Hot Toys–DX 03- Michael Jackson 'Bad' spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

If anyone is interested, this figure is in stock at SSC. So if you want to pick him up for retail, then now is your chance.
The pictures in this thread were the reasons why i picked up this figure.

Same here. I just ordered mine directly from Sideshow :yess:. This past weekend and this morning the full pay was flagged as checking inventory, but the flex-pay was "in-stock". It seemed odd and so I called Sideshow to ask about their inventory. The rep changed the flex-pay on the website to sold out and the full pay to in-stock because it is in fact in stock, but they did not have room on their flex pay schedule to process anymore orders. It's an opportunity for anyone to pick this up that missed out w/out having to overpay from ebay or somewhere else. Definitely get the pack-out to avoid a damaged box and or figure.

Same here. I just ordered mine directly from Sideshow :yess:. This past weekend and this morning the full pay was flagged as checking inventory, but the flex-pay was "in-stock". It seemed odd and so I called Sideshow to ask about their inventory. The rep changed the flex-pay on the website to sold out and the full pay to in-stock because it is in fact in stock, but they did not have room on their flex pay schedule to process anymore orders. It's an opportunity for anyone to pick this up that missed out w/out having to overpay from ebay or somewhere else. Definitely get the pack-out to avoid a damaged box and or figure.

Thanks for the info.. pack-out?

Thanks for the info.. pack-out?

Pack-out is something that sideshow offers for collectibles that you wish to have packed-out in a separate shipping box w/ cushioning aside from what it already comes in. Hot toys figures recently have been backed in an brown shipper box that has the item description written on it and SSC has just been slapping the UPS label on that direct box and shipped it to you. If the box gets damaged during shipping the Hot toys box will also get damaged. With pack-out the outer-most box may get damaged, but the inner shipper box w/ the figure box will be protected. The hot toys item boxes are really nice and in a way are part of the collectible so I like to have the box as mint as possible. You do have to pay for it though. On a 12in figure it generally cost an extra $10, but after my recent experiences it is well worth it. Hope this makes sense and helps. Added pics foe example.

HT Bruce Lee EX arrived damaged w/ out pack-out:
SAM_1162.jpg

Iron Man Mark VI EX arrived perfect w/ pack-out:
SAM_1163.jpg

Last edited:
Pack-out is something that sideshow offers for collectibles that you wish to have packed-out in a separate shipping box w/ cushioning aside from what it already comes in. Hot toys figures recently have been backed in an brown shipper box that has the item description written on it and SSC has just been slapping the UPS label on that direct box and shipped it to you. If the box gets damaged during shipping the Hot toys box will also get damaged. With pack-out the outer-most box may get damaged, but the inner shipper box w/ the figure box will be protected. The hot toys item boxes are really nice and in a way are part of the collectible so I like to have the box as mint as possible. You do have to pay for it though. On a 12in figure it generally cost an extra $10, but after my recent experiences it is well worth it. Hope this makes sense and helps. Added pics foe example.

Awesome, thanks for the info... and oh yeah this helps, my statues are always fine, but the few 12" figs I have ordered from sideshow always have their sides caved in.. worth the (avg.) extra $10 for peace of mind

I'm so happy to have snatched this figure last year for a reasonable price. This one is easily the best MJ figure produced by Hot Toys. Can't judge about the Billie Jean figure (my MJ collection only lacks this one). I hope HT are going to release a Smooth Criminal version (and please not the dumb robot version from Moonwalker).

I hope HT are going to release a Smooth Criminal version (and please not the dumb robot version from Moonwalker).

They have announced smooth Criminal, the smooth criminal license was previewed among other licenses in there most recent catalog and hot toys recently in a q&a said the figure is currently in development and will be coming soon.

Missed This when it came out :(
I just jumped on the wait list... think I may score one?

Doubt it... but you never know...
There are a few on Ebay for fairly decent prices, but they are definitely on the rise...

I'm so happy to have snatched this figure last year for a reasonable price. This one is easily the best MJ figure produced by Hot Toys. Can't judge about the Billie Jean figure (my MJ collection only lacks this one). I hope HT are going to release a Smooth Criminal version (and please not the dumb robot version from Moonwalker).

:thwak
What are you talking about???
MJ Mecha is awesome!!!
:rock!

Let me rephrase the last sentence. Should Hot Toys indeed produce the mecha version and then I'd would purchase it, provided that it includes Bubbles in the package deal ;)

I would be happy just with Smooth criminal, along with Thriller and bad that's three very distinct Mj look's that will make a great display!:)

Just scored one of these and WOW am I blown away! !! Hot Toys really did MJ justice on this one! Now bring in smooth criminal!!!

... and Motown Billi Jean! :pray:

Just saw this @ OSW,
Lalla says not to be completely satisfied with the results... but wow!!

Lalla said:
ubchongik_20111008233337_13739029_1.jpg
[FONT=굴림]

ubchongik_20111008233337_13739029_2.jpg

ubchongik_20111008233337_13739029_3.jpg

ubchongik_20111008233337_13739029_4.jpg

Michael Jackson BAD custom figure

- Base Head sculpture and costumes : HOT TOYS

- EYE Custom : Lalla

- Body Custom : Lalla

- Painting : Lalla

- Hair Implantation : Lalla

I really don't think that the hair style is not quite right for the "BAD"

However, I am just tring to see this as a BAD version of Michael. :)

Thank you for watching. [/FONT]

You guys can see a little more from my blog :

Lalla?

Well, if it´s not for the taste of him, can send it me . Wow, what an improvement :horror:horror:horror Only the face, it´s a mile from the production figure. The last pic is unbelievable

Back