Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know i asked about the eyes before but are there any known issues with the DX08 or factory defects that i should be mindful of before i get way too excited about opening this figure?

Welp i finally got the figure and he is excellent. I absolutely love this figure, snapped a couple quick pics but will defintely take more when I have the time tomorrow. It is a night and day difference between the mars toys one and I'm honestly kinda surprised at how good it is. One annoyance is how tough the hands are to take out of the wrist peg, but once I got them out i just screwed in the hand just a little bit so they're just sitting there so i won't break the wrist peg or have any issues swapping hands! I also had to futz with the tie as it was below the top button which was really bothering me, but hes all perfect now PERS and all!

Attachments

• Polish_20220804_000608625.png
    Polish_20220804_000608625.png
    13.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Polish_20220804_000450626.png
    Polish_20220804_000450626.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
Welp as promised i took more photos today. I did a few shots from the movie and tried to recreate the publicity shots. This figure is so easy and fun to take photos of, you just can't take a bad pic of him.

Bats and joker just look so good together, i can't believe i actually finally have these 2. I remember seeing these years ago and always thought they were cool collector pieces that i needed to get as i was a huge batman 89 fan. Now i finally got em, and they're just truly spectacular

Attachments

• Joker 01.jpg
    Joker 01.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Joker 02.jpg
    Joker 02.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Joker 03.jpg
    Joker 03.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Joker 04.jpg
    Joker 04.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Joker 05.jpg
    Joker 05.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Bats and joker 01.jpg
    Bats and joker 01.jpg
    507.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Bats and joker 02.jpg
    Bats and joker 02.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Bats and joker 03.jpg
    Bats and joker 03.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Bats and joker 04.jpg
    Bats and joker 04.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Bats and joker 05.jpg
    Bats and joker 05.jpg
    626.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Bats and joker 06.jpg
    Bats and joker 06.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Bats and joker 07.jpg
    Bats and joker 07.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 0
I really hope Mars Toys considers leaving the moving eyes out if those head sculpts. Those sculpts are tremendous. I also fear I won't be able to find them loose. I'm not buying a whole figure.

Last edited:
That has been my biggest pet peeve out of all the hot toys releases, I completely dislike the hat hair it always threw it off!!!

No doubt, but they were in a tough spot. They wanted to include the hat and have him be able to wear it. Including a second non-hat hair head was out of the question. It was already one of the most expensive single figures HT had ever made up till that point due to licensing. Paying $265 for a HT figure nowadays is the norm but it wasn't in 2011.

Anyway, I had mine modified. 😁

20220325_111140.jpg

I really hope Mars Toys considers leaving the moving eyes out if those head sculpts. Those sculpts are tremendous. I also fear I won't be able to find them loose. I'm not buying a whole figure.
I really hope so too, the eyes honestly ruin what could've been great on the mars toys figure. They look really glassy and wide eyed

No thread for the Mars Toys figure?

I got the Mars Toys Joker, now I need a Batman reissue from HT or Mars Toys.

Nice figure, I know not as good as HT, but works for me as I didnt want to pay 400-500 for him.

View attachment 603482

View attachment 603483
Looks nice! I see they've fixed the tie issue with some of them. My figures tie was below the top button and when i tried adjusting it, it almost fell apart. It's not as good as HT but for most people it'll do (i am not most people, and forked out a lot to get the original since i wasn't happy with the mars toys figure) but enjoy the figure! As for the batman, there's gonna be a 89 batman reissue from HT but when exactly they will officially announce that we don't know.

Nice figure, I know not as good as HT, but works for me as I didnt want to pay 400-500 for him.

View attachment 603482

View attachment 603483
Got mine late last week. Not quite as good as the HT figure but still brilliant for the price. Feels like they improved some things from the first batch.

My only complaint is the same as the original HT versions. Green on the hair feels too dark and flat.

Got mine late last week. Not quite as good as the HT figure but still brilliant for the price. Feels like they improved some things from the first batch.

