Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My figure has been in its box since new. Now I took some shots of it and noticed the skin color had changed A LOT darker, it's like he's Puerto Rican now, or something. Disappointed. Now it's harder to sell, too. How much do people pay for these nowadays?
Maybe you mistakenly bought RoboCable from that god awful TV movie?

latest

My figure has been in its box since new. Now I took some shots of it and noticed the skin color had changed A LOT darker, it's like he's Puerto Rican now, or something. Disappointed. Now it's harder to sell, too. How much do people pay for these nowadays?
The skin has always been too dark on this figure. If you've had him boxed up for 8 years maybe you just genuinely forgot? :dunno Seems like the most plausible explanation. This is what mine looks like:

DSC_0137.jpg

it looks like the face plate should be lowered :lecture
Maybe! I’ve changed it out since that photo. I know it’s easy to forget to disconnect the chin strap and tuck the face down in there. I see it in other people’s photos and have been guilty of it myself.

^
that's just wow. would be so nice if somebody produced him that good.
hell, if anybody did it at all.

i guess there is a Bodicker with a rod on the left, a Lewis behind (because she's much shorter than Murphy next to her) and... Morton or Old Man on the right? (both had dark suits)

I've tried to find more pics but it's a dead end. I don't even know if the guy that posted the pics was the same guy that made them. That Clarence is just spot on though....like a-dev said, the body language of the pose is perfect for the character.

I went back to the guy's twitter account and found two more pics....looks like an actual screen used Murphy head, and if we can assume that's authentic, maybe an actual screen used chest armor too.

E-XXdz7VIAoObUp.jpg

E-XSQ90VgAkVwiV.jpg

If that Murphy head was just a custom and not screen used, why's it look all degraded and about 30 years old?

Again, no idea who this guy is or if these are even his pics, but they're cool to see. Well, Murphy is kinda horrific, but you know what I mean. I'm going on the assumption that's an actual prop from ONE of the several RoboCop productions.

I bought my Robocop pre-owned and I see this weird line on the helmet, is this normal or am I being a perfectionist?

Attachments

• 0BAFA5B7-7760-4929-AD04-E6E185E195A0.jpeg
    0BAFA5B7-7760-4929-AD04-E6E185E195A0.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 48
I bought my Robocop pre-owned and I see this weird line on the helmet, is this normal or am I being a perfectionist?
Honestly hard to notice. My Robocop doesn’t have that line but my helmet isn’t perfect either. Very very small pits in the plastic (under the paint) on mine. Both of our issues are hard to notice unless you bring it up to your eye.

Probably warped but I wouldn't worry about it, the suit in the movie is far, far, faaaaar from being as smooth as you'd remember watching on the blu ray.

Same thing about the 89 Batmobile when people were trying to keep it mint but when whatching the 4K blu ray the car is scracthed to hell.

Probably warped but I wouldn't worry about it, the suit in the movie is far, far, faaaaar from being as smooth as you'd remember watching on the blu ray.

Same thing about the 89 Batmobile when people were trying to keep it mint but when whatching the 4K blu ray the car is scracthed to hell.
Yeah I sorta just roll my eyes and accept the scratches on the Batmobile. I notice new flaws on that every time I look at it.

Back