Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anybody still do custom headsculpts for this guy? I would love to get my hands on the melting face with beret.

View attachment 486530

I always prefer the mime head sculpt

Nice! I did the same thing.

356E2041-DFF8-4C00-940A-2A155FC11616.jpeg

Yeah I'm pretty baffled by it as well.

Although I have to admit, as much as I hate the idea of these things... I'm still fairly tempted to order one anyway just because it's a figure I've always wanted and the HT has just never looked worth paying $400+ for. And I already have a knockoff Ledger Joker that I'm pretty happy with.

Those aren’t the finished production sets that everyone will be getting. Chances are that they used the HT original ones and ship a different subpar ones later on.

Well, that’s interesting. I’ve been wanting to finish a museum Joker, and Vale’s apartment Joker for a while. This may allow me to do that.

Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

So, I am aware of third party heads from the same mold as well as rip off clothing. But now we are getting 100% figure rip offs complete with accessories? WTH? How can Hot Toys allow this?

https://comic-concepts.com/collections/coming-soon/products/joker-the-clown

I might do this.

Edit: pre ordered through tns. 8 dollars nrd. Can?t beat that in case the stars align and I get an authentic one. But at least I know I have a jack joker coming my way.

It's about time a third-party seller made a bootleg re-release of the 1989 figure. Hopefully another company will make a Flugelheim Museum Joker and a Jack Napier. Same goes for a battle-damaged 1989 Batman, Alfred (Michael Gough) with Armory safe and Penguin. If HT can't be bothered to release more figures for this movie, I am fully in favor of non-licensed companies to step in and deliver what customers have been clamouring for years now. I'm saying this as someone who bought both HT Jokers.

It's about time a third-party seller made a bootleg re-release of the 1989 figure. Hopefully another company will make a Flugelheim Museum Joker and a Jack Napier. Same goes for a battle-damaged 1989 Batman, Alfred (Michael Gough) with Armory safe and Penguin. If HT can't be bothered to release more figures for this movie, I am fully in favor of non-licensed companies to step in and deliver what customers have been clamouring for years now. I'm saying this as someone who bought both HT Jokers.

An Alfred and a bob would be ideal.

Those aren?t the finished production sets that everyone will be getting. Chances are that they used the HT original ones and ship a different subpar ones later on.

Yeah those are very clearly pics of the original HT figure right now. And the face already didn't look quite as "full" as it should be for Nicholson's Joker, so I imagine the recast will look even smaller and more off.

I wouldn't preorder that, I would wait and see what the actual release looks like.

Saw that Joker up on OSK a couple days ago. Looks good and is tempting. But then there's the dilemma of if one were to get this, do you wait in hopes for a potential '89 Bats KO or shell out the ridiculous aftermarket amount for the official. And I wouldn't worry about HT shutting this thing down. They've already gotten their money for this release and aren't making anymore so they aren't losing anything from this KO.

Yep, a KO of this thing isn’t hurting HT’s pocket book at all. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a KO Batman. That’d be another one to pick up and do some battle damage to.

Back