Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I literally planned to do the exact same thing but alas 2nd daughter on the way so there goes any 3d modelling for some time LOL. Looks sick what you have done, can't wait to see the final result :).
Yeah. I know how that goes. LOL. I stopped all my hobbies for 7 years when I became a father. Hobbies can wait.
Look forward to seeing that finished. Sure to be an enviable display
Thanks!
That Taurus turned out amazing. Some sanding and paint, this will be a superior display piece
LOL. Thanks! Yeah the sanding part...My least favorite part of this hobby - specially sanding resin with respirator on...not fun

How is everyone displaying their Robocop figures and how are they holding up? My friend just told me he has an imprint on the thighs from the crotch grabber buds.

I also would love to leave the elbows bent but that's probably too risky nowadays.

I keep mine without elbows bent and the crotch grabber away from the undercarriage. Too paranoid of splitting the elbows to bend anything. So far mine has held up really well.

I keep mine without elbows bent and the crotch grabber away from the undercarriage. Too paranoid of splitting the elbows to bend anything. So far mine has held up really well.
Good to hear. So the grabber isn't touching anything and is just there as a safety net?

I removed the crotch grabber altogether and instead reinforced the ankle swivel joints with some Kiki Fix Loose Joints (dumb name, excellent product) since mine became loose with age and the entire weight of the figure lies on those joints.

I kept one or two of the elbows between the regular/bd versions bent for like a year, they were a little wonky when I unbent them, but I just took a look at them now and the rubber parts are fine now.

For the crotch grabber, I take it literally and I spread them apart and have each rung go around the black hip area, cause otherwise that thing isn't holding anything.

I kept one or two of the elbows between the regular/bd versions bent for like a year, they were a little wonky when I unbent them, but I just took a look at them now and the rubber parts are fine now.

For the crotch grabber, I take it literally and I spread them apart and have each rung go around the black hip area, cause otherwise that thing isn't holding anything.
You left them bent for a year? Brave man! Would you say it's safe to do?

Is your crotch grabber touching anything now? The black plastic of the figure can deform if in contact with the stand for too long.

You left them bent for a year? Brave man! Would you say it's safe to do?

Is your crotch grabber touching anything now? The black plastic of the figure can deform if in contact with the stand for too long.
Yeah I left them posed for a while and didn't really touch them before moving last year. Crap, a year and a half ago I mean haha, time flies in a pandemic. I'm not using the stands now, but the black plastic of the hips seem pretty strong to me, I'm not using the stand right now, but that's how I had them set up previously.

How is everyone displaying their Robocop figures and how are they holding up? My friend just told me he has an imprint on the thighs from the crotch grabber buds.

I also would love to leave the elbows bent but that's probably too risky nowadays.
Mine are always bent. I don’t think it’s caused much fuss. No stands though.
865672F3-1414-4F1B-B7D4-3492D9B6A30D.jpeg

Probably a long shot but does anyone have an extra articulated right hand? Mine is broken and I can't find any on the usual sites.

You can always "upgrade" it to the machine gun from the third "movie" :D
But I guess this is really for the left hand.. arm machine gun
Thanks, I saw that and while cool, I was really hoping to have the option to pose with the pistol aimed. I can find third party pistols but no hand to hold it. I got a good deal on a loose one but it only came with BD helmet/chest piece, neutral face, and fisted hands. Which I'm cool with as that's the only way I'd display him anyways, I just wanted the option for museum and one action pose (pointing the guy). Wonder if a standard black gloved pistol holding hand would be good enough.

Back