My only complaint is the same as the original HT versions. Green on the hair feels too dark and flat.
I dislike the hat hair too. It's not accurate. I display my figure with the hat on, i don't feel he looks as good without it. And yeah seems they have improved, i have the first batch and the tie is dreadful on mine, it was way too thick and poorly tied below the top button and it seems to be fixed in the second batch. Then again my HT figure had the same issues when i got it out of the box, but it was far easier to fix. One thing i prefer on the MT over the HT is the orange shirt. I prefer the brighter pop the HT one has but the material is terrible and as i was adjusting the tie threads were coming out all over the place where as MT doesn't have that issue

I dislike the hat hair too. It's not accurate. I display my figure with the hat on, i don't feel he looks as good without it. And yeah seems they have improved, i have the first batch and the tie is dreadful on mine, it was way too thick and poorly tied below the top button and it seems to be fixed in the second batch. Then again my HT figure had the same issues when i got it out of the box, but it was far easier to fix. One thing i prefer on the MT over the HT is the orange shirt. I prefer the brighter pop the HT one has but the material is terrible and as i was adjusting the tie threads were coming out all over the place where as MT doesn't have that issue
It is a shame Mars Toys didn't produce a sculpt or two of their own for the figure. When you look at the quality of their Keaton and the Romero Joker that comes with three different sculpts they are capable.

A manic laughing sculpt and a sad face from when he loses his balloons would have been cool.

It is a shame Mars Toys didn't produce a sculpt or two of their own for the figure. When you look at the quality of their Keaton and the Romero Joker that comes with three different sculpts they are capable.

A manic laughing sculpt and a sad face from when he loses his balloons would have been cool.
It is a shame. And i really don't like how the eyes on MT looks, they should do away with the PERS entirely. The HT PERS aren't perfect, but they look really good on that figure. The eyes on the MT look kinda glassy almost, theres something off about them in pictures I've taken where the HT looks like it's looking at you, MT is looking in some other direction, and the actual PERS system is done pretty poorly due to how you can't even move the eyes that much on MT. You should check out pics MT posted a while back of their museum joker sculpts, they look REALLY good and they don't have hat hair. Lets hope they don't put the PERS in since they ruin the likness IMO. Some figures like the original DX08 and DX09 look fine, but something like the DX05 likeness is ruined because of the PERS.

View attachment 603482

View attachment 603483
That head and those eyes seem to be getting farther and farther away from the Hot Toys figure they were bootlegging. Looks like they opted for a cheaper way to paint the eyebrows and eyes, which look like painted ping pong balls on Mars version when the originals were cast in like a milky glossy plastic.

DSC_0074.jpg

Last edited:
That head and those eyes seem to be getting farther and farther away from the Hot Toys figure they were bootlegging. Looks like they opted for a cheaper way to paint the eyebrows and eyes, which look like painted ping pong balls on Mars version when the originals were cast in like a milky glossy plastic.

View attachment 603572
Those eyes have an extra level of realism and creepiness MT can't compare to, great pic btw!

Yeah outside the paint work on the teeth, the HT really was ahead of it's time. It'd be awesome to see that redone with the inset dentures that have become the standard for teeth on figures.

Just received my Mars Toys Joker as well, and I'm pretty happy with him overall. The head will need a repaint and I'm still annoyed by how short they made his waistcoat, but it's still a pretty nice representation of the character for $160.

View attachment 603639

View attachment 603640
Some pictures, like the ones you took, make it look REALLY GOOD! Nice job! I find he looks way better if the eyes are obscured and not very visible, cause they just look so glassy and off if they're really focused on

I'm also annoyed they didn't include the white undershirt to hide the flesh arms

Attachments

• 20221020_100327.jpg
    20221020_100327.jpg
    674 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221020_100301.jpg
    20221020_100301.jpg
    955.8 KB · Views: 0
Back