

There are 4 screws on the seat base. Undo them, then remove the seat top and the left armrest. Feed both sets of wires through the seat base.

View attachment 512682

Solder the wires to the existing connections and reassemble.

View attachment 512683

A simple mod that adds more life to this piece. I used warm white LEDs, but i think i will switch them to bright white to better match the existing lighting.

View attachment 512684

View attachment 512685

GREAT MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! :clap

Wow fantastic mods :clap, I always felt HT missed a trick with not adding a light up feature with the Robo chair.

Back