Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm watching the Movies That Made Us Robocop episode on Netflix. If HT did the paint job that Spidey did it would be the crown jewel in my collection. I wonder if they'd ever do a 1/4 scale. China loves robots too right?

I'm watching the Movies That Made Us Robocop episode on Netflix. If HT did the paint job that Spidey did it would be the crown jewel in my collection. I wonder if they'd ever do a 1/4 scale. China loves robots too right?
I betcha they don’t interview Rob Bottin do they? But I must watch it anyway.

I betcha they don’t interview Rob Bottin do they? But I must watch it anyway.

No. You'd have a better chance of interviewing Big Foot than Rob Bottin, he's famously a recluse and that probably won't change. Peter Weller doesn't appear either since he hates talking about Robocop, although he'll be appearing in that long overdue Robodoc documentary, which in production for over 5 years I think.

Still though, it's a good episode,. I've probably seen every Robocop documentary out there was pleasantly surprised on the newer morsels of info, like how Weller nearly got fired and enraged Verhoven for wanting to change the script and dialogue, which I honestly think is overstepping his boundaries. Actors aren't script doctors.

r1.jpg

I wonder has anyone's Robocop suffered the dreaded joint breakages while in Dark Spidey's possession as he performs those repaints. That'd be a big worry I'd have.

I
I wonder has anyone's Robocop suffered the dreaded joint breakages while in Dark Spidey's possession as he performs those repaints. That'd be a big worry I'd have.
I was actually wondering the same thing. That would suck big time. “Your figures paint is close to perfect now, but the arms and legs broke off. Sooo…good luck!” Lol

I upgraded my 3D printer so that I can print out bigger pieces. As a test, I'm doing a small project making 86 Ford Taurus Police car for Robocop.
Instead of making a full car, I've cut out the portion shown in the Poster shot.
This will also fit in my Detolf nicely.
Here are some quick 3D images and Print out pics of parts.

Parts rughly assembled to check the fitting and scale
Robocop_3D Print_Taurus01 by kyewans, on Flickr

Also made police comm device mounted on the console
Robocop_3D Print_Taurus02 by kyewans, on Flickr

Clear parts are being printed. I'll add them for testing in the next round
Robocop_3D Print_Taurus03 by kyewans, on Flickr

Scale check with Hot Toys Robocop. It looks like the scale is OK
Robocop_3D Print_Taurus04 by kyewans, on Flickr

I don't think I can really do the poster pose since that was painting (not real photo?) I can try to get close - something like this maybe?
Robocop_3D Print_Taurus05 by kyewans, on Flickr

I literally planned to do the exact same thing but alas 2nd daughter on the way so there goes any 3d modelling for some time LOL. Looks sick what you have done, can't wait to see the final result :).

Back