Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
03%2007%20joker%2001.jpg

That looks great dude. :clap

I always wanted to try painting his eyeshadow a little darker, or paint his eyebrows the correct shape like they did for the Mime Joker, but I could never bring myself to. If you do paint him more please post pics.

Added real hair to my DX08. Wanted to go with the brighter green as he had in the promo shots. I love the contrast. Still debating on paint him a bit whiter too.View attachment 481875View attachment 481876View attachment 481877View attachment 481878View attachment 481879View attachment 481880View attachment 481881View attachment 481882View attachment 481883View attachment 481884

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Holy crap dude that is frankly amazing, well done on improving on what was already an amazing figure

Neil

That looks great dude. :clap

I always wanted to try painting his eyeshadow a little darker, or paint his eyebrows the correct shape like they did for the Mime Joker, but I could never bring myself to. If you do paint him more please post pics.
Holy crap dude that is frankly amazing, well done on improving on what was already an amazing figure

Neil
Wow that?s amazing!
Thanks guys! I had always wanted to do this after doing the hair on my DX11 but hairing is always nerve wracking for me so I kept putting it off.

Added real hair to my DX08. Wanted to go with the brighter green as he had in the promo shots. I love the contrast. Still debating on paint him a bit whiter tooView attachment 481883

Fantastic! :rock Love this figure, it has always been one of my collection favourites, tho somehow you've managed to make an already amazing looking figure look even more amazing - well done, a really great job there! :clap

Thanks guys! I had always wanted to do this after doing the hair on my DX11 but hairing is always nerve wracking for me so I kept putting it off.

You're welcome, you have some serious skill there.
Wish I had even a small amount of talent, it really adds something to the figure what you have done there.

Neil

Does HT still have the 89 Batman/Nicholson license? I know probably no one knows- instead of IM release #144 we need this again with the art museum face!

They’re probably sitting on the Batman 89 license with zero intent to make product, just so other companies can’t “compete” with them.

I heard Nicholson might be senile and no longer signing contracts for his likeness. Not sure how reliable the source was. Hot Toys’ Mime Joker was released over five years ago so who knows if they still have approval from him.

They showed a Bob figure in a display at a Con a couple years back. Wonder if that’ll ever get made. With as popular as anything 89 Bats has been lately they’ve gotta know there’s money to be made.

Back