Hot Toys –MMS203D05 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure with Mechanical Chair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope, i'm not disassembling my chair, though i disassembled many figures to their smallest parts before.
it's because the outcome experience won't have any value for me, and i don't want to break anything. there should be no difficulty with detatching any parts, there might be a problem with re-attaching them. it's a piece of art as it is, with all those 80ths cables and wires.

According to review (Michael Crawford's if memory serves), the chair can be partially disassembled (chair from support) to reach the battery compartment.
All I'm asking is that, and pictures of that.
Anybody else?
m.

oh, there is nothing interesting there, look. you just take everything from the black thing, pressing a button to free it.

The entire chair assembly can be removed from the heavy base, which is handy for swapping in the batteries and attaching the cords.

review_robochair_8.jpg

first of two photos shows the chair from behind, the grey arm is on its left.

the battery compartment is seen on the second photo - it's on the bottom. i didn't even try what those batteries do.

BTW my chair monitors (two round ones) don't have any drawings on them, i guess they had to be glued there, and i don't know now where to find them :( i threw the box away.

Attachments

• chair01.jpg
    chair01.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 232
  • chair02.jpg
    chair02.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 236
You throw away the boxes?? I couldn't do that. Even when I sold some figures loose because the buyer didn't need the boxes it felt all kinds of wrong throwing the empty boxes away.

exactly. i was allowed to keep my toys everywhere, but boxes fortresses were too much :lol

Hello guys,

Can someone please post the dimensions for the mechanical chair?

Length
Width
Height

Much appreciated,

Thanks bro.
Sorry for the late response.
Do you thinnk the gray arm joining the black base and the chair itself could also be detached from the chair? Any screws in those holes on the chair's underside that could be removed to release the arm? Just how far can the chair be disassembled?
I'm wondering if the chair could be somehow turned into something that looked hitech but more Aliens-ish...
m.

I had this Crazy idea for a very long time. I want to do a copy of HT robocop chair for my 1/4.

Gentlemen, do you think iTS doable?

Uggghh I've had this figure displayed for months and the one day I nudge my detolf ROBO takes a spill and didn't find any damage until recently when I reposed him (FML) I had pulled him from being sitting in the chair because I saw the rubber in the knees starting to stress and now his right elbow is completely shredded. He fell on his right side with his arm in a bent position because he was holding his gun up. I'm really considering finding a spare body now, it's just too much damage to want to keep looking/knowing he is damaged.

Uggghh I've had this figure displayed for months and the one day I nudge my detolf ROBO takes a spill and didn't find any damage until recently when I reposed him (FML) I had pulled him from being sitting in the chair because I saw the rubber in the knees starting to stress and now his right elbow is completely shredded. He fell on his right side with his arm in a bent position because he was holding his gun up. I'm really considering finding a spare body now, it's just too much damage to want to keep looking/knowing he is damaged.

That's the problem with the use of any kind of rubber on these figures. Once its bent to any position that puts stress on it inevitably it breaks. Its really unacceptable on a figure this expensive to have this happen but I've seen it so many times now it doesn't surprise me. Hot Toys never learn from their mistakes.

]

You don't need the whole body, this should do

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-R...694703?hash=item51ee14d92f:g:y3IAAOSwEK9UIbAa

This saves me so much money I was looking at a $100-150 pricetag just for a complete body. I don't know why I had such difficulty trying to find just the arm by itself.
you would not be sorry if you bought a complete body... because one day your leg peg or arm peg will break, and you'll need a replacement body :lol

you would not be sorry if you bought a complete body... because one day your leg peg or arm peg will break, and you'll need a replacement body :lol

Don't get me wrong I am contemplating this too just for future breakage but for right now all I need is the arm. Who knows I may save up a little then splurge to get the body and put the disintegrating body in the Mechanical chair and have a nice standing posed version too.

BTW has anyone taken the battle damaged head from the first wave of ROBO's and put it on the battle damaged body? Kinda like this scene

12-Best-100-Robots-in-Film-Robot-Robocop.jpg

BTW has anyone taken the battle damaged head from the first wave of ROBO's and put it on the battle damaged body? Kinda like this scene

12-Best-100-Robots-in-Film-Robot-Robocop.jpg
yep, i think everybody did it, once it was confirmed they are replaceable. some people even gave the helmet an additional "weathering" - i didn't have paints and guts for that.

though your screenshot is not for that scene - the arm is too intact :)

Back